Flax Oil and Weight Loss

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
I'm now taking Flax for weight loss and it's working. My question is can I take it every day for a drawn-out effect or is it better to take it when your body needs a "kick-start" to start burning body fat during the day?

roadrage

Awards
Flax oil for weight loss? That's interesting. I hadn't heard that flax oil was good for weight loss. How long have you been using it?

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
1 day actually.

Took 4000 mg in one shot. (4 pills total) and weighed in at 11:30 pm and shaved 4 lbs off of my weight. (I kid you not, I'm seriously not making this up, I was freakin shocked)

blahblah192

Banned
Awards
Not the flax. Did you weigh yourself on the same scale? How much water did you drink? What was your physical activity that day? No way did you lose 4lbs in one day because of flax. Make sure to drink at least 1 gal of water per day. You calories should also only be like 10-15% of your maintenance cals. 4 lbs is to much for 1 week let alone one day.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Yeah I dunno, it was the same scale I use all the time. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. Weird...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 day actually.

Took 4000 mg in one shot. (4 pills total) and weighed in at 11:30 pm and shaved 4 lbs off of my weight. (I kid you not, I'm seriously not making this up, I was freakin shocked)

If you're not weighing yourself on the same scale, on the same surface, at the same time; you are only setting yourself up for a huge dissappointment later on down the road.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
If you're not weighing yourself on the same scale, on the same surface, at the same time; you are only setting yourself up for a huge dissappointment later on down the road.
Yeah i was doing almost all that except at the same time (@#$% %$#@!) grrr... freakin scale... *looks for 8 lb sledgehammer*

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah i was doing almost all that except at the same time (@#$% %$#@!) grrr... freakin scale... *looks for 8 lb sledgehammer*
Yeah, I like to weigh myself first thing in the morning, and when I get home from work (12 hours later). The weight difference is 7lbs (on average). And before you say, "Geez, what do you eat for lunch?", tuna and oats. :D

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
I'm now taking Flax for weight loss and it's working. My question is can I take it every day for a drawn-out effect or is it better to take it when your body needs a "kick-start" to start burning body fat during the day?
Weight loss or not, you should be getting EFAs in some form everyday. If Flax/Flax Oil is your source, continue to take it everyday, bulking or cutting.

Beebs

Awards
I always record my weight on Monday mornings to get the most accurate number from week to week.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always record my weight on Monday mornings to get the most accurate number from week to week.
that's good. weighing yourself too frequently can sometimes cause you to lose motivation.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
It's absolutely critical that you weigh yourself at the same time everyday. First thing in the morning is the best. Weight can easily fluctuate by +-5 lbs throughout the day depending on what you eat and drink, exercising, going to the bathroom, etc. (Trust me, I know, I used to wrestle which sometimes meant dropping 7-10 lbs in 24 hours.)

monsterboy

Awards
Weighing yourself in the morning is probably the best time. Right after you use the bathroom the first time. Your system is at its cleanest at this point so you should get your most consistent results.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Ic. Well thanks guys. So what are these non stimulant cutters I keep hearing about?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ic. Well thanks guys. So what are these non stimulant cutters I keep hearing about?
Got search? There's a whole bunch.:study:

Maybe try looking up Sesamin, TTA, OEA, Guggul, Forskolin, ECGC, Capsaicin, SEA, Bacopa Monnieri, and heaven forbid a search for "non-stimulant fatloss"

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used to lose 6lbs per practice during wrestling season. obviously it was water weight.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Yeah I did a search.

I'm liking cAMP. But is there anything I should know before I use the stuff?

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I used to lose 6lbs per practice during wrestling season. obviously it was water weight.
Haha yup. 2 lbs was an easy practice right before a meet. 4-5 lbs was normal. 7-8 lbs meant our coach was pissed about something and was kicking our ass.

monsterboy

Awards
6lbs during wresting practice was definitely mostly water weight. The most calories you could probably burn is 1,500 to 2000 at most. 1lb of fat is about a 3,500 calories differential.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
6lbs during wresting practice was definitely mostly water weight. The most calories you could probably burn is 1,500 to 2000 at most. 1lb of fat is about a 3,500 calories differential.
Obviously. It was virtually all water weight as far as I'm concerned.