35+

MPSonny

MPSonny

Awards
WOW! 35+ gets it own section like we are old or something? I mean I can see 40+ getting there own section, I mean that's old.:p

Just joined, looking forward to sharing some aches and pains with everyone. Really having as much fun, if not more, training now as I ever have. Hope the same is true for some of you.

brahmabull

Awards
Well, I'm 37 years old and I feel really old. And training does get harder but, more satisfying when you do make gains. I've training since I was 19 years old (wow) and have never once ever thought about giving up the iron game.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
41 yr old here, still going strong. Joints do pop though from all that heavy working out back in the day.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Training for me still hasn't gotten that much harder at 50. I can take a lot more pain than I used to and I am smarter so I train more efficiently. True I can't or just don't train like as much of a maniac but finding a lot of that was unnecessary anyway.

Up untill I was 45 I was full speed ahead and trained furiously damn when I was 37-8 I was certifiable and rarely was there anybody in the gym who could do what I could. When I decided to not train to failure and shorten my workouts my results just got better.

Yah age is what you make of it...

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
hey sonny. just yesterday, i watched a vid of you pulling some serious dl weight!

i just joined the old folks forum this yr. looking forward to being old w/you guys!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have two weeks of my "mid-thirties" left and I am digging in my freaking heels.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
those those 4" spiked heels you wear do dig in. :rofl:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
nooo... 2 years and change to go. then i can talk about all the hardships i had as a kid.

walking uphill to school, both ways, through the snow. these huge birds that used to swoop down and take kids back to their evil layer. tera... teradac.... man, i can't remember now....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

mikinTx

Ah youth! at 50 I'm still gettin' better... tomorrow: workout, friday: AC/DC concert! DreamWeaver's right on.. age is what you make it.

still alive

Banned
Awards
WOW! 35+ gets it own section like we are old or something? I mean I can see 40+ getting there own section, I mean that's old.:p

Just joined, looking forward to sharing some aches and pains with everyone. Really having as much fun, if not more, training now as I ever have. Hope the same is true for some of you.
age is just a number.i gained an inch on my arms in just a month at 37 without the use of PH'S/AAS...about 19 and a half inches now and only did one PH cycle in the past(liquid masterdrol by LG)...you get out of the gym what you put in it.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
age is just a number.i gained an inch on my arms in just a month at 37 without the use of PH'S/AAS...about 19 and a half inches now and only did one PH cycle in the past(liquid masterdrol by LG)...you get out of the gym what you put in it.
was it the SNS stack you skiped out on ?

brahmabull

Awards
Y'know guys, athough I've invested years of my to bodybuilding whether it be a competitor or just someone who loves and respects the sport through training and nutrition, it still amazes me how much new info. is out there.

Right now, I'm excited about these methyl ph/ps that are on the market. I know about the June 2008 ban but, with this new administration coming up in Jan., it may be awhile before we see another official ban.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Y'know guys, athough I've invested years of my to bodybuilding whether it be a competitor or just someone who loves and respects the sport through training and nutrition, it still amazes me how much new info. is out there.

Right now, I'm excited about these methyl ph/ps that are on the market. I know about the June 2008 ban but, with this new administration coming up in Jan., it may be awhile before we see another official ban.
You should look into some of the herbals, they have come a long way too.

Hellsgate

Awards
Hey all,, need some help w this one. First and foremost, I have never partaken in any type of aas, so I am somewhat behind the curve on the lingo and do and donts. Nevertheless, heres my story, a year ago I broke myself pretty bad. And i still have not recovered fully. Due to the lack of exercise that I was able to do, because of my injury, I have put on weight eventhough I ate1800-2000 cal a day. And now, I am suffering from the added mass.. mostly I would have to say it is 60% fat more than muscle. i have been reading alot of forums and this is what I have comeup with.. Deca for recovery and well being @ a minimum 400mg p/wk (inject). And, Clen to cut with 20mcg>120mcg p/day. This to be one cycle for two weeks only. Does this sound correct so far?
And I would be very interested for any input if I am just going about this the wrong way?

wk1
Deca 400mg
Clen 20mcg p/day (now the headaches have stopped)

wk2
Deca 400mg
Clen 80mcg p/day

Thanks in advance!

Oh, Im 37 in a month and a half!

Last edited:

Hellsgate

Awards
Well, a friend has ordered your pct stack, so im gonna see how he likes it first. Tnks

brahmabull

Awards
The one thing that really sucks about getting old as a lifter/ex-athlete is that the joints don't recover like they used to.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Use that age and experience to stay up withy the products at NP. I lift heavy and yet have soothed my joints and repaired two RC injuries with USPLabs Super Cissus RX. My wife and many friends have all had similar positive results. Check it out let your joints feel much, much younger.

brahmabull

Awards
My gym sells that stuff. I'm gonna buy some. And for you young guys, your time will come when your joints will be hurting. Age has no mercy on anyone.

bubble boy

Awards
Dreamweaver you mentioned herbals. I'm 44 and looking to gain some lean muscle and lose some waist fat....any suggestions on what is best? I'm still hitting it as hard as I can pushing heavy weights, cardio is limited but I'm working on increasing it

I was leaning toward methyl lmasterdrol V2 but I want to be safe too
Any help would be appreciated

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dreamweaver you mentioned herbals. I'm 44 and looking to gain some lean muscle and lose some waist fat....any suggestions on what is best? I'm still hitting it as hard as I can pushing heavy weights, cardio is limited but I'm working on increasing it

I was leaning toward methyl lmasterdrol V2 but I want to be safe too
Any help would be appreciated
Prime is a very good product for most... I definitely do very well on it. I also did very well with the TNT stack at Nutraplanet... I stacked it with Neovar.

USP has a great line of natural products, Applied nutricals is also good along with a few other companies, just do some research.. this should get you started.

cmc

cmc

Awards
I agree....ages 35 plus should get the "old man's" discount.

brahmabull

Awards
I agree. We'll be able to buy more supplements and keep up with the little boys. By the way, has any of the old-timers tried USP Lab s Powerfull?

stosh517

stosh517

Awards
I agree. We'll be able to buy more supplements and keep up with the little boys. By the way, has any of the old-timers tried USP Lab s Powerfull?
hey i got news for you thirty somethings -- you're not old. im 47. I'M old :)...appreciating lifting now more than ever...the only adaptation i've made is training 3-4 days a week as opposed to 5-6 back in the day...but the extra days of recovery actually keep me strong...also thinking my ph/ps days might be behind me...though i did run furaz solo last spring and cut up nicely, no sides...so who knows...
re powerFULL...currently running 1.5g bulk 1-C pre-bed...great sleep/recovery...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey i got news for you thirty somethings -- you're not old. im 47. I'M old :)...appreciating lifting now more than ever...the only adaptation i've made is training 3-4 days a week as opposed to 5-6 back in the day...but the extra days of recovery actually keep me strong...also thinking my ph/ps days might be behind me...though i did run furaz solo last spring and cut up nicely, no sides...so who knows...
re powerFULL...currently running 1.5g bulk 1-C pre-bed...great sleep/recovery...
Your Old!! :lmao: I'm 50 and I'm not old yet...no I'm not in denile that's a river in Egypt...

Yah adjustments have to be made but we train smarter and I can take more pain than I ever could...not that I have a choice :31:

stosh517

stosh517

Awards
Your Old!! :lmao: I'm 50 and I'm not old yet...no I'm not in denile that's a river in Egypt...

Yah adjustments have to be made but we train smarter and I can take more pain than I ever could...not that I have a choice :31:
I hear ya re the pain...thank god for cissus!!!