Cutting stack advice

1. Cutting stack advice

Trying to cut before summer where Iíll be spending 2 weeks down in the Florida keys. Last year was not good for me and ended up putting on close to 25 pounds of bad weight. For the past 6 weeks Iíve cut down from 205 to 193 pretty easily just by cleaning up my diet and being more consistent at the gym but am looking to add some supplements to get back down to my original weight of 180.

Stats:
    5í9Ē
    193 lbs
    Bf 15-17% mirror estimation

Meals

Overnight oats
    - 1/2 cup oatmeal
    - 2 tbsp PB2
    - 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    - 1 scoop protein powder
    340 cal. 7g/35g/36g

Ground turkey breast and rice
    - 8 oz ground turkey breast
    - 1/2 cup cooked jasmine rice
    342 cal. 2g/22.5g/58g

1500 - Pre workout
    - 2 tbsp PB2
    - 2 pieces whole grain bread
    270 cal. 6g/47g/15g

1630 - Post workout
    - 8 oz ground turkey breast
    - 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
    - 1/2 avocado
    562 cal. 12.5g/51g/62.5g

- 1 cup reduced fat cottage cheese
    180 cal. 5g/8g/26g
    - 2 oz deli ham

Total
    1452 cal. 27g/154g/169g

Possible stack as of right now:
    - PES Tru-Multi
    - OL Assass1nate
    - OL Forslean
    - OL Testify
    - SNS Yohimbine Hcl
    - SNS Caffeine

Have used ECY/ECA in the past but do not want to risk using it now as it is banned by the DOD and the possibility of false positives on random drug tests.

2. Also I left out vegetables but I try to eat broccoli, spinach, or some other type of green with every main meal. Donít track macros for vegetables so didnít include them.
    •   

3. Supplements look fine nothing Iíd say would need to be changed there.

I do think those calories look really low and feel that would be hard to sustain. Especially that low of fat.

4. Call me crazy but 1452cal a day at 195 seems a bit low. How much weight are you trying to lose per month? Whats your training like?

I would be concerned that you are going to feel like crap at that low a caloric intake and that would affect training and the ability to maintain the diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
    https://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/308898-gerbils-semi-triumphant.html

5. Calories are probably closer to 1800-1900 in reality, without measuring its hard to be certain so I aim low. Will be picking up a scale to weight out food soon so I can keep better track.

Training consists of morning squad PT Mon-Friday which I have no control over and could range from circuit weight training, long distance run, or a 4-5 mile ruck.

Lifting in afternoons consists of 3 day split 2x a week with Sunday being my rest day.

Also am currently running OL Massacr3 to help retain as much possible muscle during cut.

Basically went into this cut pretty determined to just get rid of the weight. This time last year I was probably around 10% and being around 18% now was depressing.
    •   

6. Can't go wrong with the SNS Caff/Y stack as thats about as proven as they come. You could look at adding a stim free component like SNS lean edge as well for even more comprehensive approach.

Also look into a GDA like SNS Glycophase that can help partition the carbs youre eating more preferentially to muscle. Always nice to be able to recomp a bit while you "cut"!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by Astock View Post
    Calories are probably closer to 1800-1900 in reality, without measuring its hard to be certain so I aim low. Will be picking up a scale to weight out food soon so I can keep better track.

Training consists of morning squad PT Mon-Friday which I have no control over and could range from circuit weight training, long distance run, or a 4-5 mile ruck.

Lifting in afternoons consists of 3 day split 2x a week with Sunday being my rest day.

Also am currently running OL Massacr3 to help retain as much possible muscle during cut.

Basically went into this cut pretty determined to just get rid of the weight. This time last year I was probably around 10% and being around 18% now was depressing.
    So you are doing basically two a days. Eating clean should get you down to a pretty healthy body fat percentage. I would find out your maintenance calories which I am assuming is pretty high and drop it by 200-500 calories to start out.

With what you are doing on a day to day basis, your diet shouldn't need to be obscenely restrictive.

Doing that much work at such a high caloric deficit could become counter productive. Keep an eye on your recovery from workouts.
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
    https://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/308898-gerbils-semi-triumphant.html

8. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Can't go wrong with the SNS Caff/Y stack as thats about as proven as they come. You could look at adding a stim free component like SNS lean edge as well for even more comprehensive approach.

Also look into a GDA like SNS Glycophase that can help partition the carbs youre eating more preferentially to muscle. Always nice to be able to recomp a bit while you "cut"!
    Was planning on using OL assass1nate as a stim free/GDA

9. Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    So you are doing basically two a days. Eating clean should get you down to a pretty healthy body fat percentage. I would find out your maintenance calories which I am assuming is pretty high and drop it by 200-500 calories to start out.

With what you are doing on a day to day basis, your diet shouldn't need to be obscenely restrictive.

Doing that much work at such a high caloric deficit could become counter productive. Keep an eye on your recovery from workouts.
    Definitely keeping an eye on everything and will adjust as needed. As of right now hunger is very manageable and have been steadily getting stronger in the gym. The strength is probably the fact that I went from a 350 bench to not consistently lifting for 8 months and came back maxing at 250 lol.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post

holy blast from the past @Gerbil I havent seen you around in ages!

11. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    holy blast from the past @Gerbil I havent seen you around in ages!
    Yeah been some time joined the military and a bunch of other stuff. How have you been?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    Yeah been some time joined the military and a bunch of other stuff. How have you been?
    Very nice. And thank you for your service!

Been doing well... mostly away from the fun stuff nowadays but might have to get back in and dabble here soon Not too many of the years-past aas crowd around anymore to chat with

13. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Very nice. And thank you for your service!

Been doing well... mostly away from the fun stuff nowadays but might have to get back in and dabble here soon Not too many of the years-past aas crowd around anymore to chat with
    True story on the lack of the old guard. I have stopped doing the fun stuff and just getting back to the basics.

14. Anything under 1800-2000 calories a day is too low for a man. Your metabolism sitting still should be roughly 1900 calories now you excersise on top of that, maybe goes to work or school etc.
  15. Cutting stack advice

Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    Anything under 1800-2000 calories a day is too low for a man. Your metabolism sitting still should be roughly 1900 calories now you excersise on top of that, maybe goes to work or school etc.
    Thatís a complete generalism and u true for everyone ... at 5í10 175lb and about 12% bf to lose weight I have to go 1600 or lower sometimes to lose at all.

16. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    That’s a complete generalism and u true for everyone ... at 5’10 175lb and about 12% bf to lose weight I have to go 1600 or lower sometimes to lose at all.
    Well if you argue that muscles increase metabolism sure but theoretically with more muscles you'd need more calories to keep weight, the calorie intake is not changing that much with weight gain, every 20lbs or so is probably spring 100 calories.

What I'm saying is that most people's metabolism really isn't that much different.

One thing to take In to account is what kinds of food you're eating more so than the calories.

1600 calories is incredibly low at your stats but hey if it works and you feel good.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    Well if you argue that muscles increase metabolism sure but theoretically with more muscles you'd need more calories to keep weight, the calorie intake is not changing that much with weight gain, every 20lbs or so is probably spring 100 calories.

What I'm saying is that most people's metabolism really isn't that much different.

One thing to take In to account is what kinds of food you're eating more so than the calories.

1600 calories is incredibly low at your stats but hey if it works and you feel good.
    Yep I agree itís low. Even with a coach he couldnít believe how low we had to go. Said he had bikini competitors eating more during their peak weeks than me trying to recomp ha

18. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Yep I agree it’s low. Even with a coach he couldn’t believe how low we had to go. Said he had bikini competitors eating more during their peak weeks than me trying to recomp ha
    The body likes to force itself to stay at a comfortable weight even if you go up or down. Have you dropped a lot before this or have you always been around that weight? I notice when I go down to really low bodyfat I have to go crazy low on calories if I do it fast. I think it takes months sometimes to go under the comfortable weight and for the body to get used to it.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    The body likes to force itself to stay at a comfortable weight even if you go up or down. Have you dropped a lot before this or have you always been around that weight? I notice when I go down to really low bodyfat I have to go crazy low on calories if I do it fast. I think it takes months sometimes to go under the comfortable weight and for the body to get used to it.
    Initially (5+ years ago) I would bounce up and down 40+lb between summer and winter but Iíve been +\- 10-15lb for about 4 years now including a coaches bulk and attempted metabolism reset and nothing has changed. Sucks.

20. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Initially (5+ years ago) I would bounce up and down 40+lb between summer and winter but Iíve been +\- 10-15lb for about 4 years now including a coaches bulk and attempted metabolism reset and nothing has changed. Sucks.
    I had many of the same issues. When it all came down I had to severely reduce calories to around 1500 for a month and then still slowly adding and itís hard. Itís a sort of reverse dieting, but caused my body to process at he higher calories.
    http://juggernautsupps.com Code Frey10 .
    Iconic Formulations and Iron Legion Code Chef
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cutting Stack advice needed
    By anesthetize in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 03:41 PM
  2. Cutting Stack Advice....?
    By tsulb50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 11:06 PM
  3. Pstanz + 11-sterone cutting stack...advice please