Spurfyís Fasting Log

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Great info as always. I think I will give this a shot. I did a turpentine detox and I think I created a cytokines storm and my liver wasn’t able to process. Would diatomaceous earth be smart am and PM to try and pull any toxins?
    You'd be in the hospital if you had a cytokine storm -- this is a life-threatening condition and you'd feel the worst you've ever felt, like the worst alcohol hangover (which is mostly caused by pro-inflammatory cytokines, not dehydration as most people think) x 1000.

There's not really much I think you can do that your body isn't already going to be doing to rid yourself of these toxins. Stay hydrated, keep up your electrolytes, get enough sleep, and get fresh air/sunlight.

You may want to take a selenium supplement to assist in protecting against the detoxification of mercury (this is actually the mechanism of mercury toxicity -- selenium depletion).

I take high dose melatonin when I fast (20-30 mg/night) to help protect against the neurotoxic effects of all of these chemical nasties. You could give that a shot.
    Due to the large number of private messages I'm receiving asking about this: Yes I do offer online coaching services. PM me for details.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Spurfy View Post
    You'd be in the hospital if you had a cytokine storm -- this is a life-threatening condition and you'd feel the worst you've ever felt, like the worst alcohol hangover (which is mostly caused by pro-inflammatory cytokines, not dehydration as most people think) x 1000.

There's not really much I think you can do that your body isn't already going to be doing to rid yourself of these toxins. Stay hydrated, keep up your electrolytes, get enough sleep, and get fresh air/sunlight.

You may want to take a selenium supplement to assist in protecting against the detoxification of mercury (this is actually the mechanism of mercury toxicity -- selenium depletion).

I take high dose melatonin when I fast (20-30 mg/night) to help protect against the neurotoxic effects of all of these chemical nasties. You could give that a shot.
    Good to know. Iíve been taking 60mcg selenium BID
    •   

3. Description

Here we present a 3-year follow-up report of a case that was originally published in BMJ Case Reports in December 2015. Briefly, a 42-year-old woman presented to her primary physician with a palpable mass in her right inguinal region and was subsequently diagnosed with stage IIIa, grade 1 follicular lymphoma (FL). In November 2014, the patient arrived to TrueNorth Health Center (TNHC) and elected to undergo a 21-day medically supervised, water-only fast, after which she refed on an exclusively whole plant food diet free of added salt, oil and sugar (SOS-free), including refined carbohydrates, for 10 days. Over the course of treatment, her enlarged lymph nodes became impalpable. Follow-up CT scans confirmed reduction in size. She did not undergo standard cancer treatment, maintained the SOS-free diet, and was symptom-free at 3-month and 6-month follow-up visits.1

In November 2017, the patient returned to TNHC to complete a second water-only fast for the purpose of maintaining health. She reported following the SOS-free diet with minimal exceptions for the previous 3 years. A routine physical examination combined with complete blood count (CBC) and comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) laboratory testing indicated overall good health and maintenance of weight loss that occurred during her first visit. Remarkably, her lymph nodes were still impalpable. The patient reported that in December 2016 she had computed tomography (CT)/positron-emission tomography (PET) scans which showed no evidence of active disease, and her oncology visits had been reduced to once per year. In January 2018, follow-up CT/PET scans demonstrated that the axillary, supraclavicular and inguinal lymph nodes were normal in appearance (figure 1), and there was no evidence of hypermetabolic neoplasm.These observations indicate that the patient no longer has evidence of FL. The initial regression has persisted for 3 years with no additional intervention other than dietary change.

https://casereports.bmj.com/content/...cr-2018-225520
    Due to the large number of private messages I'm receiving asking about this: Yes I do offer online coaching services. PM me for details.

4. Fasting day 2:

Done.

5. Update

Starting weight (3/2): 222.8 lbs
    Today's weight (3/13): 205.6 lbs

I may or may not have utilized various tools in my arsenal of knowledge to facilitate this rapid weight loss.

Muscles are still very full.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Spurfy View Post
    Update

I may or may not have utilized various tools in my arsenal of knowledge to facilitate this rapid weight loss.

Spurfy poppin Clen, T3, and bath salts behind the scenes! 🤣

Im day 7 and canít do much physical else I gas. Upped my water/electrolytes but it seems to go through my GI.

How is your mood/outlook?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Spurfy View Post
    Update

You lost 17 pounds in 11 days?

I am hairy all over, like the crotch of a menopausal hippie woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Spurfy poppin Clen, T3, and bath salts behind the scenes! ��
    I will say this: High-potency forskolin extract is no joke.

Im day 7 and can’t do much physical else I gas. Upped my water/electrolytes but it seems to go through my GI.
    How is your mood/outlook?
    Depression gone.
    Apathy present.
    Temper shorter.
    Sleep atrocious.
    Z-E-R-O desire to eat.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Spurfy View Post
    I will say this: High-potency forskolin extract is no joke.

Depression gone.
    Apathy present.
    Temper shorter.
    Sleep atrocious.
    Z-E-R-O desire to eat.
    Which forskolin are you using? I've always loved the stuff but my go to is no longer fs. I did see a company selling 120 caps of 95% for a good price.
    Apex-Alchemy Rep

WWW.Apex-Alchemy.Com

10. Quote Originally Posted by GrizzleB View Post
    Which forskolin are you using? I've always loved the stuff but my go to is no longer fs. I did see a company selling 120 caps of 95% for a good price.
    Samsara Herbs Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract Powder 20:1

Dosage/frequency/method was told to me by the Oracle, so unfortunately I cannot share.

11. Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    Been pounding black coffee and I get jittery, but remain pretty hungry...
    It sounds like.you still need to fat adapt if your that consistently hungry. Ketones kinda feel like amphetamines to me. Once they get goin you arent gunna be terribly hungry, even afyer a long fast.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Fasted View Post
    It sounds like.you still need to fat adapt if your that consistently hungry. Ketones kinda feel like amphetamines to me. Once they get goin you arent gunna be terribly hungry, even afyer a long fast.
    Not doing keto. Just intermittent fasting
    But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:27

13. Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    Not doing keto. Just intermittent fasting
    Still should fat adapt by daily fasting if done right. Just slower.

14. Day 4

Woke up without even a hint of hunger. Pain levels and inflammation are much improved. Some changes to physique are already apparent. Muscles still very full. Slept like a baby last night.

I haven’t gotten cold once on this fast. It appears that forskolin is able to maintain metabolic rate even when T3 levels are low. And I know T3 levels are low because of my complete lack of appetite, even when I don’t take any forskolin.

15. Good stuff. Looked into that brand. I've. Only ever taken the 95% extracts. I'm worried the lower ones will cause GI distress but im willing to give it a shot.
    Apex-Alchemy Rep

WWW.Apex-Alchemy.Com

16. Quote Originally Posted by GrizzleB View Post
    Good stuff. Looked into that brand. I've. Only ever taken the 95% extracts. I'm worried the lower ones will cause GI distress but im willing to give it a shot.
    I’ve never had issues.

Also, there are other compounds in this plant besides forskolin that are likely beneficial.

Also, most supplement manufacturers probably lie about the potency of their extracts. Anything without a COA should not be considered as having the stated content, especially on the higher percentage extracts.

95% forskolin would be nearly crystalline in appearance and texture. And if going for 95%, why not just do the final purification step and recrystallize 99+% forskolin?

17. Went to an intake appointment to start seeing a therapist, first appointment is next week. I owe it to my son to give everything my all.

Also, fasting tip #214: On any day after 3 (I like 4 or 5), 12 oz of coconut flavored sparkling water with two packs of stevia and 4 oz of heavy cream makes a delicious and efficient way to *thoroughly* purge your liver, gall bladder, and intestines during a fast.

Is it cheating? Probably, but I don’t care — it’s a deep cleaning of some very important organs.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Spurfy View Post
    Went to an intake appointment to start seeing a therapist, first appointment is next week. I owe it to my son to give everything my all.

Also, fasting tip #214: On any day after 3 (I like 4 or 5), 12 oz of coconut flavored sparkling water with two packs of stevia and 4 oz of heavy cream makes a delicious and efficient way to *thoroughly* purge your liver, gall bladder, and intestines during a fast.

Is it cheating? Probably, but I donít care ó itís a deep cleaning of some very important organs.
    What are mechanisms behind this besides bile heavy production?

And for how long does the heavy cream disrupt (at all) autophagy.

19. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    What are mechanisms behind this besides bile heavy production?
    Heavy bile *release* — starting from deep inside the liver and going all the way down.

And for how long does the heavy cream disrupt (at all) autophagy.
    My guess is zero. Amino acids are the big trigger to turn off autophagy, glucose less so, fats little to none.

Amino acids are purely intended for anabolic processes — it would make no sense for the body to be simultaneously breaking down and building up, especially when autophagy during fasting is literally scavenging for amino acids.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Spurfy View Post
    Iíve never had issues.

Also, there are other compounds in this plant besides forskolin that are likely beneficial.

Also, most supplement manufacturers probably lie about the potency of their extracts. Anything without a COA should not be considered as having the stated content, especially on the higher percentage extracts.

95% forskolin would be nearly crystalline in appearance and texture. And if going for 95%, why not just do the final purification step and recrystallize 99+% forskolin?
    Maybe I'll give that brand a shot. Waiting on Tta500 to come back into stock then I'll get some cutting stuff on order.
    Apex-Alchemy Rep

WWW.Apex-Alchemy.Com

21. Day 5:

Taking a trip where it’s much warmer so I will not be back on here for a bit. Fasting will continue and I will update when it’s done or upon my return.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Spurfy View Post
    Day 5:

Taking a trip where itís much warmer so I will not be back on here for a bit. Fasting will continue and I will update when itís done or upon my return.
    Safe travels!

23. Checking in. I just ended my fast at day 12. Zero pain relief unfortunately and I donít have the space to go further really. Also have a medial meniscus tear.
    Started at 265lbs 4 weeks ago and a 5 day fast followed by a week of eating, followed by a 12 day fast and Iím down to 229lbs.

How is your fast going Spurf

24. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Checking in. I just ended my fast at day 12. Zero pain relief unfortunately and I don’t have the space to go further really. Also have a medial meniscus tear.
    Started at 265lbs 4 weeks ago and a 5 day fast followed by a week of eating, followed by a 12 day fast and I’m down to 229lbs.

How is your fast going Spurf
    36 lbs lost! WOW! Any perceived muscle/strength loss?
    I am hairy all over, like the crotch of a menopausal hippie woman.
  25. Spurfyís Fasting Log

Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    36 lbs lost! WOW! Any perceived muscle/strength loss?
    So by the science I would say I havenít lost much strength or muscle. However, I think the strength and ďmuscleĒ loss im perceiving actually the cns down regulating from not training, and the muscle is just Flat from glycogen depletion, fat loss, and not being trained.

I think I could swell back up to 260 in a matter of weeks and have same strength levels with diet and training, and as you know you donít put on 30lb of muscle this fast.

Sent a picture to my family of myself and scale and my dad replied this

ď200 lbs. would make you look gay, and I bet you look too skinny now...Ē

What was interesting is I was still having small bowel movements on day 12 of this nasty black looking stringy stuff. Mucoid plaque? Makes me think I have a ton of nasty **** I need to clean out. Iíll be fasting regularly. Also recurved stem cells today. The health journey continues. Anyways this isnít my log so enough about me
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 971
    Last Post: 03-15-2019, 10:52 PM
  2. Intermittent Fasting questions (also log)
    By rtmilburn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-21-2015, 11:45 PM
  3. ForeRunner Labs Logging Opportunities - Act Fast!
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 05:05 PM
  4. Replies: 889
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 07:16 AM
  5. Fast Action MD1T Log
    By whitedevil74 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 05:24 PM