45 and want to bulk

hothead

Awards
I have been out of the body building scene for many years and my once bulk body has slipped. i want to bulk up and maybe even tone. what do you recomend. legal or not

MDHawk

Awards
I would start off with something light - Novadex XT and obviously get the diet and training on target. From there you can't go wrong with Epistane.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would start off with something light - Novadex XT and obviously get the diet and training on target. From there you can't go wrong with Epistane.
I agree. I am 40, been training seriously for 6 yrs. I have always had difficulty gaining mass unless I eat, eat, eat, and then eat some more.

I started with a test booster after 2 yrs time after using creatine regularly. This yr I tried epi and had some great strength gains, size is still tough unless I get my cals. Take it slow so that your joints are OK and you build the skeletal muscle and stabilizers, then you can handle the big stuff.

:bb3:

Oh, 6'0 and 240, definitely wait on anything like epi. Get in the best shape you can and then try it. Get your diet in check and training set. Get the bodyfat down first.

hothead

Awards
thanks

thanks guys for the great advise. i placed my order today and lookforward in the training. will keep ya posted on the results.

charley

charley

Awards
I've always been told that you can't bulk up and cut at the same time-----also that between 30 and 60 years of age we lose half of our natural test and half of natural hgh----
also that using OTC's boost your test for only a few hours- and then it falls and you suffer a estrogen rebound because as your test levels rise -so do your estrogen levels-- I prefer to self medicate using some test- four months on-two months off-also hcg one day a week-arimadex when my nipples itch- and nolvadex when i come off----i am 59 years old and have been doing this cycle for the last ten years.....my sex drive is like when i was 30-35 years old-- i know the young guys laugh ---but the older dudes know what i'm talking about.

BignBad

Awards
Seems riskier than crap to me - just my two cents. Estrogen is nasty stuff to a middle aged male. I hope you guys are all monitoring it...

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
I'm 40 and just getting back to my regular workouts after a couple of injuries, then a bout of laziness over the holidays, and a recent bad cold turned sinus infection.

I have quite a few supplements in my stash, so far I've only been taking Neovar and Regenesen.

I might do epistane or H drol soon, I have both, just holding back.

Getting the calories is a bit difficult for me, I just can't eat a lot, but I get at least one weight gainer shake and/or protein shake most days, along with meals.
Since I burn calories rather quickly, when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I lost 12 lbs in one week, so I'm hoping after bulking the excess weight will fall off.

charley

charley

Awards
Seems riskier than crap to me - just my two cents. Estrogen is nasty stuff to a middle aged male. I hope you guys are all monitoring it...
.....most of it you can feel........and as far as risk.......life is a gamble...
don't hold your breath waiting for help trying to stay as healthy and strong as possible ........as you age you'll find out that doctor's won't help you...
they don't know anything ......they are only in it for the money....

charley

charley

Awards

by the way.....have you ever heard of Proviron?.....in this country you're
not going to hear your doctor talk about it ......its legal in 38 countries .. but not here....its all red tape......F.D.A....and doctors won't help you if they can't peddle it for a buck........:rippedhand:

stosh517

stosh517

Awards
Im 47 and my goals have shifted from bulking up to staying lean, hard and cut. doesn't seem like carrying around the extra bulk is necessarily a good thing as you get older. but i guess its a personal preference. have run furazadrol solo and it sliced and hardened me up nice. will probably run it with Prime next month...

anyway, OP, good luck...:thumbsup:

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
.....most of it you can feel........and as far as risk.......life is a gamble...
don't hold your breath waiting for help trying to stay as healthy and strong as possible ........as you age you'll find out that doctor's won't help you...
they don't know anything ......they are only in it for the money....
Sad but true!

4fitness

4fitness

Awards
Im 47 and my goals have shifted from bulking up to staying lean, hard and cut. doesn't seem like carrying around the extra bulk is necessarily a good thing as you get older. but i guess its a personal preference. have run furazadrol solo and it sliced and hardened me up nice. will probably run it with Prime next month...

anyway, OP, good luck...:thumbsup:
Same here im 46 and i still have males and females telling me that im 30 - 34.
love it and im proud to tell them im 46 ,

charley

charley

Awards
i don't worry about the males..........only the females......lol

4fitness

4fitness

Awards
i don't worry about the males..........only the females......lol
true , but i work construction and lots of old folks call me kid and i would tell them im the same age as you lol, females, yeh i always stuck with the young 34 ones. which is kinda cool

charley

charley

Awards
gettin old ain't so bad.....esp. when you consider the alternative......yuk..yuk...

wolfbynight

Awards
Hey Guys I'm relatively new to the forum, Anyway I workout regulary with split routine
with cardio every other day (30-40) mins., after lifting, I'm 6'2" 235, 46
Bench is 275x1
Sqaut 315 x2
deadlifts for me are not a option screwed my back all to hell, went down a flight of stairs
and got a little nerve damage but nothing I can't handle on a daily basis. But when I DL, I can hardly move the next day.
I would guess my BF% around 15%
Just want to put on a little upper body size and trim the waist, anygood sups recommended would be great. I've been looking at Hdrol any suggestions on this?
My diet is pretty good not to much junk I drink well over a gallon of water pretty regulary
I've been using meth-1D recently and it was ok just cycling off that right now.
Anyway you get the idea.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
If your gym has a HammerStrength Seated Triceps Pushdown you might want to try building up on that on your Arm days. I get great arm, upper back and upper chest results from it. Now you have to work up to going heavy but it does pay off. Likewise I highly recommend working up to 6 sets of pullups, you can start assisted if needs be. Target getting to 2 sets of wide grips, 2 of front grips and two of parallell grips. I aim for 13 reps per set and afterwards I not only feel pumped I can see my upper body growing every week. Oh yeah I'm pushing 68 and it still works for me. Good Luck.

markie59

Awards
I'm 49 and have been on trt for 3 years with a blast a time or 2 a year[500 test 300 deca]. Keep an eye on my blood pressure and blood work, so far no worries. I take sawpalmetto and an over the counter anti E. You only go around once and I'm going to feel good and look good while I'm here. I might get hit by a truck tomorrow. Good luck to all.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are plenty of good herbal supplements that work very well for older folks..

I have bulked (not intentionally) to around 250 at 5' 11" and am reasonably lean. I have to give props to Prime and some other herbals I have used. I see no need to use anything stronger.

mikinTx

Great thread! Was starting to feel like bulking at age 51 wasn't realistic. Just fired up my motivation all over again! Thanks bruthas.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great thread! Was starting to feel like bulking at age 51 wasn't realistic. Just fired up my motivation all over again! Thanks bruthas.
It's a brave new world, the rules have changed...