MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I decided to make a new home thread for my training and every day life stuff we always end up talking about in threads anyway. Any time I am not logging a specific product I will update things in here and will at a minimum track all of my lifts in this thread as well. I have basically started so many new things lately that I feel a new log just mark the start of things to come.

Training has changed into more strength / power / speed / muscular endurance type of training instead of focusing on hypertrophy. I will pepper a little bit of everything into this.

I am working on a coaching business, several certs and trying to get a small training facility going in my garage. Lots of things to do here, so I need to do exactly as the title of this says and Keep my focus on a Strong Body and Strong Mind!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This will be a quick update then I am off to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra with my wife and daughter. We have 5th row ticket courtesy of my awesome cousin!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!

Heroes Warmup, 2 rounds

Super Set 1 Timed Challenge 5 rounds

DB Push Press 60 lbs x 10,8,6,4,2 10 lbs heavier than last week
Pull Ups BW+25 x5, 5, 5, 5, 5 up 25 lbs from last week!!!!

Total time for 5 rounds 2:54.01 Seconds!!!!!! I came in 3rd this time but the 2 ahead of me only added 10 lbs to their pull ups so I call that a win in my book!

Super Set 2 - Rest was as fast as i could add weight and start back up!

DB Rack Squats 10 reps 60,65, 70, 75
DB 1 arm Snatch 5 reps per arm 60, 65, 70, 75
- started out 10 lbs heavier and hit more volume of weight lifted on both of these.

Super Set 3 done 3 rounds nonstop, no rest at all!!!!

DB Farmer Carries 50lbs x 100 yards, 75 yards, 50 yards - These were brutal by the end of the 75 and 50 yard walks, that 100 yards beat me up!
Hanging Knee Raises - 15, 15, 15 - I tried to stop myself at the bottom of each of these to minimize momentum.

5 minutes mobility and foam rolling.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
First!!

Enjoy the Orchestra. I've always to see them live!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2nd! Boom!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3rd... but 1st from the Great White North.. and yep it's FN snowing...

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Lucky numba 7! Yeah buddy!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Definitely in buddy!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First in double digits! That counts for something, right?!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Hey, I'm not as late as usual...lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First!!

Enjoy the Orchestra. I've always to see them live!!
2nd! Boom!
3rd... but 1st from the Great White North.. and yep it's FN snowing...
First...

(page)
Ridiculous 6!
Lucky numba 7! Yeah buddy!
Definitely in buddy!!
First in double digits! That counts for something, right?!
Hey, I'm not as late as usual...lol
Awesome of all of you to come! Glad to have a pretty good turn out for the first day. :)

Hit some other lifting this weekend but nothing too major. I had a lot of catching up to do on other things from not being around, so lifting took a hit. I will be hitting up a lift tonight and will get that up in here. All in all I ended up eating too much this past week / weekend, and am paying for it today, feeling very full, and my reflux is letting me know I over did it on the sweets. Oh well a week of eating a bit too much I am sure I will keep the food at a minimum for a few days to allow my body to recover and enjoy some light eating.

My supps that were supposed to have come in were delayed again, and rather than keep on pushing of blood work I decided to just keep my appointment and run this log after I get my blood work. So I will be posting up in here for another little bit before starting that other log. Will give me a few more weeks of allowing my system to return to a homeostasis if you will.

Training tonight is going to be a real beast on the legs.

Warming up to a heavy widow maker, I am thinking I may go for 275-295 just depends on how I am feeling once I warm up. More than likely I will get under something I am not sure I can do for 20 then try to force myself to do so anyway.

Second part will be fun / punishing, I have to do a 100 yard sprint then 25 push ups and go 5 rounds of this. My legs should be dead when it is all said and done!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't wanna be a naysayer but a hardcore 20 rep squat set might just turn those sprints into jogs! May your mind be stronger than your body

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
???? naysayer!!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A few days late but here!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't wanna be a naysayer but a hardcore 20 rep squat set might just turn those sprints into jogs! May your mind be stronger than your body
Yeah no doubt!!!
�������� naysayer!!!!
They were brutal for sure.
A few days late but here!
WooHoo!!!!

Aaaaggghhhh!!! Frustrated with myself for sticking in vacation mode when I got back from our trip last week. I hit the workouts last week but not the way they should have been and unfortunately just kept eating like crap. Crazy what 2 weeks of eating poorly and going through the motions on training will do to you. I look like a big puffy marshmallow. I know it is just bloat and probably a good solid 2 lbs of true fat gain but it is enough for me to look at myself with harsh judgement.

Not going to beat myself up over it though, just have to cut the crap back out of my diet, and put 100% back into my training. I know the drill 2 weeks of debauchery costs me 3 weeks of progress. On a good note some of the aches and pains I was building up seem to be more recovered right now after 2 weeks of not hitting everything extremely hard. My shoulders are feeling better, elbows too and my lower back seems to have loosened back up so I will just be positive and look at the good that comes out of it. Plus I won't lie I really enjoyed all the extra food and family time. Once the extra glycogen & water gradually flushes back out I will be right back where I was pretty quickly and with less aches and pains.

I finally got the supps in I was planning on running but since it took quite a while for them to show up I decided to hold off until after I go in to get my blood work done. I have an appointment in the next few weeks and might as well keep it now that I have been off of everything for over a month. Should be a decent amount of time to have lipids and what not back around normal levels.

Work planned for tonight is a serious beat down, going to put me through the paces!

Complex 1 = 10 rounds for time AFAP!

POWER CLEAN @70% of 1RM x 1 rep
RING PUSH-UPS - 5 reps
PULL-UPS — 5 reps - Mix your hand positions on every set.

Super Set 2 = 4 rounds
DUMBBELL LATERAL RAISE x 10,
BENT OVER ROW x10 - Use an underhand grip for barbell rowing.

SuperSet 3 = 3 rounds
SLED DRAG = 50 yards
HANGING KNEE RAISE x15

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Late but here!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Happy New Year Chris!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Short lived food freedom and gaining recovery traded for just a little back tracking is not to bad of a trade off. Glad you enjoyed yourself a bit!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Late but here!
Glad you are Sir!
Happy New Year Chris!
Right back atcha!
Short lived food freedom and gaining recovery traded for just a little back tracking is not to bad of a trade off. Glad you enjoyed yourself a bit!
I agree, I just let the reigns loose for our Anniversary and never got a handle back on things. Was about a 3 week down period where I did the minimum on training and the maximum on eating. :)

No big deal, I did as I suspected gain 2-3 lbs of real fat along with a lot of water bloat. . No big deal, abs lost most of the definition but are probably just a few weeks of specific attention away from where they were. I have an intense training session set up for tonight. Looking forward to really pushing myself hard and getting my traction again.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I'm in the same boat man, the midsection is looking a little smooth for my liking too. I have faith that a tighter diet, new training program, and new supplements will fix 'er right back up. We got this bro!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm in the same boat man, the midsection is looking a little smooth for my liking too. I have faith that a tighter diet, new training program, and new supplements will fix 'er right back up. We got this bro!!
BamBam0319 - No doubt coming off of a cut in the big middle of the Holiday season just didn't work out well for me this time around. Relaxed for our anniversary trip, got back and it was non-stop party - event food. I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth! I mean HORRIBLE!!!! Once I got started on the holiday treat madness I slid down the sugary slope, and did so gleefully! Must have looked like something out of Willie Wonka!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
BamBam0319 - No doubt coming off of a cut in the big middle of the Holiday season just didn't work out well for me this time around. Relaxed for our anniversary trip, got back and it was non-stop party - event food. I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth! I mean HORRIBLE!!!! Once I got started on the holiday treat madness I slid down the sugary slope, and did so gleefully! Must have looked like something out of Willie Wonka!
Now there's a mental image!! You gleefully chugging chocolate in The Chocolate Factory!! :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now there's a mental image!! You gleefully chugging chocolate in The Chocolate Factory!! :D
At least I never ran into a vermicious kenid! I hear they eat little Oompah Lumpah's like me!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
lol I can just picture you Destroying tables full of delicacies ! I get the same way and feel it the next day in my routine! amazingly my appetite has been small this time around but its kinda working out. Glad to see you back and ready to tear it up, your logs are always gold!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
lol I can just picture you Destroying tables full of delicacies ! I get the same way and feel it the next day in my routine! amazingly my appetite has been small this time around but its kinda working out. Glad to see you back and ready to tear it up, your logs are always gold!
Thanks Brother Cali! Oh yeah buddy, I was on a dessert rampage. The things i found myself eating... then having more of... and some more of... then just a little more... oh and maybe just one more piece would be okay!

Here is a very telling picture of me 2 weeks apart the chubby one was on Christmas. LOL Crazy what a couple weeks did quickly. You can't even see my jaw line in the second one!!!!!

2 weeks dietary damage.jpg

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Thanks Brother Cali! Oh yeah buddy, I was on a dessert rampage. The things i found myself eating... then having more of... and some more of... then just a little more... oh and maybe just one more piece would be okay!

Here is a very telling picture of me 2 weeks apart the chubby one was on Christmas. LOL Crazy what a couple weeks did quickly. You can't even see my jaw line in the second one!!!!!

View attachment 128522
Damn lol yea ! your in control though is the best part you can drop it pretty fast and use the beneficial aspects to increase your performance/physique, that's just being the Kleen Machine!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear you Chris... most of December was a nightmare for me. I have my work cut out for me, that's for sure.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eat, drink and be Merry! For tomorrow we lift and cut!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn lol yea ! your in control though is the best part you can drop it pretty fast and use the beneficial aspects to increase your performance/physique, that's just being the Kleen Machine!
It was mostly water, my face already came back down to about where it was there. Thank Goodness!
I hear you Chris... most of December was a nightmare for me. I have my work cut out for me, that's for sure.
It happens to all of us. Like Rocky says, it ain't about how many times you get knocked down, it's about how many times you stand back up!

Eat, drink and be Merry! For tomorrow we lift and cut!!
No doubt!

So here was the battle that had to be fought in the gym.

Burgener warm up - x 3 rounds

Complex A - 5 rounds for time
Power Cleans - 165 x2, 2, 2, 2, 2
Ring Push Ups - x10, 8, 6, 4, 2
Pull Up @ BW = 216 x10, 8, 6, 4, 2
Time = 5:32.5 seconds

Man that was a beast! Power cleans got hard after the second round, the pull ups just took so much out of the posterior chain that the cleans just got rough. One rep I pulled it and did something wrong and hit myself in the chin with the bar. Yep 165 moving at a high rate of speed right on the chin, had to shake that one off. Thank goodness it was the 2nd rep of that set.

Superset 2 x3 sets
DB Snatch x5 each arm
2 arm DB Bent over Row x10
- I was feeling these for sure. My delts and lats were pumped like crazy from this super set!

Super Set 3 x 3 sets
Sled Drag = 50 yards
Hanging Knee Raises x 15, 12, 10

Mobility Work and Foam Rolling

clown007

clown007

Awards
It was mostly water, my face already came back down to about where it was there. Thank Goodness!

It happens to all of us. Like Rocky says, it ain't about how many times you get knocked down, it's about how many times you stand back up!

No doubt!

Man that was a beast! Power cleans got hard after the second round, the pull ups just took so much out of the posterior chain that the cleans just got rough. One rep I pulled it and did something wrong and hit myself in the chin with the bar. Yep 165 moving at a high rate of speed right on the chin, had to shake that one off. Thank goodness it was the 2nd rep of that set.

Superset 2 x3 sets
DB Snatch x5 each arm
- I was feeling these for sure. My delts and lats were pumped like crazy from this super set!

Super Set 3 x 3 sets
Sled Drag = 50 yards

Nice workout! I am going to incorporate some of these into my current training. They look like fun!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout! I am going to incorporate some of these into my current training. They look like fun!
Definitely fun especially if you like challenging yourself.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is the bar ok? Probably hurt it banging into it like that.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Definitely fun especially if you like challenging yourself.
Totally! Played with versions of CrossFit and Fight Round style workouts for years. Challenges definitely keep you motivated. Love the beat the clock style workouts.
Staley's Escalating Density program is another form of challenge that I have played with. Its fun at times too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Totally! Played with versions of CrossFit and Fight Round style workouts for years. Challenges definitely keep you motivated. Love the beat the clock style workouts.
Staley's Escalating Density program is another form of challenge that I have played with. Its fun at times too.
I will have to look at that one. I think I may have looked at it before and just not done it due to other training.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards

No doubt!

Superset 2 x3 sets
DB Snatch x5 each arm

Super Set 3 x 3 sets
Sled Drag = 50 yards

Damn that's some kickass time!! Did that bar give you a little reminder it was there and wasn't just gonna let you body slam it repeatedly ? I hate when I do **** like that but I try to ignore it and just not doit again but stay on pace.
Those DB snatches were brutal I bet with the bent over rows after? your rear delts had to be dead!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn that's some kickass time!! Did that bar give you a little reminder it was there and wasn't just gonna let you body slam it repeatedly ? I hate when I do **** like that but I try to ignore it and just not doit again but stay on pace.
Those DB snatches were brutal I bet with the bent over rows after? your rear delts had to be dead!!
No doubt, rear delts, hell, all of my pull muscles got worked hard on this one. Next workout focuses more on some pushing movements and i get to bench heavy for the first time in about 6 weeks. Seems I hit my 365 max about then and haven't done any heavy benching since. Curious how much of that I still have in the tank. It was on the 3 EPI-GH a day and 40mg of Osta then. So if I get close after being off for this long and not lifting this movement heavy I will be ecstatic.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Dang, the Willie Wonka comments! Had me laughing in here! Christmas time is to enjoy, January is to refocus!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We are the type to keep getting up for sure!
Dang, the Willie Wonka comments! Had me laughing in here! Christmas time is to enjoy, January is to refocus!
Have to find some humor in your faults right. No need to be solemn about it. I am definitely in on the refocusing too!

Here was the workout from last night.

Burgener Warmup x 5 minutes

Super Set 1
Bench Press - 95x10, 135x5, 225x5, 245x3, 275x3, 335x1, 345xF -
DB Farmers Walk - 50lbs x 50 yards x 5 rounds

Superset 2
DB Swings 50x15, 15, 15
Close Grip Bench Press 185x10, 185x10, 195x10

Superset 3
Barbell Curls - 65x20, 80x15, 90x10, 65x20
Cross Body Band Triceps Extension - max reps x 4 sets - thick orange band

Suicide Sprints 2 x 50 yards

I was a little disappointed with my bench last night. I knew it would be lower, I hadn't lifted bench heavy in at least 6 weeks, so it was to be expected. However I was hoping for less than a 30 lb drop. I blame some of that on poor preparation for a max attempt. I didn't have any carbs yesterday since focusing on trimming back down quickly. I will add them back in next week but as for right now keeping them to post workout. So I didn't carb up in a few days before lifting which obviously effects performance. I was actually happy to get the 335 up after how heavy the 225x5 felt. I could tell my CNS didn't have a clue what was going on. Between that and lower blood sugar I just felt weak. Oh well we all have those days and let's be honest if 335 is what I get on a day I feel weak I am okay with that! Other than that the rest of the workout went well. I am ready for tomorrow's lift already!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Yeah, never feel bad when you can hit 335! Bench is the one that will drop off the quickest when you take an extended break.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, never feel bad when you can hit 335! Bench is the one that will drop off the quickest when you take an extended break.
Amen to that! I am trying to figure out which Powerlifting federation and meet I want to do this year and start changing up my training somewhat to really focus on the big 3 lifts a little more directly.

Any of the PL guys in here have any suggestions for organizations? I want to do RAW, not suited up.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Knee wraps or no? I've always had good experiences with USPA meets.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be happy with a 335 press. At least until I eyed another 2.5#...

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definitely think that 335 is great especially with not carbs and it being such a surprise for your body! Awesome work as always!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!