Cardio before or after workout?

BAMAJAS

Awards
When should I do cardio and for how long? Before wourkout or after? I know this is a general question, but I am new to this and need some help.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
If attempting to retain muscle mass or recomp - after.

If cutting, then first thing in the AM.

IMO.

\_JIMBO_/

\_JIMBO_/

Awards
agreed with the above. Try to seperate cardio and weights. AM cardio is considered the best. If you're going to do it post workout be sure to sip some whey throughout your workout or prior to the cardio and after.

BAMAJAS

Awards
agreed with the above. Try to seperate cardio and weights. AM cardio is considered the best. If you're going to do it post workout be sure to sip some whey throughout your workout or prior to the cardio and after.
Should I not do cardio on workout days? How many days a week should I do cardio?

\_JIMBO_/

\_JIMBO_/

Awards
Well, thats kind of up to you and how your body reacts. Cardio on workout days is fine. I will usually do cardio up to 3 times a week in the early AM, like on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. I'll wake and do 20 mins of intense cardio around 6 a.m. then come back and eat. Later in the day (Around 4 or 5 pm) Ill lift.

R3d

R3d

Awards
Should I not do cardio on workout days? How many days a week should I do cardio?
What are your goals?

HIIT or LISS?

HIIT=3x a week max.
LISS=Whatever you feel comfortable with. I've personally done it 5x a week.

BAMAJAS

Awards
What are your goals?

HIIT or LISS?

HIIT=3x a week max.
LISS=Whatever you feel comfortable with. I've personally done it 5x a week.
Not sure what HIIT and LISS are. I am trying to leaner and gain some muscle mass.

BigMatty

Awards
hiit= high intensity interval training
liss= low intensity something...

BigMatty

Awards
Not sure what HIIT and LISS are. I am trying to leaner and gain some muscle mass.
then you want to do your cardio after your workout and at low intensity. meaning keep your heartrate towards the lower end for fatburning. like 60% of your max hr