Buying food for now on...

builtolast

Awards
I've made a fateful decision at my young age. I've decided to forego all supplement purchases and buy bulk loads of food until I reach by physique goals. I've just realized how much I spend on supps. instead of on food. I barely have a specific diet because I don't have the money to buy the foods I require in significant amounts! This is ridiculous and I think not getting the RIGHT foods (and enough of them) have really hindered my gains. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Does anyone else have this problem besides me?

Anyways, I wanted to ask if anyone knew of some websites that sell decently priced organic foods?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i don't know any organic food places but i believe you've made a very wise decision to use food instead of supps. at your age bro, it's all you need.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
i don't know any organic food places but i believe you've made a very wise decision to use food instead of supps. at your age bro, it's all you need.
absolutely! Good decision. Eat!

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Excellent decision! Glad to see somone doing their homework and deciding to head in the right direction to making real gains. I can't recomment any websites, but Trader Joe's has an awesome selection of organic foods. Nice selection of frozen fish and meats, just had an unbelievable buffalo(bison) burger from there for lunch today. Less fat than beef and 40+ grams protein per burger. Not sure if Trader Joe's hasa website or ships that way, but try to find one in your area and take a field trip. It's worth it.

Good luck :thumbsup:

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
a very wise forum user once told me:

"put down the shake and pick up that steak"

words to live by.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Congrats brother. You should be proud!

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I also like whole foods over shakes Omar, definitely a good suggestion.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I also like whole foods over shakes Omar, definitely a good suggestion.
mmmmm chicken breast, cottage cheese, fruit. I actually started saving money eating healthy. Maybe in 3 months you'll have saved enough money to add in both angles.

If the foundation isn't strong, she's going to collapse. ;)

builtolast

Awards
mmmmm chicken breast, cottage cheese, fruit. I actually started saving money eating healthy. Maybe in 3 months you'll have saved enough money to add in both angles.

If the foundation isn't strong, she's going to collapse. ;)
This sounds about right fellas. Thanks for the ecnouragement. I've been meaning to make this change for awhile but just continued to be ingnorant of by horrible lack of dietary plannning. Now that gains start! :cheers:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'll say that I wish I dramatically decreased my supp intake when I was younger. I didn't run out of money for food, just wasted a lot on supps.

My view of protein shakes is that they definately have their place. So, I wouldn't give up those if you can afford it. I know I don't have time to cook 5 chicken breasts, a dozen eggs, etc. and sit down and eat them the next day at work. I work about 10 hours a day in a sort of desk job, but am on the go, in meetings, etc. So, shakes are the best way for me to get the protein that I need quickly (just mix and drink - less than 2 mins). I make sure to have all whole foods while at home though.

builtolast

Awards
I'll say that I wish I dramatically decreased my supp intake when I was younger. I didn't run out of money for food, just wasted a lot on supps.

My view of protein shakes is that they definately have their place. So, I wouldn't give up those if you can afford it. I know I don't have time to cook 5 chicken breasts, a dozen eggs, etc. and sit down and eat them the next day at work. I work about 10 hours a day in a sort of desk job, but am on the go, in meetings, etc. So, shakes are the best way for me to get the protein that I need quickly (just mix and drink - less than 2 mins). I make sure to have all whole foods while at home though.
Yeah, I'm still gonna keep buying some essentials: protein, a creatine, flax/fish oil, multi-vit, etc. As long as I have those and food I believe i'll do fine or better than I was before.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Alright, sounds better. There are some essential supps that I think no lifter should go without.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm glad to read this, a good organic food store is Whole Foods it has a great variety, and is located all over the country now.