weight loss has slowed...looking for eca dose recommendation

Cordwood

Awards
I'm looking for input on what others do for eca dosing.

I'm 6'4, about 222, just turned 30. I changed my eating habits and started exercising in January with a goal of getting healthier by my July birthday. I started at 268 and have done pretty good with a 2k cal diet and 3-5 days a week of the gym, which includes lifiting and 30 minutes of 150 bbm heart rate eliptical. I've made good progress, but bf% is still low 20's. I've refined my program and eating habits as I've gone along, but things have slowed down. I'm planning to work into more of a dedicated lifting program this fall to build some much needed muscle, but was hoping to be closer to at least 15% before starting.

So, after lurking this site for several months, I started taking eca. I got some primatene, 100mg caffine tablets, and some asprin. I had started by just taking 2 primatene, 200 mg caffine, and one 325mg asprin, early in the morning, and that was it. I'm thinking should be taking more than that. I also read the article yesterday about cutting your dose in half and taking it every 2 hours. I'm not really sure what my dose should even be.

What do other's take?

Thanks
Eric

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
25/200 and the aspirin has been taken off the stack. some will dose this 2 or 3 times a day but thats a lot for me.

Cordwood

Awards
I've been taking 12/100 every 2-3 hours. doing 25/200 2 or 3 times a day would be a lot easier.

why no asprin anymore? I havent figure out yet what the asprin was for in the first place.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
25mg of Ephe/ 200mg of Caffiene.

do this 3x times a day.

If it is too strong cut back to 2x times a day.

Asprin was originally thought to facilitate the prolonging of the thermogenic effects of E/C, however I think this was later on proved not to be essential.

At any rate, asprin is not good for your stomach.

Lander

Lander

Awards
The aspirin thins your blood too, which helps. I took the EC stack for awhile with no aspirin and it worked well for me. I got some pure stuff though, the Guafesien (sp) in the over the counter stuff sucks ass after the first week. I felt very lethargic.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I think the aspirin is good if you prone to hbp other than that, you can take it out.

Cordwood

Awards
eca

alright, I cut it out today. I'll do 25/200 twice a day for a few days, maybe step up to 3. you do this about every 4 hours, right?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I do:

1. Right in the morning. Roll out of bed and slap it down on an empty stomach

2. Right before lunch

3. Right before dinner

I'm sure there are probably more optimal ways, but I just do that ^

Cordwood

Awards
does 600 mg of caffine seem like a lot, or is it just me?

what sort of results are people seeing with this, over just regular diet/exercise? I'm struggling with these last ~30 lbs of fat.

william3162

Board Supporter
Awards
two doses of 25/200 e/c will be enough for most people independently of being over 200 lbs. If you want to prolong thermo effects a baby aspirin would work, but you can still see significant results without it.

nsr54

nsr54

Awards
I remember reading in a guys sig. that he sells an ECA stack, ive heard some great things about the stack that he puts together. BUT i cant seem to thing of the guys name right off the top of my head, can anyone help me here?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

what sort of results are people seeing with this, over just regular diet/exercise? I'm struggling with these last ~30 lbs of fat.
Its a bit high if its all at once, for a whole day its not bad. remember that 100mg is in a cup of coffee, and that is an 8oz cup. I often will drink a 24oz cup in one sitting...

Just FYI, a nice transformation contest going on, if you apply and are selected, you would get 2 months free of Leviathan and Incarnate, which could help with your goals

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/72393-palo-alto-labs-3.html

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

600 mg is quite a bit, but it works well at that dose.
You should not be looking for results taking this instead of haveing a good diet and excercise routine. Combine the ECA with diet/excersise the pounds will melt off! I lost 10% BF in about 5-6 months last year.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there a particular reason you wanted to go with ECA rather than some other available products? Just thinking that there are quite a number of supplements available too

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is there a particular reason you wanted to go with ECA rather than some other available products? Just thinking that there are quite a number of supplements available too
He must know that ECA is the best. I think it is at least. :cheers:

Cordwood

Awards
the contest looks interesting. Unfortunately I don't know half the answers of what's required. endo, ecto, beta alanine....huh? I was considering the leviathan. I actually put in for the free sample a few weeks ago but never got it.

I already have a descent diet going exercise program. There is room for improvement in it, but I've been very dedicated to it since January. I'm about 2 lbs down with almost 2 weeks of eca, which makes 48 total.

I chose to try the eca because I took the original xenadrine years ago and it worked good. I wasnt even dieting or exercising then. I plan to try the leviathan, I just wanted to put a month or two into eca first. I really want to lose 15-20 more lbs before trying to build some descent muscle and it's coming hard, so I'm open to anything. Really trying not to lose any muscle, just fat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the contest looks interesting. Unfortunately I don't know half the answers of what's required. endo, ecto, beta alanine....huh? I was considering the leviathan. I actually put in for the free sample a few weeks ago but never got it.

I already have a descent diet going exercise program. There is room for improvement in it, but I've been very dedicated to it since January. I'm about 2 lbs down with almost 2 weeks of eca, which makes 48 total.

I chose to try the eca because I took the original xenadrine years ago and it worked good. I wasnt even dieting or exercising then. I plan to try the leviathan, I just wanted to put a month or two into eca first. I really want to lose 15-20 more lbs before trying to build some descent muscle and it's coming hard, so I'm open to anything. Really trying not to lose any muscle, just fat.
I'd go with reapers suggestion then, maybe look at adding CLA or fish oils as additional supplementation too, just be careful to count their calories too. 9g of oils in supplements is still 81 calories. Not huge, but thats the same as 2 slices of hi fiber whole grain bread... But it sounds like you are reaching that point where relative to height you are where I am - around 15-16% bodyfat. That is a pretty "normal" bodyfat level, and that is where it starts getting harder to loose more.

It slowing down isn't all bad, if you still are loosing half a pound a week that means 26lbs in a year. Because its really all about your long term health you have to keep in mind that its a marathon, not a sprint :) So its more about building the habits so you stay lean over time, and not yoyo up and down.

IainDaniel

Awards
Looks to me like your diet might be the issue.

You started cutting in January at 268lbs at 2000 cals a day, and have maintained that kcal in take?

Sounds to me like you need some sort of refeed, or a week of maint.

Cordwood

Awards
I maintained 2000 cal +/- 200, pretty strictly up to around June. I always had 1 cheat day, which I tried to be reasonable about, but would total me around 2500-2800 for that day.

Since June, I've been in the 2200-2500 range, still with the cheat day. Some days are still 2k. I've also put way more effort into lifting, but I still always do 30 minutes of the eliptical after lifting.

I'm planning to eat about 4k cal this fall when building muscle. I have some cheaper bf calipers, and I'm in the 21% range. Cant imagine what it was at 268lbs. It would be nice to at least be more towards 15% before upping the calories and bulking, but it might take a few months of higher cal and bulking, then cutting, to melt through the rest of this fat.

what would be a good maint cal intake. I have no problem trying it for a week.

Oh, I do take fish oil pills. I'll have to research what CLA is. I've also been drinking Xtend when at the gym.

BigAsTheSky

Awards
The original studies on ECA were done at 20mg Ehp HCL and 200 Mg caffeine... 1/10 ratio. Unfortunately no one makes a 20 mg ehp so everyone just went with 25... not much change in results. The half life of eph is about 4 hours and that's a pretty good spread. I've actually taken it to 4x daily for a few weeks with a 3 hours spread but it really didn't do much more.

Just a word of advise... get something to help you sleep. I used Melatonin and it worked pretty well. Also, to help you wind down don't take it after 4pm, that way it has time to work out of your system by bed time.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
theres also non-stim products like DCP or cAMPHIBOLIC if you can find it that are great for thermogenic and other fat loss, but are able to be taken right before bed