Age and muscle fatigue

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

Age and muscle fatigue

People who think that age does not have any effect on your physical performance, and who like to 'prove' this by finding some rare example of a pro who can still do well, should consult the January issue of Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews (volume 37, issue 1, year 2009), one of the journals of the American College of Sports Medicine. It contains a number of excellent overview articles that detail the changes that take place in the muscle with age, and why some of the things I have previously described help.

By the way, as an interesting pointer, it is suggested that eating less keeps the mitochondria in aged skeletal muscle working better ! This is not really a surprise; it has previously been shown that cutting calories helps extending life and limit disease.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lutherblsstt View Post
    People who think that age does not have any effect on your physical performance, and who like to 'prove' this by finding some rare example of a pro who can still do well, should consult the January issue of Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews (volume 37, issue 1, year 2009), one of the journals of the American College of Sports Medicine. It contains a number of excellent overview articles that detail the changes that take place in the muscle with age, and why some of the things I have previously described help.

By the way, as an interesting pointer, it is suggested that eating less keeps the mitochondria in aged skeletal muscle working better ! This is not really a surprise; it has previously been shown that cutting calories helps extending life and limit disease.
    Thx for the informative link!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  212 lbs.

Man I gota tell you ....I hate to read articles that tell me that the best of my life is behind me....I will work with what I have and give it my all .....all the way to the CRASH site....ageless
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. No burn after muscle fatigue
    By svtfocusman in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 08:05 AM
  2. Muscle fatigue during workouts
    By rtagz in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 02:44 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 07:41 AM