Help!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Help!!!


    First off just wanted to say I am super embarrassed to post this of me. I hate the way i look now and i am struggling!!!
    My height is 5’6
    Weight is 194
    What do u think my bF is right now?
    I medically retired from the army back in 2017 and i cant loose the weight. I just want your opinions. Should i be strict to a carnivore diet? I hate ****ing vegetables btw! And my training is ketogains its a 5x5 based workout and its a full body program every other day basically. I will put the pictures up of my body and pics of my sups. I just need motivation or something!!!!

    •   
       

    •   
       


  2. Cute kid. If it's fat loss your after just reduce calories. Eat foods you like but reduce quantity. That way your more likely to stick to the plan. Work out too if you like but it's not necessary, will give you better looking results though and allow you to eat a bit more. Don't crash diet just write down what you eat now, weight yourself weekly then reduce the food a little every week until the scale starts to drop.

  3. Git some nice supps in there, Olympus and vicious. ...

  4. thanks wobmarvel thats my little buddy! hes autistic love him to death! but i have been struggling bad since i got out of the army! but i have went from 205 to 194-193 but i cant get passed it for some reason.

  5. yeah just got the vicious in the mail today stoked to try it!

  6. Hey bro, bf is probably around 30% but I wouldn’t be worrying about that.

    Imo you just need to be creating a small calorie deficit and sustaining for a a long duration. Use a calorie tracker like MyFitnessPal to be consistent. It’s a bit trial and error as you’ll need to set a calorie target and then adjust to make sure you are losing weight but not too fast. 2lbs a week is ideal.

    Keep protein up around 250g plus and split carbs and fats however you prefer.

    Focus on whole unprocessed foods and see this as lifestyle rather than a diet.

    Good luck bro

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Hey bro, bf is probably around 30% but I wouldn’t be worrying about that.

    Imo you just need to be creating a small calorie deficit and sustaining for a a long duration. Use a calorie tracker like MyFitnessPal to be consistent. It’s a bit trial and error as you’ll need to set a calorie target and then adjust to make sure you are losing weight but not too fast. 2lbs a week is ideal.

    Keep protein up around 250g plus and split carbs and fats however you prefer.

    Focus on whole unprocessed foods and see this as lifestyle rather than a diet.

    Good luck bro
    Thanks brother!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by usarmytickle6 View Post
    First off just wanted to say I am super embarrassed to post this of me. I hate the way i look now and i am struggling!!!
    My height is 5’6
    Weight is 194
    What do u think my bF is right now?
    I medically retired from the army back in 2017 and i cant loose the weight. I just want your opinions. Should i be strict to a carnivore diet? I hate ****ing vegetables btw! And my training is ketogains its a 5x5 based workout and its a full body program every other day basically. I will put the pictures up of my body and pics of my sups. I just need motivation or something!!!!
    Bro, I struggled when I medicalled out too. You got this, everyone else has given you some great advice and I would say the same thing. Figure out what your maintenance calories are, then go with a deficit from there. Keep your protein high, eat healthy fats, and keep your carbs on the lower side. Lifting will help, but you can't forget the cardio. There is a reason we did it every morning when we where in.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?
  9. Help!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Bro, I struggled when I medicalled out too. You got this, everyone else has given you some great advice and I would say the same thing. Figure out what your maintenance calories are, then go with a deficit from there. Keep your protein high, eat healthy fats, and keep your carbs on the lower side. Lifting will help, but you can't forget the cardio. There is a reason we did it every morning when we where in.
    Yeah man very true!!!! I hate damn cardio!!!!!!! I always maxed pushups and situps but when it came to the 2mile barely pass that bitch lol

  10. You have a Good Foundation of having a Great Body! The advice in here has been on point. Good Luck Brother!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    You have a Good Foundation of having a Great Body! The advice in here has been on point. Good Luck Brother!
    Thanks brother! I used to be in shape but fell tf off! Esp after surgery i packed on 30lbs and only lost about 10-15 lbs of it.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by usarmytickle6 View Post
    Thanks brother! I used to be in shape but fell tf off! Esp after surgery i packed on 30lbs and only lost about 10-15 lbs of it.
    You have already broken the biggest plateau the 200's. It took me a while to do that, and it took my wife some time as well. Now time to really key in that diet and do the things you know what to do. Does this old SGT need to come wake you up for PT?
    Just dont do it like we did while Active....Still, Drunk. Lol
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

  13. Hey man, great job so far. We have all had our own journeys. I know Whisky has lost a ton before and I've lost about 120 pounds from my peak to my lowest.

    One thing I have noticed about human nature and people who have a lot of weight to lose. We like to adopt beliefs that keep us from hard work. These include, "I just need to cut back." Or "I can eat what I want as long as I have smaller portions." Or "I just need to stop eating ABC food" where ABC food = something like ice cream.

    And the thing is, these beliefs often work....in the begining....for a little while. And then it stops. And you have to buckle down and get your **** together brother.

    Get a notebook. Get a pencil. Get a scale. Weigh and measure and log everything you eat. Figure out how many calories you take in, how much protein and how much fat. Then come here and tell us exactly what you are doing precisely. We can help better if we know exactly what is going in and the results that input is causing. Then we can tell you exactly what to change. I know it will be work, but if you want to do it, we will help.
    "I've never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I've seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked." -Scott Adams

  14. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    You have already broken the biggest plateau the 200's. It took me a while to do that, and it took my wife some time as well. Now time to really key in that diet and do the things you know what to do. Does this old SGT need to come wake you up for PT?
    Just dont do it like we did while Active....Still, Drunk. Lol
    Lmao!!!!! Well come on lets get it brother

  15. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Hey man, great job so far. We have all had our own journeys. I know Whisky has lost a ton before and I've lost about 120 pounds from my peak to my lowest.

    One thing I have noticed about human nature and people who have a lot of weight to lose. We like to adopt beliefs that keep us from hard work. These include, "I just need to cut back." Or "I can eat what I want as long as I have smaller portions." Or "I just need to stop eating ABC food" where ABC food = something like ice cream.

    And the thing is, these beliefs often work....in the begining....for a little while. And then it stops. And you have to buckle down and get your **** together brother.

    Get a notebook. Get a pencil. Get a scale. Weigh and measure and log everything you eat. Figure out how many calories you take in, how much protein and how much fat. Then come here and tell us exactly what you are doing precisely. We can help better if we know exactly what is going in and the results that input is causing. Then we can tell you exactly what to change. I know it will be work, but if you want to do it, we will help.
    Thanks brother i really appreciate the tips!!! Yeah temptation kills me when it comes to food! And redbulls are my weakness i can do the carnivore diet i love meat!!! I just gotta be committed

  16. Solid advice and info in here. My one additional comment would be to work on changing your mindset about your habits. At first, I hated vegetables, and to be honest I don't think anyone enjoys cardio; but they are components of a healthy lifestyle. The more you incorporate the good things that you don't like, the more benefit and return you'll begin seeing.

    Shift your mindset and work toward living a healthier lifestyle. Put in the work on figuring out your calorie intake, lift big, and do your cardio. The results will follow.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    Solid advice and info in here. My one additional comment would be to work on changing your mindset about your habits. At first, I hated vegetables, and to be honest I don't think anyone enjoys cardio; but they are components of a healthy lifestyle. The more you incorporate the good things that you don't like, the more benefit and return you'll begin seeing.

    Shift your mindset and work toward living a healthier lifestyle. Put in the work on figuring out your calorie intake, lift big, and do your cardio. The results will follow.
    I agree,100%

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Wobmarvel View Post
    There's a lot of truth here but the fact is. You CAN eat what you want but smaller portions, you CAN eat ice cream if you want. You DON'T need to do extreme exercise. I lost over 40lbs doing just this.

    I DID however eat the exact same foods every day, these included chicken with skin on seasoned with bbq rub, peanut butter, apples, bananas, protein powder, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, cheese, ketchup, and a tub of Ben and jerrys every week. If the weightloss stalled I would reduce the oatmeal and peanut butter and I reduced two shakes per day to one for the last two weeks.

    I ended up looking like this. Very skinny yes, but my goal was to see my abs again in my 40s (I was 42 here). My weight was just under 170 lbs. I was only working out three times per week at home for only 30 mins. I was walking too and from work five days per week though, a round trip of five miles. I could have looked more muscular if I did more heavy weight work but my point is, you don't need to if fat loss is your goal. You can out diet lackluster workouts but you can't out workout a poor diet. Attachment 176083
    That is tremendous work man. Yes - I also agree with what you say. It DOES depend on starting point. I think for me and a lot of people I am describing, the habits are so broken they need a major revamp...and sometimes we don't want to admit it when we are that far gone and we need to just say, "Ok, let's do this for real now".

    And I don't mean to paint everyone with the same brush, but often I see people in this position where they lost a certain amount of weight and then it just stops and they don't know what to do next and it is because they really didn't get the basics down - buckle in, cut out as much junk as possible, weigh and log. Once you have that, it becomes way easier to see where you can make changes that will actually have an effect and this gives you control. This is why I told him to log his diet and post it...then we can look at it and say, "Oh, here is exactly the minor or major change you need to make right here..."

    It sounds like, in your case, you were not that far gone and then, yes, modifications like you mention are appropriate. And OP may be in that category too. He has a great base and not as much to lose as I did.

    Unlike you, I am not a quitter though. And by this, what I mean is - when I take the lid off of a pint of Ben and Jerry's...I throw it away!!! (I am obviously joking)

    A tub of ice cream a week that fits in your maintenance macros is fine...but I used to do that every few nights. I used food like a drug. It was like searching for pleasure and never finding it. We all think of eating disorders as being NOT eating, but I think over eating is a huge eating disorder that gets way over looked and does, in fact, have complicated pathology which involves chemical pathways, environment, psychology, etc.

    Yes, you can eat ice cream and whatever you want - in moderation - but for me I really needed to give it all up for long enough to come back and have a healthier approach toward it. I am still not 100% - still working on it and have been for 4-5 years. But I am way better...and still getting better.
    "I've never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I've seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked." -Scott Adams

  19. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    That is tremendous work man. Yes - I also agree with what you say. It DOES depend on starting point. I think for me and a lot of people I am describing, the habits are so broken they need a major revamp...and sometimes we don't want to admit it when we are that far gone and we need to just say, "Ok, let's do this for real now".

    And I don't mean to paint everyone with the same brush, but often I see people in this position where they lost a certain amount of weight and then it just stops and they don't know what to do next and it is because they really didn't get the basics down - buckle in, cut out as much junk as possible, weigh and log. Once you have that, it becomes way easier to see where you can make changes that will actually have an effect and this gives you control. This is why I told him to log his diet and post it...then we can look at it and say, "Oh, here is exactly the minor or major change you need to make right here..."

    It sounds like, in your case, you were not that far gone and then, yes, modifications like you mention are appropriate. And OP may be in that category too. He has a great base and not as much to lose as I did.

    Unlike you, I am not a quitter though. And by this, what I mean is - when I take the lid off of a pint of Ben and Jerry's...I throw it away!!! (I am obviously joking)

    A tub of ice cream a week that fits in your maintenance macros is fine...but I used to do that every few nights. I used food like a drug. It was like searching for pleasure and never finding it. We all think of eating disorders as being NOT eating, but I think over eating is a huge eating disorder that gets way over looked and does, in fact, have complicated pathology which involves chemical pathways, environment, psychology, etc.

    Yes, you can eat ice cream and whatever you want - in moderation - but for me I really needed to give it all up for long enough to come back and have a healthier approach toward it. I am still not 100% - still working on it and have been for 4-5 years. But I am way better...and still getting better.
    Yeah im the same. If i go to eat whatever i want in smaller portions, that sh1t dont work for me. Im a freaking black hole and i cant atop til im satisfied. Which is why healthier foods are important because you can eat larger portions of those
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM
  2. Need Help: I got Sore Nipples!
    By Big Masa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 02:31 AM
  3. Help Asap
    By shanesurfs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-07-2002, 07:31 PM
  4. Need some help with tight hamstrings
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2002, 08:21 AM
  5. final help
    By shady in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-25-2002, 12:58 AM
Log in
Log in