Whats really good and bad?

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
Is it ok to drink Diet Sodas and Iced Teas?
To eat late at night?
Is it ok to eat alot (I mean alot) of food in the morning and taper down as the day progresses?
Can u over do protein intake?

Well i know these maybe alot of noob questions but i've always wondered them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it ok to drink Diet Sodas and Iced Teas?
To eat late at night?
Is it ok to eat alot (I mean alot) of food in the morning and taper down as the day progresses?
Can u over do protein intake?

Well i know these maybe alot of noob questions but i've always wondered them.
1. It is ok as long as its in moderation
2. Depends what you are eating at night. Personally I have a protein shake with almonds or PB.
3. If you are bulking then it should not be a huge problem, but cutting is a different story. While cutting it is ideal to keep your blood sugar stable and it seems that your glucos would get low at night which can lead to cheating on your diet.
4. Yes; the exact number is difficult to pin down, but most beginners overdo protein and neglect good carbs and EFAs.

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
well if diet soda and diet iced tea doesnt have any calories or anything why do i have to drink it in moderation?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Unlike water, diet sodas do not provide any hydration, and the sweetness of them can lead to carb cravings. Iced teas are better in this regard (the diet variety), but some of the diet ones are not totally sugar free. Really, for weightloss, nothing beats taking in 1-2 gallons of water per day.

ManBeast

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well if diet soda and diet iced tea doesnt have any calories or anything why do i have to drink it in moderation?
Most use aspartame as a sweetener and it has been shown that aspartame is an appetite stimulant. Also, as MB said, they will leach water out of your system.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
4. Yes; the exact number is difficult to pin down, but most beginners overdo protein and neglect good carbs and EFAs.
I'd just like to add that anywhere between 1g/lb upto ~1.5g/lb should be plenty.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd just like to add that anywhere between 1g/lb upto ~1.5g/lb should be plenty.
I would agree with this and I really don't understand why some people think that you only need protein to gain mass. Carbs are just as important as protein while gaining mass or leaning out.

HairyLarry35

Awards
Check out this thread --> http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/52263-diet-soft-drinks.html

Diet sodas are okay in moderation... but then again, so are most things. But a perfect example of excess is when people go on their first time bulks: they over due the protein (which is already mentioned by Rodja.)

Personally, I'd avoid the soda. Period. Get a nalgene or some sort of big bottle, fill it up with water, and drink. You can over due H2O intake, too but most people don't drink enough water as is.

HL