8% BF and no abs...

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    For one, I havenít seen a picture. I said itís possible if you store body fat in a VERY abnormal way. But without seeing a picture, how can anyone even attempt to answer your question when you only give them half the information?
    I told @Whiskey in a previous post that I got the test done on my last cut a few months ago, Iím currently bulking. Just looking for info for my next cut.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    I still donít believe him. Is that better ?
    Exactly. Iíve never been 8% in my life and neither have 99% of people. Thatís lean as ****. Guys who step on the Olympia stage are like 5%
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by ValiantThor08 View Post
    I get it. Pics, or it didnt happen.
    Fair enough. Iím sorry, I do not have a picture. So I guess it didnít happen.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Itís the internet fam. Rules are rules
    Thatís fair. When I cut next I will take a picture, I just wonít have another BODPOD test to confirm the BF %. The best I can do is measure my bf levels with a bioelectrical impedance scale.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    Fair enough. Iím sorry, I do not have a picture. So I guess it didnít happen.
    I'm just messing with you bro
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    Hey guys please let me know if Iím in the right section. Never posted in this section before.

    So to get right to it a few months ago I got my BF measured using the BODPOD done by a professional in a research lab and had a BF level of 8.1% (still have the print off sheet) at 163lbs. Yet I still did NOT have abs. BMR was 1777 Cal.

    24yrs old and 5í9 1/2Ē

    I obviously hold most of my fat in my abdominal area. What am I doing wrong and how can I get a aesthetic set of abs? The obvious answer would be lose more fat but any other tips?

    Should I resort to fat burners? Topical fat burners? Working out abdominals more? Lower cortisol or estrogen? Increase test (natty supps)?

    Thanks in advance!!
    Cable crunches with a rope. Knees on ground rep pre infringement of your face extreme up and sorry it to the ground slowly go back up. Do those till you cant. Jog in place as fast as you can till you can't and when your on three mill if your on the tree mill really focus on flexing the abs and being stable in your run. Try to run fast. Also try Roman chair situps. focusing on flexing the abs. Just my thoughts everyone is different.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by 117codyawebb View Post
    Cable crunches with a rope. Knees on ground rep pre infringement of your face extreme up and sorry it to the ground slowly go back up. Do those till you cant. Jog in place as fast as you can till you can't and when your on three mill if your on the tree mill really focus on flexing the abs and being stable in your run. Try to run fast. Also try Roman chair situps. focusing on flexing the abs. Just my thoughts everyone is different.
    I have no idea wtf I was trying to post last night i was tired let's try that again.. knees on the ground, shoulders just below the jaw angled toward the ground. Elbows bent with a secure tight grip on the ropes slam the bottom of your fists down as hard as you can. don't rest, as soon as you hit the ground allow the mention to build up in your abs then slowly go back up and slam down again. Repeat until your unable to do so. Sorry guys

  8. What are you doing for Abs as it relates to workout?
    Muscle Research Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com
    Nutrex Nutrition Rep
  9. 8% BF and no abs...


    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBondsHOF View Post
    Exactly. Iíve never been 8% in my life and neither have 99% of people. Thatís lean as ****. Guys who step on the Olympia stage are like 5%
    So just because you canít get to 8% BF, means you are going to hate on someone who can?

    You are pathetic.

  10. It's very simple to lose bodyfat. High protein, high carbs (OR) high fat. As far as getting abs I highly prefer high fat diet with omega 3s mainly because carbs bloat you. I don't suggest keto but I suggest a low carb diet high fat and high protein and taking carbs the first half of the day.

    Another extremely important thing is to drink water as this will make you less bloated. People argue differently in Europe and the US but 3-4 litres or around a gallon is plenty for the average person.

  11. You could be holding some water in that area. Look at a topical dryer product lipo-6-defining-gel.
    WWW.nutrex.com

    Code AM20 for 20% off all products (stacks excluded)

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    It's very simple to lose bodyfat. High protein, high carbs (OR) high fat. As far as getting abs I highly prefer high fat diet with omega 3s mainly because carbs bloat you. I don't suggest keto but I suggest a low carb diet high fat and high protein and taking carbs the first half of the day.

    Another extremely important thing is to drink water as this will make you less bloated. People argue differently in Europe and the US but 3-4 litres or around a gallon is plenty for the average person.
    Thank-you for the advice! It is greatly appreciated!

  13. Not the answer anyone wants to hear but genetics. Look at some professional competitors and the difference in their abs. Some, even when competition lean, don’t have that washboard 6 pack but rather more of a 4 pack look. Compare a few semi pro level competitors and look at the visual difference in their abs.

    Genetics also play a role where you store fat the most.

    With out a pic of you there is no way to tell what’s going on....

  14. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Not the answer anyone wants to hear but genetics. Look at some professional competitors and the difference in their abs. Some, even when competition lean, donít have that washboard 6 pack but rather more of a 4 pack look. Compare a few semi pro level competitors and look at the visual difference in their abs.

    Genetics also play a role where you store fat the most.

    With out a pic of you there is no way to tell whatís going on....
    A 4 pack is still visible abs. Literally no visible abs at 8% body fat is an anomaly, unless theyíre not actually at 8% BF.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    A 4 pack is still visible abs. Literally no visible abs at 8% body fat is an anomaly, unless they’re not actually at 8% BF.
    Tell that to this guy.....

    Name:  ECC754AB-F975-44DD-848F-86747FEE51FC.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  91.8 KB

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Tell that to this guy.....

    Name:  ECC754AB-F975-44DD-848F-86747FEE51FC.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  91.8 KB
    8% body fat doesnít count when you have less than 8% body muscle my man.

  17. I worked with a guy who had almost no fat on him face sunk in veins where everywhere and could see every bit of his spine. Yet he had a gut. Just remember guys say no to meth.

  18. Still don't understand why you have no picture. I get you have none lying around but go to your bathroom mirror, take picture with phone, post picture...

    We will wait...

  19. Good comment about visible abs, I was thinking 6 pack for some reason. Without seeing a picture I can only offer reckless speculation. I am not calling out or judging others advice at all!! I just don’t think we have the information we need to generate our answers. I can throw out some ideas...
    - liposuction / extreme weight loss with excess skin?
    - too skinny / very small frame
    - visable abs flexed or unflexed
    - is he wearing a shirt? (Sarcasm, this doesn’t help anyone, sorry... unless it’s true)
    - not actually 8%
    - genetics
    - needs more muscle
    - water bloat?


    Metaphor:
    “Why won’t my pen ink show up on paper. The pen works (confirmed) and it’s regular paper (confirmed). Also how do I fix?

    Think how crazy we could dig in with reasons and solutions when the problem is that it’s a white ink pen on white paper....

    If that doesn’t make sense. Ignore me, I think differently than others... works for me, makes me good at my job, but most people just think I am strange...

  20. This is me in June . Ive competed in six competitions and have yet to see deep cut rippling abs. Somethings are much more genetic than others. That said if you really, really want to I know you can. It will be unordinary difficult and may take years upon years.

    https://imgur.com/ffgMSk4

    That said, I wasn't in good enough condition to really be competitive for my class, in this competition so there's still hope for me.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    50% off the entire month of January! AMJAN50

  21. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    This is me in June . Ive competed in six competitions and have yet to see deep cut rippling abs. Somethings are much more genetic than others. That said if you really, really want to I know you can. It will be unordinary difficult and may take years upon years.

    https://imgur.com/ffgMSk4

    That said, I wasn't in good enough condition to really be competitive for my class, in this competition so there's still hope for me.
    I wouldnít say theyíre not visible though. And most of your poses seem to be less focused on crunching down your abs and more of an almost semi-vacuum style that doesnít really lend itself to deep ab separation well IMO.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by saderboy80 View Post
    Thank-you for the advice! It is greatly appreciated!
    Theres also high protein medium carbs and low fat like 60/30/10 but I think that diet is quite hard to keep

  23. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    8% body fat doesn’t count when you have less than 8% body muscle my man.
    Lol, just pointing out it’s possible bro. I sincerely hope this isn’t the reason op has no visible abs though........if a stiff breeze blows you over then no abs is the least of your concerns

  24. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    A 4 pack is still visible abs. Literally no visible abs at 8% body fat is an anomaly, unless theyíre not actually at 8% BF.
    Yes, it is an anomaly...until it happens. And yes they are 8% BF(as evidenced by the first couple posts).

  25. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Good comment about visible abs, I was thinking 6 pack for some reason. Without seeing a picture I can only offer reckless speculation. I am not calling out or judging others advice at all!! I just donít think we have the information we need to generate our answers. I can throw out some ideas...
    - liposuction / extreme weight loss with excess skin?
    - too skinny / very small frame
    - visable abs flexed or unflexed
    - is he wearing a shirt? (Sarcasm, this doesnít help anyone, sorry... unless itís true)
    - not actually 8%
    - genetics
    - needs more muscle
    - water bloat?


    Metaphor:
    ďWhy wonít my pen ink show up on paper. The pen works (confirmed) and itís regular paper (confirmed). Also how do I fix?

    Think how crazy we could dig in with reasons and solutions when the problem is that itís a white ink pen on white paper....

    If that doesnít make sense. Ignore me, I think differently than others... works for me, makes me good at my job, but most people just think I am strange...
    I donít believe I was too skinny or too tall (5í10Ē) and whispy. Definitely 8%BF as evidenced by the bod pod (gold standard).
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 12:05 AM
  2. BF 11%, No abs! Need help!
    By Homey in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
  3. 5aa cyp and no suppression
    By screwbol in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 04:58 PM
  4. Sesathin and NO
    By Imsleepinmonkey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 10:44 PM
  5. 2 week m1t cycle and no pct?
    By fullycovered in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Log in
Log in