Help!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Yeah im the same. If i go to eat whatever i want in smaller portions, that sh1t dont work for me. Im a freaking black hole and i cant atop til im satisfied. Which is why healthier foods are important because you can eat larger portions of those
    I get what you guys are saying, although when I had the ben and jerrys I would indeed eat the whole tub in one sitting, every Saturday night. It would be the thing I looked forward too throughout the week because I did feel hungry, a lot. Its the feeling hungry that is the biggest challenge for a lot of people and when you are on a deficit it is gonna happen because your body wants the calories it's used to. That's why my diet worked for me, because each of the meals was something I craved and eating every few hours meant that as the hunger started to set in I was usually within an hour of my next meal.

The morning shake would be cookies and cream protein mixed with oatmeal, peanut butter and a banana, tasted like a ben and jerrys ice cream blended up, nice and thick and about 700 calories, then an hour or so after that I would start feeling hungry again and it was time for bbq chicken on the bone with crispy skin, feels like a greasy cheat meal. Three hours after that would be a shake again but different flavour, usually cinnamon bun, again tastes like a desert. A few hours later and it's fried bacon, eggs and mushrooms on toast with cheese and ketchup. Then post workout a couple of hours later would be Greek yogurt mixed with white chocolate flavour protein, peanut butter and raisins, tastes like a sickly thick cake batter. I would eat a couple of apples throughout the day but none of this felt like a "diet" and there was not a salad in site, or plain chicken breast, white rice etc. Every meal and shake was made to a certain size so you couldn't eat more of it even if you wanted and the ben and jerrys would be the whole tub in one go. There was no "I suppose I should put the lid on and save some for another day".

2. Having said all that a lot of self control is still needed. I too have kids in the house, we have a cupboard full of snacks, sweets, chocolate, crisps etc. And I just wouldn't touch any of it. Like you guys I would not be able to pop a tube of pringles, eat a few and put them back. Once I get a taste for it I have to eat the lot. The trick is not to get a taste for it. My wife and I would sit and watch a movie in the evening and she would grab a pack of crisps and a kitkat but I simply wouldn't have any which was a million times easier than having a couple of her crisps which would set off the cravings.

That's another challenge, eating completely different meals to the rest of the family.

Also eating the exact same foods day after day would do a lot of people's heads in. As you start to see results in the mirror though you get motivated to stay on it. It was when people started to comment on my face looking really thin I realised it was time to stop.

So it's not easy in a lot of respects but as far as reasons like "I can't do it cos I hate diet foods" or "I don't have time to put in the work outs" it doesn't have to be that difficult. Not saying these are OPs reasons just examples I hear. Having been in the military you were probably running drills that were burning up to 1000 extra cals per day so if your not doing those anymore you need to cut 1000 cals just to hit maintenance which is a challenge in itself. Like I said earlier, your gonna feel hungry.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by usarmytickle6 View Post
    Thanks brother i really appreciate the tips!!! Yeah temptation kills me when it comes to food! And redbulls are my weakness i can do the carnivore diet i love meat!!! I just gotta be committed
    Question? What was your MOS? I ask cause combat arms guys have been proven to have low-t have you been tested for that at the VA or outside? I was diagnosed using an outside doctor, and learned that combat arms guys have been diagnosed with it. I'm a retired 11B2B4, thats why I ask
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

4. Quote Originally Posted by usarmytickle6 View Post
    Thanks brother i really appreciate the tips!!! Yeah temptation kills me when it comes to food! And redbulls are my weakness i can do the carnivore diet i love meat!!! I just gotta be committed
    And as far as Redbulls go, do you drink Rip Its as well. I have found Bang to work just as well and they are better than Redbulls and Rip Its
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

5. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Question? What was your MOS? I ask cause combat arms guys have been proven to have low-t have you been tested for that at the VA or outside? I was diagnosed using an outside doctor, and learned that combat arms guys have been diagnosed with it. I'm a retired 11B2B4, thats why I ask
    19kilo brother tanker! And i have had low -t i was on fortesta pump testosterone but the va took me off too see what my levels would be at. I still gott 3 bottles full left.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    And as far as Redbulls go, do you drink Rip Its as well. I have found Bang to work just as well and they are better than Redbulls and Rip Its
    And just went to gnc and bought a bunch of those bangs!

7. Id recommending doing reps between 6-12 for hypertrophy. Occasionally its okay to do strength training which is around 1-6 reps, not all the time though.

Nutrition you need to get into a calorie deficit and stick to foods that work for you.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    50% off the entire month of January! AMJAN50

8. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Id recommending doing reps between 6-12 for hypertrophy. Occasionally its okay to do strength training which is around 1-6 reps, not all the time though.

Nutrition you need to get into a calorie deficit and stick to foods that work for you.
    Thank you brother!

9. One thing that seems relatively untouched in this conversation is meal frequency and itís importance to metabolic rate. Whatever you do, make sure to split your daily intake into as many smaller portions as possible. The less frequently you eat, the more the body has a need to store fat. Negate that need with meal frequency and it will help a lot. As long as you follow all the advice of the others as well and track your intake based on a healthy eating plan for your weight, as described by the others.

Also, not touched on is the fact that youíve got some hormonal products there, are planning to use them, but havenít necessarily shown experience needed to do so. I would highly recommend avoiding hormones for as long as possible while you figure out your nutrition and get fully into your habits of training and tracking. The reason is because hormones work, some better than others, and throwing them in while youíre still trying to find the nutrients that work for you to lean out (the actual food you actually enjoy eating that fits your planned macros and finding that your planned macros are adequate to stimulate lipolysis) will skew the actual effects of the diet and training regimen. Having everything working, and then throwing a hormone or two in, will absolutely without question be far more effective for both results and wellbeing.
    Do as I say, not as I do.

10. So when you've done keto is it possible to see how your diet would look like cause people tend to misunderstand keto. Switching carbs to fats doesn't mean you'll get slim. Just like fast sugar isn't gonna be a good option as a main carb source saturated fats isn't gonna be a good fat source with keto. Eating more fats equals less bloat from water that's really about it.

What happens with keto is that your body will burn the fat you eat cause that's your body's fuel. If you eat carbs your body will burn the carbs as fuel.

11. You already had great advices but all I can say is trust yourself and believe in you, have a vision and go by it day to day. Youíll make it brotha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM
  2. Need Help: I got Sore Nipples!
    By Big Masa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 02:31 AM
  3. Help Asap
    By shanesurfs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-07-2002, 07:31 PM
  4. Need some help with tight hamstrings