Getting Ripped With Team Juggernaut!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome! Big thanks to Team Juggernaut for giving me a three month run with their coaching/nutrition planning. I have always just kind of jumped around programs and had no real accountability so I am quite excited to give this my all and see how much I can change! As others have mentioned, I won't get into super specifics about workouts/nutrition since that's property of Team Juggernaut, but I will be updating this probably every day as we move along these three months. The app is pretty awesome so far that they use, Team Juggernaut updates it weekly with the newest workouts and it tracks literally everything. I really like it so far in terms of that. So thanks for following along, starting pics and first update to follow!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
first!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Starting pics here below. 200 lbs even but feeling pretty bloated due to poor diet the past few days dealing with the death of my Grandpa. Got things kickstarted today with my first workout, back/bi’s/calves.
IMG_3470.jpg
IMG_3466.jpg

All of my first week workouts are labeled as kick start. So I’m assuming this first week is to see where I’m at and get acclimated to things. I actually really enjoyed today’s workout, a nice mix of mixing rep ranges and high volume which I’m a big fan of. Chesticles tomorrow! I didn’t see cardio listed at all this week so I’m hoping that gets rolled in next week as leaning up some is a major goal.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'll follow along. I've never had a coach so I've always been curious how that whole process would go.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for hopping in guys! I can already tell I'm going to get along well with this. My big problem was I lift alone and followed some online programs, but I just never had the accountability. Change a lift here, cut a set there etc. But with this program/app I know someone is keeping up on me as all of my workouts are sent to Team Juggernaut, and I feel that accountability is going to go a LONG way here with me and I'm so excited.
This week is kind of weird as I had to miss Monday and Tuesday workouts due to my grandpa passing, so I'm having four days in a row of lifts, which was not the original program, but CJ said it was ok to proceed this week with that. It was going to be MON/TUES and THURS/Fri for lifts which is perfect for me, and hoping the remaining weeks will continue that.
Had a great workout today with chest/tris/abs. I really pushed myself and felt great and was super pumped up when finished. A very nice mix of rep ranges and volume. Tomorrow is shoulders/traps, looking forward to it. Weight also back down to 198 so that funeral bloat is almost gone, lol.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was shoulders/abs/calves. This one was a killer for me, a ton of volume on shoulders which I've never really done that much so I will be feeling it tomorrow. 197.5 today and feeling pretty lean/strong, so far so good. Tomorrow is weigh in day on the app/pictures. I like that we send them pics that often to really keep up on changes, although I won't be posting them as often in here, I will certainly be doing every two weeks or so. Diet has been pretty damn good this week, although I haven't been tracking as I should since it's been kind of an off week, will be looking at starting that fresh on Monday. Tomorrow is legs, and it looks to be a pretty tough one, excited to get that update on Sunday and see what next week brings!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In for this

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a nice workout yesterday, legs are feeling it today! Back to a normal 4 day schedule this week, didn’t see any cardio on there so checking in with coach to make sure that’s the plan. I would typically do cardio on non lifting days so want to see if that’s still cool

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got an update on cardio so I can now start mixing that in with the workouts. Feeling really good after the first week of workouts, and a great back/bi workout today. Workout today was different than last weeks back/bi, but not so different it felt random, a nice mix of exercises and rep ranges. Arms were bursting after the bicep finisher. Weight is the same, even after some beers on Saturday night so that's awesome. I really like the app we're tracking workouts in as well, intuitively gives you your previous numbers on the exercises that are the same, no searching or anything needed.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a good workout this morning to start my day. Was shoulders and abs and threw some cardio in at the end since I'm allowed it 3 days per week. Really liking the variety in the workouts and the motivation. Been eating a lot better than I have been in the past as well, focusing on good protein and veggies. Weight actually up at 200 this morning but woke feeling and looking leaner than I have, so I'm not going to get too worried about the scale, just gonna keep kicking ass with my workouts and diet. Tomorrow will be an off day from lifting but will get cardio in.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Had a good workout this morning to start my day. Was shoulders and abs and threw some cardio in at the end since I'm allowed it 3 days per week. Really liking the variety in the workouts and the motivation. Been eating a lot better than I have been in the past as well, focusing on good protein and veggies. Weight actually up at 200 this morning but woke feeling and looking leaner than I have, so I'm not going to get too worried about the scale, just gonna keep kicking ass with my workouts and diet. Tomorrow will be an off day from lifting but will get cardio in.
do you have a lot of veggies in your diet? mine has a total of 2c the whole day which is insanely low for me ha... im used to 2lb a day(if not more!)

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
do you have a lot of veggies in your diet? mine has a total of 2c the whole day which is insanely low for me ha... im used to 2lb a day(if not more!)
Mine has more than 2 cups yea but not a ton more. My problem was never getting enough of em before so this is helping me fo sho

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mine has more than 2 cups yea but not a ton more. My problem was never getting enough of em before so this is helping me fo sho
haha im the opposite... I feel like I almost have to be nutrient deficient now with only 2c of green veggies and 2 bananas being m only real variety

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was a scheduled off day, so went in and did 20 mins of cardio per those guidelines for now. Have chest and tris tomorrow and it looks like I’ll be having a fun morning with it

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And it was a fun morning! Chest and tri workout, each body part finished off with some killer high rep basically no rest finishers. Was feeling quite pumped up afterwards. I haven't been this motivated in a while and my workouts so far are showing it. Pushing hard through the last reps and increasing weight. This may sound weird, but my grandpa passing has motivated me as well. He really lived life to the fullest and his eulogy from the pastor has really stuck with me, talking about living life with no regrets and not making excuses for anything, so I've been fully embracing that in the gym and in life.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was legs! I've typically not pushed too much with my legs due to four surgeries, but I'm really giving my all with these leg workouts (hence why I was sore for three days after my first one) lol. Second week of workouts is complete, will do some extra cardio tomorrow. Feeling really good after these first two weeks, I've been sore after everyone so I know I'm pushing myself and the variety so far in the workouts is nice. Feeling a good deal tighter today in my chest which is awesome.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did some cardio yesterday, off day today enjoying some unexpected snow with the kiddo. Haven’t gotten the new workouts that are supposed to start tomorrow so hoping those come through today

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Start of the new week today! Got up early for a chest/sh/tri workout. Things have switched up a good deal this week on the workout front, not a typical split I’ve done and more legs than I’m used to but looking forward to it! Arms were shaking after the workout today while doing cardio, which I have on the schedule for four days this week so excited about that. After lifting did 20 mins on the stair climber next to a super hottie so tries not to look too much like I was gonna die, lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
boobies.. the ultimate motivator

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had another good workout today, followed by some cardio. Never done a leg split like this or front squats really ever, but really pushing myself to try new things, and my knees held up awesome actually so pretty pumped about that! Tomorrow is supposed to be an off day, but I switched Thursdays workout to tomomorrow, so I can have my birthday be an off day. Gonna go golfing on a balmy 45 degree day. Weight down at 197 first thing this morning and feeling good.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ughhh front squats... the worst haha

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They were certainly not my favorite haha. Happy to kind of jump out of my comfort zone though

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
They were certainly not my favorite haha. Happy to kind of jump out of my comfort zone though
As much as I hate them, I purposely programmed them in for 18weeks this summer and they helped a ton of aspects for me: core strength, depth, wrist flexion, shoulder mobility, posture control, etc... hated every day, but they were spectacular for me due to the natural imbalances I have developed over the years... Worst part was I ego lifted on the second time I did them and popped something in my mid back due to crap form, spent two weeks fixing it (luckily it was jsut somethign that could be "popped back") and then started over again, humbled and re-invigorated. Ended up taking me about 5 weeks after that and I had increased my 5RM by like 30lb... amazing what good form allows you to do ;)

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Moved up my workout from tomorrow to today so I can hit up the links tomorrow. Had a good back/bi session with some stair climber to finish off. Not as many exercises as previous weeks but some increases in sets and killer finishers for each. Was freaking pumped after this workout, arms still feel huge. I'm certainly noticing some subtle physical changes already, more veins showing up etc. Which shows me that I'm definitely working harder than I was before which is awesome. Motivation is through the roof right now, so gonna keep riding this train! I don't know if I ever stated but I'm not really on anything either, aside from protein and some BCAA's. May look at adding in a test booster or something after the first month, I currently have a couple bottles of Ultimate T, but am open to pretty much anything.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a great birthday and some good golf! Moved Friday’s workout to this morning due to some work stuff. Had a great hammy calf workout. Some really tough rep ranges to finish things off, then 20mins of elliptical. Had a great sweat and feeling good. 199 is the weight and feeling nice and lean. Curious to see what thanksgiving week workouts will bring

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like 3 lifting days this week, M/W/F and cardio five days this week, basically just turkey day off for that. Had a good workout this morning with shoulders/chest/abs, but shoulders getting more attention today over chest, was a pretty tough one on the shoulders, not so much on the chest. Finished off with 20 mins on the elliptical. Was a little tired today after a pretty epic birthday party sat. night, but the workout was just what I needed to shake the cobwebs out.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was basically an off day, just a 45 min walk was all that was on the schedule. Tomorrow looks like some legs and biking. Since this is end of week 4 will have some pics at the end of the week. I don’t think there will be many changes in the photos, but I can say I feel I’m more vascular so far, and pants are now a 32 as opposed to a 34 so changes are afoot

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was a good legs/cardio day. Pretty similar exercises and such as compared to previous weeks so not much different to report there. Finished up with 20 mins on bike so legs were feeling pretty good after, lol. Tomorrow is an off day, where I will consume mass amounts of food, so should get pretty pumped up for Friday morning back arms workout.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bout to go feast like a king, complete off day today. Did take some slim max before the meal, forgot I had that and am gonna start taking it daily

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a busy day yesterday but got my workout in early, gym was dead at 630 on Black Friday, lol. Good back and arm workout with some cardio in there. Followed that up with 4 hours of yard work and hanging Christmas lights. Today is supposed to be a 45 min walk but we’re going to chop down a Christmas tree so skipping that today, gonna hit that up tomorrow morning before we do thanksgiving brunch with my side of the fam

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did my 45 mins of cardio today before a good brunch. Didn’t glutton out too bad, but it was def good! Don’t know what next week brings yet but will be up and at em for a 6am workout tomorrow.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got my new meal plan as well, pretty straight forward and at 3000ish calories per day. Interested to see how this treats me as I would think I need some pretty tough workouts to necessitate that

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really need to pick up my picture game, lol. So one month in, weight is the same, but waist size down from 34-32. Pictures don’t do as much justice as what I’ve been seeing in terms of vascularity and muscle fullness.

Left are before, right are today, one month in.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Early comparison, but u can tell your mid section is a bit lighter (as in less water retention?). Your before pictures the belly area looks a bit more bloated

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty frustrated this morning, got up to get my workout in and the workouts for the week haven’t been uploaded.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got it all squared away, looks like it was in issue for a few people. Really liking the look of the workouts this week. Hitting chest and back twice which I always felt worked great for me. Today was quads hams and some cardio. Legs feeling it after that one!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got it all squared away, looks like it was in issue for a few people. Really liking the look of the workouts this week. Hitting chest and back twice which I always felt worked great for me. Today was quads hams and some cardio. Legs feeling it after that one!
Interesting. Your workout schedules seem to be dramatically different than mine or the other guys. Mine are all bro splits with nothing more than once and very basic setups (other guys too).

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I’ve been seeing your posts. I’m pretty surprised yours are so basic since you’re on the more advanced side of things

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yea I’ve been seeing your posts. I’m pretty surprised yours are so basic since you’re on the more advanced side of things
I honestly don’t think he/whoever PHW any attention to our feedback. I have yet to see any change reflect anything I’ve said, requested, questioned or proposed

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven’t had much interaction at all, had an issue with food timing since sometimes I workout first thing AM others over lunch and Carl switched up my diet timing for each situation. Workouts not so mich

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was a shoulder/ab/stairclimber kind of day. Shoulders are fried right now. Had 7 different shoulder exercises today with some high set finishers to really hit them hard. Have chest and back tomorrow, so hope I'm not too sore.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was chest/back. Nothing crazy here, just 3 exercises for each body part, but hitting both again on Friday with different movements. 20 mins of biking afterwards, tomorrow is an "off" day with walking scheduled. Then that Friday, and arms on Saturday.