Someone Help, Please!

deaconbill

Awards
I am 47, 6', 200lbs and have been lifting hard since June of this year being motivated originally by the Body for Life transformations.  I fell in love with lifting but I still want to see major changes.  I have been getting progressively stronger and my muscles have responded well in most places even though the transformation has been nothing like the BFL guys but that isn't the point of this thread.    My question is:  I am 9 days into my first cycle with T-1 Pro at moderate dosing with 400mg of boldione.  My increases in lifting and my intensity levels are great!  I'm around 16% BFI.  The cycle is to be a bulking cycle followed by one month cutting for an event on New Years.  One, is this a reasonable expectation, ie, one month bulk on T-1 and boldinone and one month cut?  Two, I feel I have been eating alot and yet my intake is 2000cal with 230gm carb, 24gm fat and 200gm protein suppl with EFA, glutamine, C, E, and flax oil.  My question and my concern is, I have not lost much around my waist since June and since my cycle began, nine days ago, I have seemed to have gained an inch there.  I'm confused and discouraged, feeling as though I've tried to do everything right.  What should I do?  Thanks!  

deaconbill

Awards
By the way, that is not my picture, it's Frank Zane.  LOL  Gotta have something to shoot for.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
You are on the t1. That has allot of 4-ad. It is probably water. i would not worry about it. You can't gain that much fat in 9 days.. Hope that helps.. Talk to ya

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
curt, deaconbill says he using T-1 pro (w/ 5 g 4-ad) but as he said, i wouldnt worry too much about your gain with your cycle cuz a week and a half a good length, but long enough to worry tremendously that its mostly fat you gained. sounds like you have a decent base to work with at 6 feet and 200 lbs. if i were you deaconbill, i would have used the t-1 pro to start off on your cutting. with your efa, glutamine along with your vitamins and flax, those could be in a bulking cycle but most popular (and affective) in a cut. at 16% and sounding like you want to lean down....so drop the bulk, dont worry about increasing you calorie intake and, focus on cutting. for you to maintain your weight of around 200, and at your height....dropping your bf% from 16 to lets say low teens should give a noticable difference and structure man.

deaconbill

Awards
Thanks, I appreciate your comments.  Any ideas on my diet, ie, total calories and breakdown, to go on cutting cycle?  Like I said, my intensity and desire are there, it's just the knowledge and mixed info I get that confuses me.  I will be taking Hydroxycut when I cut.  Thanks!

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thanks, I appreciate your comments.  Any ideas on my diet, ie, total calories and breakdown, to go on cutting cycle?  Like I said, my intensity and desire are there, it's just the knowledge and mixed info I get that confuses me.  I will be taking Hydroxycut when I cut.  Thanks!
Burn more calories than you consume. An ECA and cardio will help that greatly, find out your maintainence number of calories multiply that by 7 and thats how many cals. you need a week to stay the same weight, subtract 3500 from that and thats how many you need to lose 1lb a week and so on, but remember more than 2 or 3 pounds a week loss is probably not too healthy, after the 1st week of course since you will lose a good bit of water at the beginning.

deaconbill

Awards
Thanks.  What will work to get the water weight out after my cycle?

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
bump on the responses.. I would kill the bulk... You only have a month to do it and your not getting nearly enough calories... at your weight, 2000 calories should be used for cutting.  In which case, I would take the above advice..and keep around the same calories (IE - 10 cals per lb - standard for cutting). 

Kay

Awards
bump on the responses.. I would kill the bulk... You only have a month to do it and your not getting nearly enough calories... at your weight, 2000 calories should be used for cutting.  In which case, I would take the above advice..and keep around the same calories (IE - 10 cals per lb - standard for cutting). 

I agree there completely, 2000 calories is on the low side for bulking, especially for someone of your size. I am 6feet and 206, and for bulking I have to eat around 3500 to 4000 calories. I have to actively eat, and sometimes its hard to force grilled chicken down your throat ! So if you wanna bulk up, up those calories fast... oatmeal is a really good source.
Add a lot of fruit juices, but take them with protein so they are absorbed slower. MAke sure you eat a variety of proteins, and do ingest ~60g of fat/day. EFA's are good, if you like seafood, props to you, chow down that tuna.

Also, ensure a lot of simple carbs immidiately post workout to curb cortisol levels and illicit insulin release for greater uptake of protein. Try to injest about 100grms of protein within 1:30 hours post workout.

Invest in a good multi vitamin stack, maybe some chrysin (? this is still iffy, but i find it really helps me)

Eat a lot of carbs and some whey protein when you wake. Whey will get absorbed really fast here, but the real goal when you wake up is to replanish liver glycogen, this can be done with any protein source, but whey is the fastest acting.

Dont keep your workouts too long...... it takes about 45 - 60 minutes for the body to release cortisol during intense exercise. So you wanna keep that as a rough guide for a good threshold level.

Good luck

deaconbill

Awards
Thank you for your good advice.  I will try this level out.  For many years I haven't eaten enough and it is hard to get used to eating this much.  I thought my 2000cal day was alot.  Wow, 3500-4000.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
ha...yup, the 4000 cals seem like a plateau thats unreachable to ones that maintain around 2000 cal intake on average. takes me a good 3 weeks man coming off a cutting phase, to bump my calories from 2000-2300 to 3500+. (im trying to get there now) but i guess this a good problem to have (im sure there would be majority of people that would die to gain weight...)