protein requirement for 70+

cantstop19

Awards
hey guys, i had a question about protein requirments for older men. My grandpa is going to be 71 in january and has overcome pancreas cancer from his early 60s and is now diabetic. He is doing some excercise with tubing right now and i was wondering how much protein he should be consuming a day considering his age and how active he is? I know they reccomend .8 to 1.5 grams per pound of body weight but i dont think he is as active as an athlete would be .
Again how much protein should a 71 year old male with diabetes and is moderately active be consuming he is weighing 200 pounds and is trying build/maintain lean muscle mass?

Thanks guys for any responses appreciate it!!

still alive

Banned
Awards
hey guys, i had a question about protein requirments for older men. My grandpa is going to be 71 in january and has overcome pancreas cancer from his early 60s and is now diabetic. He is doing some excercise with tubing right now and i was wondering how much protein he should be consuming a day considering his age and how active he is? I know they reccomend .8 to 1.5 grams per pound of body weight but i dont think he is as active as an athlete would be .
Again how much protein should a 71 year old male with diabetes and is moderately active be consuming he is weighing 200 pounds and is trying build/maintain lean muscle mass?

Thanks guys for any responses appreciate it!!
glad to hear he beat it.cause thats one type of cancer that most die from.the protein part is hard to say.i think its best left up to a doctor.