Supps for Heart Heath

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Posted this in the SUPP forum but thought it'd be worth posting here to.

I'm looking at ALCAR and AAKG as i'm in my 40's now with a family history of heart disease.

I'm currently using
-CoQ10 (Ubiniquol),
-ZMA,
-Fish Oil,
-Beta-Alanine
-Vit.C

and was looking at adding some ALCAR and AAKG.

I know people have mixed opinions of these as bb supps but specifically on issues relating to heart health L-Carnitine and Arginine appear regularly.

I was thinking of a ALCAR, AAKG and Beta-Alanine pre-workout coctail.

Any other tips for heart health would be appreciated.

Jag

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
The Ubiquinol and Omega 3s are a good start. Most advice I've seen suggests getting between 1.5 and 2 gms of the Omega 3's, which of course means a lot more in Fish Oil depending on your choice of supplier. At that quantity my wife has ended her 5 year bout with Atrial Fib and my best bud is making similar progress. Both of their heart docs agreed with the dosage approach.

I already use both the ALCAR and the AAKG but in specific stacks. The ALCAR with Green Tea Extract and RALA is great for my heart and I feel I have more energy from it as well. The AAKG I stack and take an hour before lifting with my Beta Alanine and CEE. I use them not for heart but for pump, strength and recovery. The latter two I use also for nervous system and eye health but not specifically heart health.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=109302

The one that you are missing IMO is Vitamin D3. It is one of my 5 absolute must haves for health and longevity along with the Ubiquinol, Green Tea, Omega 3s and Lutein/Astazanthin. Try the link below for a good summary. I believe in taking 5000 IUs ED and find the best price/quality is from Vitacost where I only need just 1 tiny, BB sized gel cap. Good Luck

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Dutchman, i got the tip from you previously and bought the Ubiniquol, which is now a staple, and Astaxanthin which i had to drop because of price. PP have great prices but i have a family to support and........well, you know!!!

I really like Beta-Alanine and currently stacking with Citrulline Malate. Great pumps and dramatic increase in vascularity.

Almost out of Citrulline and was going to change to AAKG/B.A./ALCAR.

How do you find the AAKG as a vasodilator?

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Dutchman, i got the tip from you previously and bought the Ubiniquol, which is now a staple, and Astaxanthin which i had to drop because of price. PP have great prices but i have a family to support and........well, you know!!!

I really like Beta-Alanine and currently stacking with Citrulline Malate. Great pumps and dramatic increase in vascularity.

Almost out of Citrulline and was going to change to AAKG/B.A./ALCAR.

How do you find the AAKG as a vasodilator?
Depends on your objective but again I prefer the CEE with the BA and the AAKG. THe pumps are tremendous and so are the recovery and strength increase. The ALCAR is less for my lifting although it seems to help my energy. I like it for basic health reasons.