50 year old and H-drol....

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I would only be worried about his ability to recover afterwards! I think Dermacrine + Sustain Alpha [which probably will not give him 10lbs] would be a suitable solution! I personally liked Sustain a lot!

2. Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Hey Tex! How did your dad's H-dro or 1-T cycle go? I am 46 yrs old and about to order some H-drol. Was curious how his cycle went? Did he run 1 or 2 bottles? Did he try the the 1-T or not. I have heard mixed reviews on it re: cost VS results factor. Was considering the 1-T but switched back to H-drol idea since hearing mostly great things about it. I have run Epi and used Dermacrine and loved both. Supps seem to be a waste of $$$$ for me. Maybe i am a non responder. :
    whats up man! He is currently on week 5 I believe? He is running straight through 2 bottles I think. I am not sure of his weight, but he says he can't really feel it doing anything. Also, he is running straigh H-drol. I believe he has 2 more weeks left at 100mg/day so hopefully that should produce some decent results. Either myself or him will keep yall up to date with final results.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0
    •   

3. He can't feel it doing anything? After almost 2 bottles! WTF! That really sounds weird!

4. Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    He can't feel it doing anything? After almost 2 bottles! WTF! That really sounds weird!
    Yeah thats what I said. I think he is up 4 Lbs so it's working...but i think he was expecting it to feel like real AAS?

5. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    So here is the question... my dad is a 50 year old. about 5'9-5'10 trying to reach 190 like he was back when he was around my age. he has past AAS use and is looking for something to help him gain around ten pounds. I gave him igf-2 to take, but he has been reading about H-drol and is somewhat interested.

I told him I am willing to help him out with this, but im not sure which is best for his age. igf-2 or h-drol? I told him he needs Cycle assist and Post cycle support so he knows this. He also takes 50mg of DHEA a day. What would you all recommend?

if Hdrol, what dosage per week would be best for his age?

Thanks guys, tex
    You should not encourage your father to use any otc products or real gear for that matter. You're young and can still recover form these cycles. He could permanently disrupt his HPTA. I suggest that he try HRT under the care of a physician or nothing at all. Remember that cancer cells are more prevalent in older people. Imagine the damage IGF can do. It's not the same as converted IGF from GH. Do some research and you'll know what I'm talking about.

A good hormonal balance will keep your dad in shape and around long enough to see what becomes of your life. Years ago, I was in your shoes. Now I strive to maintain healthy testosterone and IGF levels. I do this under the care of a physician and with blood work. The results are well worth the cost. If money is an issue look into diet and supplementation, but be careful. DHEA unmonitored can spike estrogen levels - especially in men our age.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    You should not encourage your father to use any otc products or real gear for that matter. You're young and can still recover form these cycles. He could permanently disrupt his HPTA. I suggest that he try HRT under the care of a physician or nothing at all. Remember that cancer cells are more prevalent in older people. Imagine the damage IGF can do. It's not the same as converted IGF from GH. Do some research and you'll know what I'm talking about.

A good hormonal balance will keep your dad in shape and around long enough to see what becomes of your life. Years ago, I was in your shoes. Now I strive to maintain healthy testosterone and IGF levels. I do this under the care of a physician and with blood work. The results are well worth the cost. If money is an issue look into diet and supplementation, but be careful. DHEA unmonitored can spike estrogen levels - especially in men our age.
    He is doctor supervised and has regular blood tests done. I understand, Also I am not too familiar with HRT, but can he still get that done if his test levels come back normal for age? Thank you for the advice I will tell him to research HRT and bring it up to his doctor. Also just for anyone following this he has finally hit his goal of 190 Lbs!

7. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    He is doctor supervised and has regular blood tests done. I understand, Also I am not too familiar with HRT, but can he still get that done if his test levels come back normal for age? Thank you for the advice I will tell him to research HRT and bring it up to his doctor. Also just for anyone following this he has finally hit his goal of 190 Lbs!
    I don't see why not. Mine were higher than some in their 20s who post here. Doctors are starting to realize that lab range references don't work. At 40, levels start to decline and accelerate at 50. My total prior to HRT was 476 - well within the normal range, but I'm sure it was much higher when I was younger. My doctor was able to determine that LH was the problem, and prescribed HCG only. That means I have secondary hypogonadism, not primary. My testes function perfectly, but the hypothalmus does not secrete enough LH. It could be the result of steroid and pro-hormone experimentation. Now, on HCG I maintain levels around 1000.

Healthy testosterone levels are needed for longevity. It's important to keep them high enough, and estrogen low for good bone density and cardiac function. Testosterone levels in the average man have dropped over 30% since the 1980s. It's probably due to environmental factors like food and water supply.

If your dad wants to check this out I recommend he find a good urologist who is willing to work with him so he can use his insurance. Otherwise, a doctor like John Crisler would be good. He has a lot of experience and charges fair prices. I don't know if you're familiar with Swale's protocol, but if you aren't he is Swale.

8. Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    I don't see why not. Mine were higher than some in their 20s who post here. Doctors are starting to realize that lab range references don't work. At 40, levels start to decline and accelerate at 50. My total prior to HRT was 476 - well within the normal range, but I'm sure it was much higher when I was younger. My doctor was able to determine that LH was the problem, and prescribed HCG only. That means I have secondary hypogonadism, not primary. My testes function perfectly, but the hypothalmus does not secrete enough LH. It could be the result of steroid and pro-hormone experimentation. Now, on HCG I maintain levels around 1000.

Healthy testosterone levels are needed for longevity. It's important to keep them high enough, and estrogen low for good bone density and cardiac function. Testosterone levels in the average man have dropped over 30% since the 1980s. It's probably due to environmental factors like food and water supply.

If your dad wants to check this out I recommend he find a good urologist who is willing to work with him so he can use his insurance. Otherwise, a doctor like John Crisler would be good. He has a lot of experience and charges fair prices. I don't know if you're familiar with Swale's protocol, but if you aren't he is Swale.
    No I am not familiar with it. So how should he go about pursuing this exactly? And go to a urologist instead of a regular physician correct?
  9. Never enough

or an endocrinologist
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

10. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    No I am not familiar with it. So how should he go about pursuing this exactly? And go to a urologist instead of a regular physician correct?

Avoid endocrinologists! Most who have tried them will tell you the same. Your father's GP is fine if he will do it. Urologists are known to deal with male problems and prescribe the meds he will need.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 15 Year Old on H Drol!!!!
    By Lou villian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 07:04 PM
  2. H-DROL cycle critique - been researching for over 1 year
    By wolfpack9035 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 08:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 06:21 AM