new to this forum

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

new to this forum

Been around other sites just seeing what else is out there. I am 39 and have been lifting for ever! Since about 15! I have never been happy with my size but everyone around says that I am huge. Don't consider myself to be but I enjoy the compliments. Have a lot of experience with workouts, diet, supplements have experimented with others. Don't know everything but willing to help all.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Welcome to the forum man! We're always happy to have new blood here and it seems you've been around the iron for quite some time. Looking forward to hearing from ya and hope you're able to pick a few things up from us as well.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Thanks bro. Can always learn new stuff, that what keeps me hungry!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.

Just wanted to chime in here too myself. I too am 35 years old and am currently taking part in the P90X program along with some variations of Billy Blank and weight training. I have to say I remember saying to myself before I was 30 that I was going to be in the best shape of my life by then. Seeing that I missed that mark, I'm back on schedule before I hit 40, haha. I originally started on the Beachbody.com site then found Bodybuilding.com and recently found this site. It looks like you have a really great forum here with some great people! I look forward to communicating with some of you in the future.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Yeah, been there too. Thought I would be in the magazines one day but settled for being biggest in the family. HA HA. Jay Burd how is the new routine coming along?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.

It's going alright so far. I tend to switch it up a bit, so I probably couldn't give all the credit to the P90X program to this point. But things are going pretty good. I've managed to drop over 40 lbs of fat since the middle of October last year. I'm sorta a suppliment fanatic of sorts too. I'm always looking for some new thing to try out. Im going to try this sample I got from bodybuilding.com called "white flood" before I work out. But so far I'm pretty happy with my improvements. The toughest thing sometimes is staying focused.. Damn ADD!! hahaha!!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Welcome over Jayburd... Definitely take a look around. Some areas are much more visited than others but there's plenty of information as well as helpful members than would be more than happy to lend a hand in reaching your goals or just providing motivation.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.

Thanks Jayhawkk!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Welcome gents!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Welcome guys there are some good experienced people around here. I like this place cuz it's easier to learn in a non-hostile environment. People here will disagree but are pretty civil for the most part.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.

Hey All,,,figured I'd post here instead of making a new thread....Sorry for the ramble,,just need some advice,,,I'm 40,,5'10 185,,,in the past 8 months I've lost 40 lbs,,light exercise and walking,,,never really was in the gym,,,but for the last 3 months been w/o at home. I joined a local gym,,and take no supps,,,Now I have a younger friend of mine that is kinda trying to steer me towards a tren cycle which I know nothing about. As far a building block starter supp program should it be more of the protein, creatine multi vitamin way?? or should I research this tren issue further,,,it kinda scares me,,,thanks for the advice

Erik
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash40 View Post
    Hey All,,,figured I'd post here instead of making a new thread....Sorry for the ramble,,just need some advice,,,I'm 40,,5'10 185,,,in the past 8 months I've lost 40 lbs,,light exercise and walking,,,never really was in the gym,,,but for the last 3 months been w/o at home. I joined a local gym,,and take no supps,,,Now I have a younger friend of mine that is kinda trying to steer me towards a tren cycle which I know nothing about. As far a building block starter supp program should it be more of the protein, creatine multi vitamin way?? or should I research this tren issue further,,,it kinda scares me,,,thanks for the advice

Erik
    Wow in the gym 3 months and does not do supps and you have a person trying to tell you to do steroids. Yah I would steer clear of your friend. Research natural alternatives, get your diet ready give it some time before you start supps but in the meantime research...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Wow in the gym 3 months and does not do supps and you have a person trying to tell you to do steroids. Yah I would steer clear of your friend. Research natural alternatives, get your diet ready give it some time before you start supps but in the meantime research...
    I figured as much,,just like everything else in life,,,very good,,just needed to hear it I guess,,,ok,,,research continues for proper calorie intake,,food and stick with the lifting basics,,,thanks much
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Welcome!

NSCA - CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. HELP new to forum 1st cut
    By edwitt in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 11:07 AM
  2. Where did MR forum go??