51 y/o in seek of energy

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.
    Answers

51 y/o in seek of energy

I have a co-worker that's 51 & looking to get something for a little extra energy in his days. He used to work out, but now I think lives a fairly sedentary lifestyle. I've told him that a little cardio/light weights along with a cleaner diet would help boost his natural energy a little already.

We work 4 on & 4 off, 2 days, 2 nights & then 4 days off.

I once gave him a caffeine pill (200mg) & he said it was too much for him. Do you think Leviathan would be too much for him too? Any other pills/powders that could get him feeling better throughout his days w/out the extreme jolts of energy?

Thanks-

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

I think Levi would be good. I don't get a super kick from it but I'm stim dead. But you might have him try a single cap.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Cut the caffeine pill by half (pill cutter).
    Maybe green tea, or green tea caps may help.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

dermacrine...
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    dermacrine...
    hmm, never considered that one. I was also thinking Reversitol from i Force..

The green tea is a good idea too. The Lev in my opinion too, is always a good choice. I got decent energy from it too.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MgoBlue View Post
    I once gave him a caffeine pill (200mg) & he said it was too much for him.
    Does he drink coffee? Because 200mgs is like 2 cups of average joe, unusual he would be so sensitive.

Lifestyle change is the #1 thing that increases energy levels. if your stuck in a rut, with no end in sight or goals its real easy to become depressed. tell him to get a bike and on the weekend bike to his favorite coffee shop, blockbuster, smoothie place, anywhere. And/or during the week you go out for a movie/dinner. Anything to break up the routine.

what jobs do your guys have?
  7. Registered User
    Answers

hmm, never considered that one. I was also thinking Reversitol from i Force..

The green tea is a good idea too. The Lev in my opinion too, is always a good choice. I got decent energy from it too.
    reversitol is a good one too. you might try dermacrine first then run the reversitol. i havent tried the reversitol yet, but the guys i trust have good things to say about it. dermacrine is even better for us older guys.
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Does he drink coffee? Because 200mgs is like 2 cups of average joe, unusual he would be so sensitive.

Lifestyle change is the #1 thing that increases energy levels. if your stuck in a rut, with no end in sight or goals its real easy to become depressed. tell him to get a bike and on the weekend bike to his favorite coffee shop, blockbuster, smoothie place, anywhere. And/or during the week you go out for a movie/dinner. Anything to break up the routine.

what jobs do your guys have?
    well, he lives out in the country - and I mean country!! We both work for Georgia Pacific.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

The Green Tea is a great idea. I have used 3 -4 gms ED for years and it really helps. I stack mine with ALCAR and ALA. I also find my ability to recover helps my workout and that is a result of my stacking CEE/L-Argining/Beta-Alanine. These are safe, all-natural supps that help.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

well, he lives out in the country - and I mean country!! We both work for Georgia Pacific.
    Its never too late to pick up a musical instrument, its every theraputic, and really not that hard. I play guitar, bass guitar, piano, harmonica, digeridoo, bouzouki, and I love them all.
  11. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Ginseng. Seriously.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I would ask how active is he at home. Sometimes yua just gotta get up and move. Have a red bull (sugar free of course)
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    The Green Tea is a great idea. I have used 3 -4 gms ED for years and it really helps. I stack mine with ALCAR and ALA. I also find my ability to recover helps my workout and that is a result of my stacking CEE/L-Argining/Beta-Alanine. These are safe, all-natural supps that help.
    hey dutchman, check out dermacrine. this is my second go round with it, i highly recommend it.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.
    Answers

I'm 36, getting ready to hit 37. I may give the Dermacrine a shot myself!
  15. Registered User
    Answers

I'm 36, getting ready to hit 37. I may give the Dermacrine a shot myself!
    imo, it will benefit you. around 35 i felt a decline in endurance and recovery, you are right in that range.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

As someone who is prone to hi blood pressure, I'm very careful when it comes to stims. The first thing I would say is keep it moving as energy comes from mental and physical stimulation. I recently tried USP labs Prime and had pretty good results from it specifically as it relates to energy. At 56 my energy levels are actually pretty good.

Starting with the light workouts and better diet is the right way to go. After periods of layoff I would always start with what I called the "Do Something Routine" in which every day I would do something if it was only a set of pushups to get my mind back into the swing of things. Once that happens, your body will follow. Good luck

:bruce3:
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.
    Answers

just wanted to give a quick thanks to all that added something to this thread. That's why I come to AM for all of my supp/health questions & concerns. The way everybody on here learns & teaches is awesome! I came here for info for a friend, & got more than I expected. I got info for myself too!

I'll be back to work on Tuesday & giving all of this info to my co-worker.

Thanks again!

Daniel
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Injectable B12 as an alternative to Stims?
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Get up and move,I'm 43 and still haven't reached the top of my game.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Dermacrine is definitely the Best! I am 46, and Dermacrine give me the energy and libido of a teenager again. Not to mention gets me leaner and fuller with the Testosterone boost! REally noticeable results and I am big on results!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Answers

i'm turning 60 this year and feel that a drop in both test and hgh levels will play with your head, life seems f.cked up when you have a crashing sex drive, esp when you used to be a tiger, or at lest horny.
    Get some more test in your body, just learn how to use it as safe as possible, where there's a will there's a way,if you can't get it together on your own , see a doctor, and don't take no for an answer, if he won't help,find another.. Most doctors don't know JACK,,,,, i prefer oils over creams.. injection over rub on............
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Answers

My brother is in his 50's and overweight. I made him go to the doctor to get cleared before I let him workout with me.
    His doctor cleared him and also put him on b-12 shots for energy, he said they definitely worked.
  23. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Answers

I have a co-worker that's 51 & looking to get something for a little extra energy in his days. He used to work out, but now I think lives a fairly sedentary lifestyle. I've told him that a little cardio/light weights along with a cleaner diet would help boost his natural energy a little already.

We work 4 on & 4 off, 2 days, 2 nights & then 4 days off.

I once gave him a caffeine pill (200mg) & he said it was too much for him. Do you think Leviathan would be too much for him too? Any other pills/powders that could get him feeling better throughout his days w/out the extreme jolts of energy?

Thanks-
    I don't think Leviathan would be a good idea for two reasons: If he has trouble with caffeine he won't do well with Yohimbe; heart attack alley starts around 47, and the danger is pronounced until 62. Although younger guys do well with cycling tribulus, older men like me tend to experience E2 feedback after week six. I would suggest a lower dose of caffeine, or even a cup of coffee combined with beta alanine and salbutiamine. That will give him energy, focus and endurance, along with other health benefits. He can also cycle an arginine/creatine formula. Another thing to consider is a daily regimen of acetyl L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C. This combo will help fight free radicals and recondition his mitochondrial DNA.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  248 lbs.
    Answers

Talking Tell friend to experiment with DHEA

Your friend should start taking 50mg-75mg of DHEA a day and start drinking grean tea. It really helps me out. I'm 41 and feel like I'm 25 again.:dl:
  25. Registered User
    Answers

These things sapped my energy without my relising it:

- caffine (so that's all coffee and tea)
    - sugar (so chocolate is a triple whammy)
    - lactose (took me at least 5 years to figure out what this flem is I was hacking up)

These things have helped:
    - oats. In the morning especially.
    - Lactofree milk. Because milk makes Protein shakes much more convienient, and fibre from Cereal.

I would strenuously add that avoiding those first 3 things is extremely hard.
    Often there is sugar or chocolate in things you wouldn't relise, such as baked beans.

It took me ages to get the disapline to kick the habit of these things because iot takes a long time of watching to see the link and to then emotionally identify the link, which gives the motivation to act.

I recommend focussing on cutting out caffine first. I was amazed at what a bad effect it has on me. And I had no idea. And don't forget caffine is chocolate.
    If you don't cut it out as just an experiement for a month you'll never know.

Hope this helps.

By the way, I'm 28 and just cruising the older board section
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Co-Q-10 (ubiquinol version), plus ALCAR and ALA would do wonders for mito energy optimization.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Novedex XT (2-3 pills per day)
  28. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Answers

As far as stims are concerned Swagger is the best. Good clean energy and great focus as well. If you want to stay away from stims try GLPC. The energy boost is not as dramatic as Swagger but works well over the course of about 2-3 days.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    As far as stims are concerned Swagger is the best. Good clean energy and great focus as well. If you want to stay away from stims try GLPC. The energy boost is not as dramatic as Swagger but works well over the course of about 2-3 days.
    BBB,

I just looked into Swagger's ingredient profile, and it looks interesting. I don't like heavy stims, but this might be good at a reduced dose of 1 or 2 caps for me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Matrix Energy - Mood Enhancing Energy Capsules
    By fatburner2007 in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 181
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 10:43 PM
  2. Time to seek out an endocrinologist?
    By brwnsuga in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 05:42 PM
  3. DCP and tta and my stack - seek pro. advice
    By freakabe in forum Supplements