Primordial Performance raided by FDA

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Once again, you completly miss the point. There is no freedom of speech in advertising; there are rules and regulations that apply and codes of conduct that must be adhered to. Im not arguing against freedom; but you obviously do not understand how the government works. Perhaps you should read further down into article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which goes into what the rights of freedom of speech mean and what the limitations are, in this next exert, the word "rights" refers to the right to freedom of speech, and I quote: "exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "[f]or respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "[f]or the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals"

Anywho, like I said, im not interested in debate and if you don't wish to follow the "laws of the land" then don't, and see where that gets you.
Sadly you are correct (sadly because there are tremendous limitations to freedom of speech that most do not understand).

Companies (and businesses in general) need to be very careful with the language they use in advertisements. I do not know the specifics obviously on the case involving PP, however, when it comes to supplement companies that might advertise in a manner that can draw attention due to overarching claims (many do this) then all bets are off.

Additionally, for the sanctity of the conversation, lets not bring up our "founding fathers", as they were just as flawed as the government officials we have in office today and just as corrupt. The fact that Jefferson was used makes my blood boil. Sorry, rant over