carb-up pre contest

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
What are your favorite foods to carb up on the day of a contest or when you are taking pictures? I think pete enjoys snickers :D

WYD

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Tastycake Butterscotch Krimpets :D

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Hate to say it, but the best carb up I ever did (not for shows or pics, I dont do them) was a 12 pack of becks after 4 weeks of a keto diet. I had all 12 before bed and when I woke up, I was full as hell..it was really remarkable.

No I do not recommend this at all :D

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Hell yes!! Sounds like a plan to me! I imagine you'd have to do it overnight like wardog did to take advantage of the dehydration from the alcohol... Otherwise you'll come in all bloated :D

Timbo

Awards
Daddy, I'm not really sure if you're looking for advice or just wanting to see what crazy things others have eaten.

I've recently heard from a solid source, that the loading should begin about three days prior to showtime. On the first day, it's a pure carb-load. On the second day, you begin to fat-load. And, on the final day, anything goes...pies, ice cream, anything.

I can try to get some more info if you're interested.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
I believe that is called shitloading Tombo, and you can learn a lot about it from Sfzilla on 'bolex

Timbo

Awards
I see said the Blind Man. Good to meet up with ya, 'Dog. How goes it, brutha?

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
yeah, actually I was concerned with getting complex carbs... would it be a problem if I was to consume some throughout the day or should I strict to simples as much as possible