50 year old and H-drol....

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
So here is the question... my dad is a 50 year old. about 5'9-5'10 trying to reach 190 like he was back when he was around my age. he has past AAS use and is looking for something to help him gain around ten pounds. I gave him igf-2 to take, but he has been reading about H-drol and is somewhat interested.

I told him I am willing to help him out with this, but im not sure which is best for his age. igf-2 or h-drol? I told him he needs Cycle assist and Post cycle support so he knows this. He also takes 50mg of DHEA a day. What would you all recommend?

if Hdrol, what dosage per week would be best for his age?

Thanks guys, tex

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say assuming his liver is ok and he'll abstain from drinking that it shouldnt be a significant issue. I dont think age makes a huge difference as far as dosing goes so probably i'd minimally expect 75mg for 6 weeks for a good solid cycle.

the IGF-2 is better for him of course, almost no odds of having sides and all, but halo tends to be mild

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So here is the question... my dad is a 50 year old. about 5'9-5'10 trying to reach 190 like he was back when he was around my age. he has past AAS use and is looking for something to help him gain around ten pounds. I gave him igf-2 to take, but he has been reading about H-drol and is somewhat interested.

I told him I am willing to help him out with this, but im not sure which is best for his age. igf-2 or h-drol? I told him he needs Cycle assist and Post cycle support so he knows this. He also takes 50mg of DHEA a day. What would you all recommend?

Thanks guys, tex
IMO HUUGGGEE diff between hdrol and IGF 2. Both have there advantages. I personaly love h drol at 100-150 but with your dad id say start at 50mgs and see how he feels/responds and adjust accordingly.

I think the real question is whether or not he wants to stay natty or use a designer.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got me thinking, it might be worthwhile depending on what sort of health insurance he has to see about getting testosterone levels checked and all, see if he qualifies for TRT. If he does, use that as cruise levels, and just pick up some extra to do a short cycle upfront.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
IMO HUUGGGEE diff between hdrol and IGF 2. Both have there advantages. I personaly love h drol at 100-150 but with your dad id say start at 50mgs and see how he feels/responds and adjust accordingly.

I think the real question is whether or not he wants to stay natty or use a designer.
I know there is a different. one is a prohormone, one is not. He is not all natural as i stated, he has past AAS use of one cycle Dbol and winni. So that is not of question. so yall would recommend 50/50/50/75/75 ? Along side cycle assist 8 caps daily and then Post cycle support starting 5th week so PCT is fairly simple. I was actually planning on advising him to run igf-2 along side PCS

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know there is a different. one is a prohormone, one is not. He is not all natural as i stated, he has past AAS use of one cycle Dbol and winni. So that is not of question. so yall would recommend 50/50/50/75/75 ? Along side cycle assist 8 caps daily and then Post cycle support starting 5th week so PCT is fairly simple. I was actually planning on advising him to run igf-2 along side PCS

I know you know the diff bro, i wasnt questioning that lol. Im just saying in general it depends if he wants to cycle or not. If he doesnt mind then id say the hdrol will definately produce much better results to get him back to the 190 mark where he wants to be.

Running IGF2 alongside the PCS would be a good idea for sure.

Also the dosages you have outlined sounds good as well. hdrol is mild really so id save the cycle assist until PCT unless he experiences blood pressure problems.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
alright sounds good. Haha i just showed him this thread now he is making a username. finally i dont have to ask for him haha. but is his DHEA at 50mg a day good to take still with this H-drol?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh for sure, he could even go up to 100-150. make sure he keeps saturated fat intake up too, particularly as a fun bit for an older guy have him stick relatively low fat for most meals but take a tablespoon of coconut oil sometime late eventing (like after 9pm)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like Easy said the DHEA would definately add some benefit and he could even increase it while on the Hdrol.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ok sounds good because he loves DHEA. he took some with novedex xt about a month ago and swelled up then he got off and was pissed because he said it felt like he was juiced

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm then maybe something else might be enough, something like diesel test hardcore. something that will give him the feel, whether or not it gains him a bunch of mass.

How much is he looking to gain?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ideally hit 200, but realistically he is looking to hit 190 so about 5-10 Lbs. He asked about M-drol but i pushed him away from that because i dont think its a good idea to start him on that after being away from aas for 20 years

50GoingStrong

50GoingStrong

Awards
Thanks for all the info, I'm a new member on AnabolicMinds and all the info has been really helpful, my son has gotten me back in the gym a year ago, feeling great and surprised how fast results started coming back. Any guy who thinks he's too old to build that body, think again.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all the info, I'm a new member on AnabolicMinds and all the info has been really helpful, my son has gotten me back in the gym a year ago, feeling great and surprised how fast results started coming back. Any guy who thinks he's too old to build that body, think again.

I agree! Never to old to get back in the gym!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ok now that he is a member he can ask whatever he needs haha.

still alive

Banned
Awards

Thanks guys, tex
DHEA should be dosed at 150-200mg. a day.and most give you the crappy part of the plant...as long as diet and training are in check..your dad should get good results...

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I know I sound like a broken record on this but you need to check out Epistane. It works, and has no noticable sides if done on a pulse system. You don't need a crash 5 week program after being out a while. Do an Epi cycle for 10 weeks and you will get all the size and strength gains without messing up the boys. Well, your libido may well increase but you'll have to live with it. Workout recovery ability wanes as we age, so think about doing a Creatine (I prefer CEE) - Beta-Alanine stack or at least running that when your cycle is over. Welcome back to the rest of your life. Viel Glueck!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Welcome aboard! Theres a place in your profile where you can put your age, it may help get a better response quotient, Personally I dont think Dhea should be taken for long periods of time because it can shut you down and it lessens the immune boosting effect. I also dont think you need more than 25 mgs daily of any oral androgen. Transdermals are a different situation you could try the new 1-T from PP along with their TRS There is a non-methyl called 19-Norandrosta that is mild yet result producing. I hope that helps.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I agree, its muscle memory and getting it back is great. Keeping it is worth the time and effort.

RobMusta

RobMusta

Awards
im excited to hear your progress with the h-drol cycle. you should keep us updated with any sides, progress/gains, from the cycle. my father is also looking to run something and he is 51. im going to have him refer to this, hes excited as well to hear from someone running this at this age. good luck!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
alright guys I'm not sure when my dad is starting on this. but Im going to tell him to update for you all. He was tired of reading the 'your 51 your old quit lifting crap' haha

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just think that there are a lot of natural supps that work very well for older guys. I got more out of Prime than I ever did out of Halodrol but I never used more the 50mg a day of Halodrol and I am a very postitive Prime responder.

Tex with your knowledge of natural supps I would think you could get something together that works for him. Halo may not be very harsh but it does shut you down and I am not so sure it is easy on the prostate. Saw palmetto to combat prostate problems ? I know it helps some but... I guess what I am saying is why risk it if you don't really have to.

That being said if I were to use something right now I think it would be Epistane as there are some older guys on here that swear but it. For me it's just not worth it though. I was natural till I was 45 then did some experimenting and now Natural again... natural is better. For me anyway...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I just think that there are a lot of natural supps that work very well for older guys. I got more out of Prime than I ever did out of Halodrol but I never used more the 50mg a day of Halodrol and I am a very postitive Prime responder.

Tex with your knowledge of natural supps I would think you could get something together that works for him. Halo may not be very harsh but it does shut you down and I am not so sure it is easy on the prostate. Saw palmetto to combat prostate problems ? I know it helps some but... I guess what I am saying is why risk it if you don't really have to.

That being said if I were to use something right now I think it would be Epistane as there are some older guys on here that swear but it. For me it's just not worth it though. I was natural till I was 45 then did some experimenting and now Natural again... natural is better. For me anyway...

Yeah I have some prime that he asked about using. but he read about Halo and was more interested in it.

DSMPOWERTSI

DSMPOWERTSI

Awards
I agree with Knowbull, maybe he should check out 1-T. You say that he loves DHEA and there is a large dose along with other anabolics that will aid in muscle growth. He can run a 6 weeker without having the stress on his liver, like he would with the H-Drol (even with support supps). I personally ran 50/50/75/75/75 on H-Drol and thought it was a waste of time.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Knowbull, maybe he should check out 1-T. You say that he loves DHEA and there is a large dose along with other anabolics that will aid in muscle growth. He can run a 6 weeker without having the stress on his liver, like he would with the H-Drol (even with support supps). I personally ran 50/50/75/75/75 on H-Drol and thought it was a waste of time.
Hmm well hopefully he hasnt started it yet...Im not sure because Im up at my apartment still. Is it ok to bridge the 1-t with H-drol?

DSMPOWERTSI

DSMPOWERTSI

Awards
Hmm well hopefully he hasnt started it yet...Im not sure because Im up at my apartment still. Is it ok to bridge the 1-t with H-drol?
If he has already started it and wanted to use the 1-T, it would probably be best to just stack them. Using H-Drol for 5 weeks than another 4-6 on 1-T probably would be too long of a cycle IMO.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Anything longer than 6 wks is not prudent.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
alright guys i talked to him earlier today. I didnt ask him about his weight. but he said his strength is pretty much the same. his arms are up 1/4 inch already but he said he thinks its muscle memory

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
alright guys i talked to him earlier today. I didnt ask him about his weight. but he said his strength is pretty much the same. his arms are up 1/4 inch already but he said he thinks its muscle memory

Hey Tex! How did your dad's H-dro or 1-T cycle go? I am 46 yrs old and about to order some H-drol. Was curious how his cycle went? Did he run 1 or 2 bottles? Did he try the the 1-T or not. I have heard mixed reviews on it re: cost VS results factor. Was considering the 1-T but switched back to H-drol idea since hearing mostly great things about it. I have run Epi and used Dermacrine and loved both. Supps seem to be a waste of $$$$ for me. Maybe i am a non responder. ::think:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would only be worried about his ability to recover afterwards! I think Dermacrine + Sustain Alpha [which probably will not give him 10lbs] would be a suitable solution! I personally liked Sustain a lot!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hey Tex! How did your dad's H-dro or 1-T cycle go? I am 46 yrs old and about to order some H-drol. Was curious how his cycle went? Did he run 1 or 2 bottles? Did he try the the 1-T or not. I have heard mixed reviews on it re: cost VS results factor. Was considering the 1-T but switched back to H-drol idea since hearing mostly great things about it. I have run Epi and used Dermacrine and loved both. Supps seem to be a waste of $$$$ for me. Maybe i am a non responder. ::think:
whats up man! He is currently on week 5 I believe? He is running straight through 2 bottles I think. I am not sure of his weight, but he says he can't really feel it doing anything. Also, he is running straigh H-drol. I believe he has 2 more weeks left at 100mg/day so hopefully that should produce some decent results. Either myself or him will keep yall up to date with final results.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
He can't feel it doing anything? After almost 2 bottles! WTF! That really sounds weird!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
He can't feel it doing anything? After almost 2 bottles! WTF! That really sounds weird!
Yeah thats what I said. I think he is up 4 Lbs so it's working...but i think he was expecting it to feel like real AAS?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established

Thanks guys, tex
You should not encourage your father to use any otc products or real gear for that matter. You're young and can still recover form these cycles. He could permanently disrupt his HPTA. I suggest that he try HRT under the care of a physician or nothing at all. Remember that cancer cells are more prevalent in older people. Imagine the damage IGF can do. It's not the same as converted IGF from GH. Do some research and you'll know what I'm talking about.

A good hormonal balance will keep your dad in shape and around long enough to see what becomes of your life. Years ago, I was in your shoes. Now I strive to maintain healthy testosterone and IGF levels. I do this under the care of a physician and with blood work. The results are well worth the cost. If money is an issue look into diet and supplementation, but be careful. DHEA unmonitored can spike estrogen levels - especially in men our age.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
You should not encourage your father to use any otc products or real gear for that matter. You're young and can still recover form these cycles. He could permanently disrupt his HPTA. I suggest that he try HRT under the care of a physician or nothing at all. Remember that cancer cells are more prevalent in older people. Imagine the damage IGF can do. It's not the same as converted IGF from GH. Do some research and you'll know what I'm talking about.

A good hormonal balance will keep your dad in shape and around long enough to see what becomes of your life. Years ago, I was in your shoes. Now I strive to maintain healthy testosterone and IGF levels. I do this under the care of a physician and with blood work. The results are well worth the cost. If money is an issue look into diet and supplementation, but be careful. DHEA unmonitored can spike estrogen levels - especially in men our age.
He is doctor supervised and has regular blood tests done. I understand, Also I am not too familiar with HRT, but can he still get that done if his test levels come back normal for age? Thank you for the advice I will tell him to research HRT and bring it up to his doctor. Also just for anyone following this he has finally hit his goal of 190 Lbs!

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
He is doctor supervised and has regular blood tests done. I understand, Also I am not too familiar with HRT, but can he still get that done if his test levels come back normal for age? Thank you for the advice I will tell him to research HRT and bring it up to his doctor. Also just for anyone following this he has finally hit his goal of 190 Lbs!
I don't see why not. Mine were higher than some in their 20s who post here. Doctors are starting to realize that lab range references don't work. At 40, levels start to decline and accelerate at 50. My total prior to HRT was 476 - well within the normal range, but I'm sure it was much higher when I was younger. My doctor was able to determine that LH was the problem, and prescribed HCG only. That means I have secondary hypogonadism, not primary. My testes function perfectly, but the hypothalmus does not secrete enough LH. It could be the result of steroid and pro-hormone experimentation. Now, on HCG I maintain levels around 1000.

Healthy testosterone levels are needed for longevity. It's important to keep them high enough, and estrogen low for good bone density and cardiac function. Testosterone levels in the average man have dropped over 30% since the 1980s. It's probably due to environmental factors like food and water supply.

If your dad wants to check this out I recommend he find a good urologist who is willing to work with him so he can use his insurance. Otherwise, a doctor like John Crisler would be good. He has a lot of experience and charges fair prices. I don't know if you're familiar with Swale's protocol, but if you aren't he is Swale.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why not. Mine were higher than some in their 20s who post here. Doctors are starting to realize that lab range references don't work. At 40, levels start to decline and accelerate at 50. My total prior to HRT was 476 - well within the normal range, but I'm sure it was much higher when I was younger. My doctor was able to determine that LH was the problem, and prescribed HCG only. That means I have secondary hypogonadism, not primary. My testes function perfectly, but the hypothalmus does not secrete enough LH. It could be the result of steroid and pro-hormone experimentation. Now, on HCG I maintain levels around 1000.

Healthy testosterone levels are needed for longevity. It's important to keep them high enough, and estrogen low for good bone density and cardiac function. Testosterone levels in the average man have dropped over 30% since the 1980s. It's probably due to environmental factors like food and water supply.

If your dad wants to check this out I recommend he find a good urologist who is willing to work with him so he can use his insurance. Otherwise, a doctor like John Crisler would be good. He has a lot of experience and charges fair prices. I don't know if you're familiar with Swale's protocol, but if you aren't he is Swale.
No I am not familiar with it. So how should he go about pursuing this exactly? And go to a urologist instead of a regular physician correct?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
No I am not familiar with it. So how should he go about pursuing this exactly? And go to a urologist instead of a regular physician correct?

Avoid endocrinologists! Most who have tried them will tell you the same. Your father's GP is fine if he will do it. Urologists are known to deal with male problems and prescribe the meds he will need.