Bulking Training Log

K1N6

Awards
Whats up guys! Here to log my training progress and weight gain on this bulk.

Starting morning weight was 217.0
Current morning weight is 222.4
Height is 5’10
*Been lifting for 15+ years but only training for about 5

Bench: 455
Squat: 600
Deadlift: 700

Goal: gain some incredible mass and hopefully get strong by doing so.

I havent trained specifically for size in about 4 years, so even though ive grown, i know for a fact ive stunted what couldve been years of progress. I am very into increasing my lifts in the gym and so hopefully ill be able to do that by testing myself 1x per week or maybe 1x every 2 weeks on certain lifts my goal is to put in a good amount of work but not overtrain which seems to easily happen once i push all of my main lifts hard. So ill have to keep the maxing (not just singles but 1-12 rep PRs) sparce, unfortunately.
To speak about my diet, its fairly consistent but ive had to just eat more of the same. I currently eat as much as i possibly can eat everyday so i guess you can call it a dirty bulk. So far ive gotten harder, rounder and fuller but with the exception of my face looking like dog s*** due to bloating from supplements.
Ill be very consistent on the posting and check regularly so if you have any questions, ask away, or follow this bulking cycle.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What supplements? What kind of program?

K1N6

Awards
Test, deca, drol.
I have been doing my own programming since the start. I figured if i can master it, i wont ever need a coach. So ive done my fair share of reading as well as real life testing on multiple people and obviously myself, with great success.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Test, deca, drol.
I have been doing my own programming since the start. I figured if i can master it, i wont ever need a coach. So ive done my fair share of reading as well as real life testing on multiple people and obviously myself, with great success.
Drol.. super or Ana?

Coaches don’t necessarily just outfit the training regimen, they also tend to assist with supplementation. But I get you.

A real bulk is a dirty bulk. There’s just no way around it, try as you like, but it’s just HOW sloppy it gets that you might try to control (still avoiding actual junk foods that serve no purpose to build muscle, ice cream, cake, and pop tarts etc.) unless you’re also taking insulin or something like that, IGF maybe. You know what I mean I’m sure.

Anyway I’m stamping this with my seal of approval and subscribing for THE GAINZ

K1N6

Awards
Haha thanks man! I’m using anadrol now, its legit this time thank god (in my old log i spoke about getting bunk anadrol 2x) already have back pumps which i supp with taurine and its keeping it at bay. The way i see it with coaching is that if you seriously pay attention to your body, noone knows you like yourself. Coaching is a waste once you get to a certain level and know what you respond too. If your a novice, i get that, it can take you less time to get to your end goal and they can equip you with some pretty powerful knowledge. This is all under the assumptiom that your coach is great (if so your going to f****ing pay for it big time) and most coaches dont equip you to spread your wings to fly on your own some day (which SHOULD be a coaches goal).
/rant
About supps, i probly could use help on that, after i start getting into the groove with training in a few weeks and get over the adjustment period where i feel like crap (since i havent done volume in forever). I also wouldnt be opposed to using gH in short bursts to boost recovery and retain less body fat. Ive gotten a few quotes and its extremely expensive (ik surprise, surprise) and ive also looked into peptides Lr3 and i forgot the other one and theyre pretty cheap but ive seen mixed stuff on peptides. Lets just say if i had it available at a reasonable price, id more than likely use it.

K1N6

Awards
Day 1:
Weight 221.2 (was heavily bloated yesterday so i expected a slight tick downward and also tends to happen after a dose of adex)
Alright guys so not much to report today since its an off day. Gonna try to give my body some time to rest so i wont be going to the gym till saturday which will be a back day. My training schedule will be every other day, giving my hands and body mini rest periods in between sessions to maximize recovery.
Ive read mixed opinions on anadrol about which happens first, strength or size, for me its been bloat and size and im hoping that the strength will be here soon.

K1N6

Awards
Day 2:
Weight: 221.6 (+.4)

Very pleased with how i still gained despite not eating everything i possibly could. Looking so lean and i cant believe the difference from when i first started taking AAS and now. I did progress pics and i’m up 19lbs and lost about 10% body fat over the last few months. It sounds like and overstatment but i can promise you the pics are worlds apart. If i somehow keep dropping fat i should be able to see striations at some point in the near future without even really trying. Almost have a chisled 6 pack as it is right now. Anyway!
Still an off day, big exam today so i wanted to fully dedicate myself to it. But like i said Saturday is when i go back for back day (har har) and i always want to be in the gym so being off more than a day sucks. Next week will be my first deadlift session fully recovered (7+days rest) so i’m gonna ease into it.
On another note, i have some serious goals strength wise. Things that i want to hit within the next 1-2 years and i would like to hit for 1 now but the ultimate goal is to hit them for 5. On squat id like to do 675x5, bench 495x5 and deadlift 765x5. Considering my numbers i have acheived currently, i think its more than possible to hit them in the time frame given. I recently bought some tren a so when i feel like i’m feeling 100% im gonna make a push to hit these #s for at least 1and progress from there. I think future cycles i will be doing exclusively test because all around it is the most well rounded of any AAS, the body takes it well and plus the shut down isnt super harsh so i could potentially go up a lot and also experience less sides had i used combinations of things.
My ultimate weight goal is to be super round, full, dense and shredded at 225ish. I dont really want to go up more than that but my strength goals outweigh my aesthetic goals so whatever it takes will be done. To be honest after acheiving my strength goals i’d be okay with stopping powerlifting type goals and taking a crack at classic bodybuilding since they just introduced the old fashioned posing trunks now so its not like you’re wearing a man thong anymore.

K1N6

Awards
Day 3:
Weight - 221.8 (+.2)
-very happy with the weight still climbing (albeit slow) but i havent been eating well the past two days since the sides have kicking in with killing appetite.

I’ve been watching a lot of Tom Platz and its eased my mind taking so many days off to rest between workouts. He was saying he tried tp train like arnold and train 6 days a week with high volume and he got skinny and fat and immediately i thought of myself because thats how its always been for me. So ill be getting 8-9 days off between heavy deadlifts which is much needed. Ill try and do a light back day in between but i want to prioritize rest for the first time ever and so if i dont want to go because im not recovered, i’m not going.

So these are the numbers i plan to hit with rough estimates of reps i believe are possible. Depending on the day i might add or subtract a rep depending (knowing me itll only be adding) but i want these reps to be of quality. I dont want to start grinding week 1 and i dont want to grind week 8 or however long i do it. I want things to get heavy but move smoothly.

Heres the plan:
515x15
555x12
595x8
635x4-5
670x3
705x1
Max

K1N6

Awards
Day4-5:
Weight - 222.2 (+.4) and 221.8 (-.4)

I have been dealing with an estrogen imbalance the past few weeks and im still getting that settled so my water bloat leaving might appear that i’m losing weight (lean weight) but that just isnt the case. Training was terrible yesterday -
Deadlift 515x11 (ive done 500x8 beltless so this is absolutely unacceptable)
I’m not used to volume at all and my muscle gave out before my form did which doesnt happen often at all. Still, i should have been able to do 15+ at LEAST. Still figuring things out and last time my E was to high and i brought it down my max went from 635-665 in about 2 days just from taking an extra dose of adex. So i’m hoping my strength is being masked right now, if not. I’m not aure wtf is going on.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strong numbers! I’d love to see some video of the s/b/d!

K1N6

Awards
Day 6:
Weight: i couldnt weigh myself today.
Of all the days for anything to happen, i lost my best freind today. It was The hardest day of my life. I got 45 mins sleep, my head hurt so bad because i was so stressed i thought i was going to have a stroke. A few hours after he passed it tempered down enough where i could clearly think. My friend was visiting from another state today and i was supposed to train with him but after the night/day i had, it was so hard squeezing out some motivation to do anything besides the fact tht i barely ate before hand (although i made sure i hydrated). I decided to go and workout and dedicate my workout to my friend. I believe if someone passes, you owe it to them to at least live out your dreams for them because they dont have the chance to anymore. Todays workout was incredible and the motivation was endless.
Pause bench - 350x10 PR (had 12! Wtf)
Dumbell side lateral raises - 60x4x10 PR
Rear delt machine - 150,170,190,210x15
Scull crushers - 90x4x12 PR
Calf exercise (just getting used to training them again so nothing notable at all)

So for whatever reason, be it motivation or whatnot, i performed way about what i thought was there today. Time to rest and recover.
PS - if you guys got through my post, i appreciate it.

Last edited:
Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Day 6:
Of all the days for anything to happen, i lost my best freind today. It was The hardest day of my life. I got 45 mins sleep, my head hurt so bad because i was so stressed i thought i was going to have a stroke. A few hours after he passed it tempered down enough where i could clearly think. My friend was visiting from another state today and i was supposed to train with him but after the night/day i had, it was so hard squeezing out some motivation to do anything besides the fact tht i barely ate before hand (although i made sure i hydrated). I decided to go and workout and dedicate my workout to my friend. I believe if someone passes, you owe it to them to at least live out your dreams for them because they dont have the chance to anymore. Todays workout was incredible and the motivation was endless.
Calf exercise (just getting used to training them again so nothing notable at all)

So for whatever reason, be it motivation or whatnot, i performed way about what i thought was there today. Time to rest and recover.
Sorry for your loss. Praying for his family and friends.

K1N6

Awards
Alright ladies and gents, it’s been a very rough week and it hasnt lightned up to much. But we will continue on! Ive still been training because im relentless for the goals ive set and im doing everything to make them come to fruition. General highlights over the last few days:
Bb bench 375x7 (paused) PR
Db bench 140sx3x10 PR was so happy, deff had more but im being conservative since my program is very intense so i cant spend all my energy in one day.
Front squat 365x12 PR, giant PR, im pretty sure if i tried i could front squat 495. A big goal is 495x5 and i think i should be good for it in 2 or so months when i hit a 675x5 back squat. Will continue to update daily again. Havent been tracking weight btw, i dont look like i changed much and ive been on tren a for 1 week, should be kicking in anyday now. Its time.

So thats just the main things that i wanted to point out, tm is back day so i start off with deads, if it feels good i will hit a PR set of 10 (the idea i have is 585). If i feel like garbage, ill move deads to my last exercise and do them very light focusing on squeezing everything and hit them hard next week. Thats the plan for now, this week has given me so much motivation to live for more than myself and to reach every goal i deem worthy.

Last edited:
Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
General highlights over the last few days:
Bb bench 375x7 (paused) PR
Db bench 140sx3x10 PR was so happy, deff had more but im being conservative since my program is very intense so i cant spend all my energy in one day.
Front squat 365x12 PR, giant PR, im pretty sure if i tried i could front squat 495. A big goal is 495x5 and i think i should be good for it in 2 or so months when i hit a 675x5 back squat. Will continue to update daily again. week. Thats the plan for now, this week has given me so much motivation to live for more than myself and to reach every goal i deem worthy.
Dang! You’re pushing and pulling a lot of weight around, K1N6! This old man is jealous!

Keep up the good work!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 6:

Sorry for your loss brother

K1N6

Awards
Trying to be the best! Gonna take an awful lot to do it so i’m trying my best.

K1N6

Awards
So todays workout wasnt that good, i was originally intending on pulling sumo which i think 10 would have been there today but for some reason i wanted to work on my conventional so i dont get rusty. It was a bad move. I pulled 585x2 and that was about all my back could handle because of all the volume ive been doing the last few days. So i backed down and did volume sets sumo with 500 and 545 for sets of 8-10. Been doing a lot of volume and making things way harder so the weights havent been super impressive but i’m getting pumps in areas ive never got them before like my traps, upper back, calfs and lats. So i think something is working. I forgot to mention that i’m doing Dallas Mccarver’s training program so its extreme. Its a slightly modified version of ronnie colemans program, which if you know how insane that was, you know what im going through. I modified it a bit for myself too. Ive been conscious of cutting my rest periods too and that coupled with the volume is hitting my ego pretty damn hard because my numbers have dropped quite a bit due too the volume and pumps that dont go away before the next set.

K1N6

Awards
* also before this cycle, i pretty much maxed out 2x a week on bench and deadlift since May 2018 so its been a very long while since ive moved my lard ass around much. Lol. So the volume that would crush a normal person is most likely going to flatten me if i dont play my cards right.

K1N6

Awards
Day something:
Weight - 216.8
Weight is down some but like i said before, i didnt do hardly any work in the gym for months (7 to be exact) besides max, so the slight weight loss is expected. Feeling like i can actually breathe a bit now and dont feel like im gonna pass out while i do sets of more than 3-5. Still super difficult but getting way better and its only been 6 days since training this way. Yesterday and today are lighter days so nothing to notable being done, just getting more hypertrophy work in!

K1N6

Awards
Weight 215.8
This training is dropping the water and fat right off me.
Today was an off day but i didnt document yesterdays training, it was a back day:
Deadlift 495x10 so easy (finally getting my mojo back)
Behind the neck pull down 80,130,150,190x12
Reverse grip pd 100,150,180x12
Close grip pd 100,140,18,220x12
1 arm hammer strength row 3,5,6x10
Row 100,150,180x10 (cable horz row)
Pull over 50,60,70x10

Things have been feeling really great, my work capacity and lung capacity is amazing and its only been a week. Not sure how long i’ running this but i’m gonna keep going till it stops working, then i’m gonna peak my main lifts and cruise.

Edit - i also didnt document my back squat day! It was an epic first regular squag day so i went pretty light.
Leg extension 50,100,150,200x10
Squats 135,225,315,405x15 PR!
Leg press 4,6,8x8
Belt sqt 2platedx4x8 (close stance, deep)
stiff leg 3,4,5,6x10 (on shrug machine)
Seat leg curl x3-4x10 (didnt do)

405x15! Only stopped cuz my legs were so pumped. I think 585x5 is going to fall in 2-4 weeks (i go heavy on squats every other week).

Last edited:

K1N6

Awards
Weight 215.8
Today was a pretty good day but i can deff feel the mask of fatigue on my top sets. Still getting stronger no doubt but you just have the feeling like, damn if i had an extra day off or i was fresh i couldve done more. Anyway todays workout was Day 1 of Week 2! That means front squat day:

Leg extension 50,100,150x3x12
Fsqt 135,225,315,400x8 PR!!!
Hack sqt 3,4,5,7/25x8 PR!!
Lying leg curl 40,80,100x10 slow and controlled
Seat lc 50,70,90x10
Seated calf raise 1plate, 2,3x10 PR

So overall i’m pleased with how things went, i feel like i had more on my front squat and hack squat for sure. Front squat suffered because i didnt have music and the main reason was really because rep 5 my left bicep cramped hard, started to release rep 6 then my right bicep cramped and the left recramped. It was near impossible to focus on my form which is crucial in the front squat but like i said i’m still happy. The hack squat felt oddly good. Last workout 3 plates per side felt so heavy but my back was pretty sore last time so everything felt pretty crummy. Today i surpased my best ever with ease and wouldve hit and entire plate heavier if i knew i didnt train so frequently so i had to shut it down. Still to be honest i prob went to hard this workout for week 2 and so i’m going to temper my self slightly to make sure the progress continues to fly.
One of the up and coming favorite exercises is leg curls, just slowing down the movement and being slower on the eccentric especially changed everything for me. Incredible soreness, insane pumps and best of all i can feel the muscle working (which i never have). Tomorrow is my main bench day but im trying to be flexible, if it feels great i will do 400xamrap and go for a goal of 7, if not i will rep out a lighter weight in preperation for the 400 next week. Trying to be very methodical with my planning to get the best results.

K1N6

Awards
Weight - 214.4
Fat dripping off of me daily, still getting strong so everything is going better than planned since i lift better when slightly leaner because my equipment fits better.
Todays workout was:

Bench 400x5 PR
Db ben 150x7 PR
Seat p 50,80x3x10 PR
Db fr 25x3x10 PR
Oh tri 160x3x15 PR
slr 60x3x10 PR

Pretty happy that i’m making progress with so much volume on my plate, its amazing really. I seriously cannot wait to peak and blow every single PR out of the water. Still got 3-4 weeks so i gotta settle down before i make wreckless decisions.

Edit: i use a belt and wraps, no actual equipment like squat suits if any of you were wondering.

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leverages are everything, so if your belt “feels” better when you “sip” air to fill out your abdomen/obliques then you’re making the best decision to lose weight and protect your lumbar.

Do you record your lifts (video?)

1755lb total @ 215 is IMPRESSIVE.

Edit* do you actually compete as well? What fed? Just curious.

K1N6

Awards
I record everything i just have no idea how to upload it on here. I do have a youtube page though from years ago that i still upload on. I competed in RPS this summer for fun, so i did like high bar belt less squat, close grip bench and belt less sumo dead. As you could imagine my numbers were far lower than what i couldve done. I hit a 500 squat, 365 bench and 585 deadlift. Wouldve went higher on bench but the kept red lighting me saying my butt was lifting.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would you DM me the link to your YouTube? I’d like to see those lifts!

K1N6

Awards
Weight - 216.0
Felt meh today, deadlifting wasnt super great the other day and i took a moderately heavy single which i shouldnt have done and it effected my performance today. Today was a squat workout and here it was:

Squat - 495x8,545x1, 585x1

Feeling like a big PR is right around the corner, not only did i near match my best PRs all in one workout but i did them high bar! My low bar is 50+lbs stronger so i should be able to do 650 on a great day if all things go well since i think i could have done 585x2 at least if i felt good today. I mangled my walkout on 495x8, the goal was 12, but i only walked 6 inches back and took about 9 steps...so yeah, pretty much guarenteed failure. I’m happy that its most likely there and i had 1 more rep in me today but i wasnt even enticed to take it because i know what i’m capable of and i knew i failed as soon as the walkout blew and wasnt trying to grab any ol’ PR. In september i was excited about 495x5 and now im doing more than double so leg strength has been amazing and i owe it all to just locking in my form and moving it 99% of the time with quads and maybe 1 or 2 on super hard sets my back will kick in a little bit but for the most part, the load is in the correct spot. Very happy to peak my deadlift but i’m going to do it like i used to and get my upper back strength up doing sumo and then after a short peak of sumo, go right into conventional and see whats there. That type of method works really well for me and since my leg strength is way up i should at least be able to do 725 when i peak.

K1N6

Awards
Weight - 216.0

Gonna be deloading for a few days to clean up some fatigue, but feeling pretty decent. Deadlifted again today since i knew i was gonna be off for a bit and really felt like i honed my technique in today better than ever. I owe it all to the bodybuilding program that i was doing! It gave me patience and the want to feel the targeted muscle instead of just moving things. I’m not an insane form guy but it obviously has some merit and today things clicked so well. I worked up to 635 for the cleanest rep ive ever done. Now it wasnt fast, but it was perfect and it felt good. My lower back didnt kick in like usual with weights over 495 and so i believe with a small peak i can do 725. Also it did move super fast cuz i squatted last night so that didnt help.

K1N6

Awards
Weight - 216.0
Feeling good, just resting up so that i can go into hard training again. This next run will be 36 days straight on a motified version of a program i used to do to absolutely destroy plateaus. Its an everyday program so obvious intensity and volume need to be adjusted very carefully to recover and adapt. Like ive said, ive done this before years ago and found it to always be reliable so i’m ready to give it another go. Its an extremely modified version of 5/3/1 but its so modified you wouldnt even recognize it but i still refer to it as 5/3/1. I basically squat or deadlift every other day and do super light recovery bench and heavy bench every other day. The intensity is akin to 5/3/1 where you do a 75/85/95 for 5+/3+/1+ reps so youre not always going heavy and you also start by using 90% of your 1rm as your new 1rm so you take a step back to take several steps forward. Even years ago when i was new to modifiying and writing programs i knew the original 531 didnt have enough frequency for the lifts which is crucial if your form sucks. So the 2x per week frequency for lower body will be perfect. As far as bench, i always do my own thing on that cuz anyone i saw that did 531 never saw their bench increase/barely increase so i fully went my own way on that.

K1N6

Awards
Weight - 217.8 not sure where the almost 2 lbs came from but i look just as lean.

Ive been doing whatever ive wanted, when ive wanted too in the gym and so today i deadlift AGAIN. I went with sumo again and felt pretty decent today so i went to a too set of 662 and the last plate didnt even move off the floor...so i randomly decided to pull conventional right after and started with 495. It was one of the best reps ive ever done and moved super smooth. I went to 585 and hit it for a PR of 7 reps and i think if i didnt tire myself out with sumo (and actually rest more than a day) that i have 9-10 reps.

K1N6

Awards
Suhhh dudes, long time no post!

Good times since i last ligged on here.
Wont keep you waiting here are the #s:
460x1 bench PR
585x9 deadlift PR
645x3 deadlift PR so easy 660x3 was there
680 deadlift after 660, that was my last dl session and so next session i will be going for a big number before one final peak out and then i will reset.
So i implemented “deadlift everyday” for 7 days straight and did conventional every session except day 1. My deadlift shot up to above its average numbers and i was able to make quick work of a 680 deadlift. So my estimate with 4 days off i will get 705-710 with my first peak day and 4 days later i will go after 715-725 for the final day but i honestly think around 725 will be there because of how strong ive been without any rest whatsoever.
Supp wise i went down to the bare minimum of just test - before i was on test, deca, adrol - as soon as deca cleared my system everything felt amazing again and my sense of well being was back, the lethagry went away and my sex drive also returned. Besides those things, my lifts have been going up again which is the main positive and i couldnt be happier. Unfortunately i used tren and adrol (short bursts) while i was on deca and i’m aboslutely sure it effected the outcome of what i got from the other supps so i will have to try them again someday but for the next long while...its just gonna be test cuz the basics work just fine.

K1N6

Awards
Second day posting!

Bench 465x1 PR
literally wrecking PRs everyday

K1N6

Awards
Ayy brrro,
Just wanted to update you on the many PRs!
Finally squatted low bar and usually id do 2-3 sessions to get used to it b4 i max but i hit 635! Gonna go for 650 next time before my meet in 4 weeks!

K1N6

Awards
Anotha one.

Deadlift 685!

Taking a few days off and will go for 700+