Progress at 49

1. Progress at 49

Hey guys;

I am addressing this to those of you 45+ who are in great shape - and i've seen there are alot of you out there!

I've been lifting for 7+ years and got serious 2 years ago. I revamped my diet totally cut out sugar, bad fat, alcohol, junk ingeneral. I've gone from 27% bf to 15% and am alot stronger - Big question at 6-2, 185 - I want to pack on some muscle and then cut to 10% next year. i have a big frame so can handle 215-225 if it's lean.

I've trained on the conservative side - high reps for 6 sets for a long time. Should I switch to 5 x 5 training?

BTW tested the test and it's on the low end of normal for my age (and that was good news?) so my doc says no to HRT./

Thanks in advance bros!

BTW _ I know - alot of people think I look like arnold... ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. i just turned 40 and you look great for 49. gaining mass is hard for most at any age and gaining mass over 40 naturally is tough. i push as hard and heavy as i can ... sometimes i have to take a day off or 2 because of recovery and joints sore. but 5x5 and other lifting programs similar are my choice. i don't go to failure or forced reps often.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by luggnut View Post
    i just turned 40 and you look great for 49. gaining mass is hard for most at any age and gaining mass over 40 naturally is tough. i push as hard and heavy as i can ... sometimes i have to take a day off or 2 because of recovery and joints sore. but 5x5 and other lifting programs similar are my choice. i don't go to failure or forced reps often.

Thanks buddy - how long have u been lifting? how long in the 5x5 mode. i think I'm going to give that a try. Did u get size gains as well as strength?

Thanks dude.

4. Search for posts by a guy named DreamWeaver. He's been at this a long time and has great training info. I'm thinkin he's gonna tell you to do less sets with higher intensity to gain muscle mass.

JMHO: anabolic compounds are tailor made for older lifters with low test levels. Go read some of the Dutchman's posts on using Epistane and Formestane.

Welcome friend!

5. If you find a good answer to your question, I want to know.

I have a very hard time gaining muscle, If I ramp up my calories I can pack on some weight, but most of it isn't lean.

So I'm always trying to find ways to improve.

6. Hey Guys thot i'd post some progress pics -I'm almost 2 months into a 3 month cycle of Test C

here's where i'm at. What do you think I should work on in the mext month? I wanna finish with a Bang!

BTW - starting wt 188
    now -212
    goal 225

cut to 210 in spring

6'2"
    Fourty ****in nine!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

7. Have you tried Dermacrine to boost your Testosterone/energy/strength? Luv the stuff, plus a couple of pulse cycles of epistane per year works wonders.

8. Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Have you tried Dermacrine to boost your Testosterone/energy/strength? Luv the stuff, plus a couple of pulse cycles of epistane per year works wonders.
    Sounds good - I haven't tried it. What is your experience regarding the basic difference between the 2 in terms of muscle, lean vs bulk, etc.

Thanks man!

9. Keep it up!

10. making some good progress bro, keep up the good work!

11. Thanks dudes; makin some progress - still bulking and feeling strong as hell - trying my best not to do anything stupid and injur myself. Will post pics again in a few weeks!

Up to 213lbs now. Going for a hydro dunk BF test on the 18th.
    gulp
    later!

12. Hey, if your looking for a new routine, check out this site!

intensemuscle.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by v1hyp View Post
    Hey, if your looking for a new routine, check out this site!

intensemuscle.com
    hey V1;

Thanks for the info. i have checked that out and it looks great - i'm not going to try it now but will def in the near future. Have you done the DC training? did u have good results w/ it? how long did it take you to shock your body w/ the new routine/ BW what is your age? did u do it w/ gear?

thanks Buddy!

14. Hey,

I'm on my 2nd blast and loving every minuet of it. I started a workout/vid log on it. I have a full one in IM but I'm starting this one from the 7th.

V1hyp Dc & Vid Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by leanbody View Post
    hey V1;

Thanks for the info. i have checked that out and it looks great - i'm not going to try it now but will def in the near future. Have you done the DC training? did u have good results w/ it? how long did it take you to shock your body w/ the new routine/ BW what is your age? did u do it w/ gear?

thanks Buddy!

15. 49 Rocks!
    I think every workout method I have used has worked. I think the key is to shock the muscles by changing routines once they have adapted. I recently tried the nickel and dime workout and I really enjoyed it. Sore as heck after the dime portions, though. I have no idea what test-c is, but it looks like you're making good progress.

16. True, I think the main thing is to just amke sure your getting in there and hitting it!

Similar Forum Threads

1. My progress
    By vector18 in forum Pics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 08:25 PM
  2. My progress
    By Guido in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 01:28 PM
  3. just a progress pic
    By sugashane in forum Pics
    Replies: 7