How is everyone..

FFChris

FFChris

Awards
Hi my name is Chris .. I'm a volunteer firefighter for my community.. I'm 41 years old.. been hitting the weights since the early 90's. I'm married over 10 years, I have 2 kids. Son an a daughter.. I'm 5'6" @180 ish pounds.. I like to train heavy an intense.. I prefer the to go as heavy as possible on the compound movements: Heavy Deads, Bench an Squat.. I use ON whey gold standard, Creatine mono hydrate, BCAA's by ON. I eat lean proteins, egg whites, Chicken, Tuna, Salmon. Mainly stick to complex carbs, sweet potatoes, oatmeal and veges. Oh and a lot of water.

I workout as much as possible.. Pre-workout is a scoop of ON whey shake +1 tsp of creatine and a whole sweet potatoe about an hour before the workout. Then post is the same except the carb which is simple to spike my insulin, typically 4 slices of white bread. Then an hour later I pick back up with my meals.

I'm not the type of guy that wants to get massively huge.. I need to keep my strenght and have my cardo up for handling fires.. It's very exhausing work.. You have to be in a shape to deal with fire's for hours on end.

I look forward to talking to everyone.

Chris

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't particularly like going heavy any more :p my joints dont handle it too well

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Nice to meet ya Chris...5'6@180 is not a small guy buy any means. Seems like your doing all the right things.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Welcomee FF,.. good to have another in my age group!!!

FFChris

FFChris

Awards
Nice to meet ya Chris...5'6@180 is not a small guy buy any means. Seems like your doing all the right things.
It was a slow progressive climb.. My goal is to hit 200lbs or over, cut down and grace the stage with my presents..... umm don't know if that will happen.. But I have determination.....lol... an the support of my wife an kids... I'm the Brolic Firefighter in the family now..LOL

Welcomee FF,.. good to have another in my age group!!!
Oh yeah...... Don't let the age fool you....I can keep up with young guys 1/2 my age.... and leave them sucking air.. hoorah..

Chris