• Established
Ultimate Goal

1) Overcome my depression and anxiety
2) Lead a healthy lifestyle in ALL aspects
3) GRADUATE COLLEGE!!!
4) After graduation minimize time in the gym to big lifts
5) Get out and live life

Stats

Height: 5'10"-5'11" (I'm shrinking, I blame squats)
Weight: 177.2lbs (weighed in this morning)
Ectomorph

Years Training: 11
Smart Training: 4.5

Maxes

Back Squat: 275x2 (used to be 315)
Front Squat: 245
Deadlift OH/UH: 385

Hang Clean: 165
Push Press: 155x3

Goals

1) Stay consistent and motivated without over-training or putting too much emphasis on working out
2) Increase strength and power
3) Bring up lagging bodyparts
4) Rehab Left Knee

Training Style

A combination of Prilepin's Table, Boris Sheiko's ideas on volume, and Westside Training.

As of now I only have one set of bands. I hope to gain access to a Westside gym after I graduate so I can incorporate a lot more Westside training into my routines.

Background

I've always known I was depressed. In high school I used to joke about it all the time never realizing the consequences of not getting help. My family is very old school and has a negative view on getting help from psycologists and psychiatrists. It was hard for me to reach out and actually get help but with the help of a really close friend I was able to do so.

My entire 20s have been so repetitive its frustrating, nauseating, and depressing. I've spent the majority of the last 10 years in my room or seriously doing absolutely nothing. I've ****ed up every relationship I had pushing away family and friends. I've been seeing both a psychologist and a psychiatrist but I have decided to come off my meds, Lexapro. It's supposed to help with depression but how the hell is it suppose to help if it kills your libido???

Anyway, my problem with working out is I get too obsessive with it and over train. When I was younger it seems like exercising was able to keep my depression in check however at times I get too obsessive and all I can think about is training. Sometimes if I leave my room its only to train and then I come back home. I've been putting too much emphasis on exercising, specifically weight training. It's important for me to do something everyday but I need to keep it in check and do it early in the day and then get out and do what I have to do.

My hope is that with the program I have set up I can workout almost everyday doing something while not overtraining. I hope to keep to an early schedule and go to class everyday like I'm suppose to; I've been so close to graduating for the past 2 years now its pathetic.

Alright enough babbling, my program starts today and I'll be heading to the gym in a few. The program I have set up is supposed to last about 7 months about the time I'm suppose to graduate so wish me luck and here we go...........

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with everything,... I just want to add that you should talk to your DR. about ssdi's, as they don't interfere with your libido like ssri's do.
As far as training, less is definitely more!!

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with everything,... I just want to add that you should talk to your DR. about ssdi's, as they don't interfere with your libido like ssri's do.
As far as training, less is definitely more!!
ssdi = social security death index?? j/k

That was what came up when I googled it.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll make sure I look into it.

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Supplements (Yes, I know I'm a supp whore)

Staples:

MVP
Orange Triad
Beta Alanine
Glutamine
Taurine
AAKG
Cissus
RPM
Jacked
Purple Wraath
Xtend
Bulk NP EAA/BCAA
Kwik Karb
Scivation Whey
Poseidon
ZMK
Valerian Root
Probiotic Defense

Other Supps:

Muscle Milk
VPX MRP
PSlin
AP
Nocturnabol
Cordygen5

and a cupboard full of other stuff

A couple cycles I'll be doing during this log:

Epistane Pulse
Prime
IGF-2
maybe some sort of cut too

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Day #1 01/05/09 - Lower Body

Workout - Lower Body
Intensity of Primary Exercises - 60-69% of 1RM

Exercises:

Abs - Cable Rotations / Pull Down Abs

Back Squat (parallel)
Total Weight: 6570lbs
Total Reps: 36

Box Squat (above parallel)
Total Weight: 10725
Total Reps: 43

Pullthroughs
Standing Calf Raises

Diet

C/P/F 490.28g/257.86g/48.11g

3425 Calories

Notes

Workout was good and very tiring. Yesterday I felt lazy and went for a run and went to the gym in my apartment complex and did a lot of light weight clean and press and BB bent rows from the ground which apparently took its toll on my back. I didn't realize it until I got in the gym but my hams, quads and lower back were sore. I got severe back pumps and had to increase the rest time on a lot of sets and use my weight belt for the Box Squats. I was still able to get done in a little over an hour and I completed all the reps I had set out to do so I'm happy.

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Day #2 01/06/09 - OFF

Yea so I couldn't sleep very well last night it was really hot in my room. We have the AC set to 70 I woke up and put it down to 69. I also felt like I was getting sick so I downed some alka-seltzer, vitamin C, and vitamin E.

My quads are really sore today and as the day goes on I'm sure my hams will get real sore too. I usually don't get really sore but since this is my first 'real' workout coming back from winter break and I'm getting back on all my supps (I didn't want to tug around a bag full of supps over my vacation) I guess it's to be expected.

Usually I'd go to the gym today and do extremely light weight power exercises but since I did clean and press on Sunday I'm going to take today off and rest. It's good anyway since my throat is sore and I feel slightly sick.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
No,no,no ssdi's work on the dopamine instead of serotonin as ssri's do. Sorry for the confusion!!

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Day #3 01/07/09 - Upper Body

Workout - Upper Body
Intensity of Primary Exercises - 80-89% of 1RM

Exercises:

Abs - Decline Bench work

DB Bent Rows- x1x
Total Weight: 6170
Total Reps 34

BB Incline Press - x1x & Alternating grips
Total Weight: 4710
Total Reps:39

Shoulder Snatch
Maxed Out: 90x2

DB Lying Incline Kelso Shrugs - x1x
Pullovers - EZ Bar from the ground
DB Seat Rear Lateral Raise
Inc Curls
BB Seat Wrist Curls - Extensors & Flexors

Diet

C/P/F 325g/298.5g/53.55g

2975.95 Calories

Notes

Still sick today and had a horrible nights sleep. I actually slept for 4 hours got up had my 1st meal and went back to sleep for 4 hours, got up and went to the gym.

Workout was good but way too long, part of the reason is I'm not on my early schedule and I'm going in the mid-afternoon when it's really busy. Overall it was a good workout, I found my max on Shoulder Snatches so now I can set those up accordingly. Also, I surprised myself on the pullovers, the weight I expected to lift was very easy so I increased the reps from 10 to 20.

Definitely didn't eat enough today looking at my intake. I haven't been preparing my food ahead of time because I'm sick and lazy so hopefully I will do it tomorrow.

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
I'm very interested in this. I will be watching. So far good posts.

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Day #4 01/08/09 - OFF

Diet

c/p/f 430.56g/241g/68.7g

3304.54 Calories

I took off today but I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. I have a lot of soreness in my upper body. I'm really not used to being sore it feels good, but I hope my supps kick in soon.

Diet was good but I ate a lot of lunch meat which caused my sodium intake to be really high apparently 7606mg. So I expect to be bloated tomorrow. I also attribute most of the calories to natty pb and apples i ate while I played video games, about 1000 calories.

I was also only awake for about 14 hours because I'm going to work my way back to an early schedule.

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Day #5 01/09/09 - Lower Body

Workout - Lower Body
Intensity of Primary Exercises - 70-79% of 1RM

Exercises:

Abs - Cable Rotations / Pull Down Abs

Leg Press

Deadlift - OH/UH Thick Bar
Total Weight: 7985
Total Reps: 27

Racklift (Found New Max)
Seated Calf Raises - x1x

Diet

Hard to tell how much I ate because I cooked fried chicken breast with wheat flour and peanut oil but safe to say I got enough to eat.

Notes

Workout was good, my forearms were sore from the other day as I had a hard time with my grip even while warming up. I had major back pumps again so I had to increase the rest times to greater than 60 seconds and use my weight belt. I finished my workout in a little over an hour.

I can tell I've gained a few inches in the waist because I've been slacking on the cardio this week and it was evident when I could barely get my weight belt (size small) on.

I'll be increasing my cardio over the next few weeks once I get back into the swing of things.

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Day #6 01/10/09 & Day #7 01/11/09 - OFF

I didn't workout at all this weekend I'm still a little sick but getting better.

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Day #8 01/12/09 - Upper Body

Workout - Upper Body
Intensity of Primary Exercises - 60-69% of 1RM

Exercises:

Abs - Cable Rotations & Pulldown Abs

Free Weight Machine Pulldown - Alternating & Holding at the Bottom
Total Weight: 4950
Total Reps: 30

Decline BB Press - x1x
Total Weight: 4990
Total Reps: 33

BB Shrugs

Corner Press
Total Weight: 1460
Total Reps: 28

JM Press
BB Upright Row
Preacher Curls
Pinch Grip

Notes

Everything was good today except I went late to the gym and it was hectic. The pulldowns really got to my back. Now that I hold one side close to my body while I work the other I noticed that this machine kicks the crap out of my lats. I think I finally found the secret to working lats, pausing with the x1x method or alternating sides while holding one side close to you.

Diet

I just realized its hard to calculate how much I'm eating when I make my own fried chicken so suffice it to say I got enough to eat today.

From now on I wont note my diet unless I feel like it was ineffiecient

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Day #9 01/13/09 - OFF

Another off day, my back is really sore but its cool because I used to never be able to get my upper back sore.

This will be the last OFF day that I record as I don't deem them necessary.

M

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Day #10 01/14/09 - Lower Body

Workout - Lower Body
Intensity of Primary Exercises - 80-89% of 1RM

Exercises:

Abs - Cable Rotations & Pulldown Abs

Front Squat
Total Weight: 5200
Total Reps: 26

Romanian DL
GoodMornings
Leg Press Calf Raise - x1x

Notes

Good workout. I didn't think about it but during my front squats I tried doing 4 reps per set and as I neared 90% I failed to get 4. I don't wait for complete recovery between sets because I don't go to failure every set so I came a little too close today. I was taking 45 second rest in between sets until I failed to get my last rep on my 4th set. I lowered it down to 3 reps for my final 2 sets, adding a set just because I felt like it.