T3 for weight loss

Haza25

Haza25

Awards
Yeah, just purchased 100 tabs 25 mcg, just wondering peoples thoughts and dosages etc

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
It works great. Doses up to 50-75mcg if you're natty. U can tolerate higher doses without it being detrimental to your muscles with a light test cycle

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Dumb idea

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I personally used up to 75mcg ed for two months without excessive muscle loss. My strength did go down a bit and i was feeling a bit tired, but other than that it really accelerates the results, and it actually works. Where i live there is no prescription required so i get genuine pharma grade T3 from all pharmacies. And its really cheap too. I get the unipharma's one.
Now i've reduced the dose to 50mcg and im going to keep it like that for 4-6 weeks more, then ill start a lean bulk with around 25-37.5mcg T3.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I'm willing to bet that actively increasing your NEAT works better than T3

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm willing to bet that actively increasing your NEAT works better than T3
Of course it works better. But op asked specifically for the effects on T3 on cutting, and since i have some experience with the compound as im currently using it, i gave him my opinion/observations in the matter. Imo combining both would have an even greater fat loss effect.

Also i've been following your Carnivorous diet log since day 1. I really enjoy reading it. Keep going strong!

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Of course it works better. But op asked specifically for the effects on T3 on cutting, and since i have some experience with the compound as im currently using it, i gave him my opinion/observations in the matter. Imo combining both would have an even greater fat loss effect.

Also i've been following your Carnivorous diet log since day 1. I really enjoy reading it. Keep going strong!
Thank you, I will do

I am very anti drugs for fat loss. Yes T3 + increasing NEAT would work better. But so would running the entire pharmacy. There has to be a point where you draw the line and for me that is fat loss drugs. I don't think people need it and they are best off not going there. Just my opinion

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, I will do

I am very anti drugs for fat loss. Yes T3 + increasing NEAT would work better. But so would running the entire pharmacy. There has to be a point where you draw the line and for me that is fat loss drugs. I don't think people need it and they are best off not going there. Just my opinion
I understand your point and totally respect your opinion. As i said i just gave my personal experience and insight on the topic.
Now, me personally im not against the use of AAS or other compounds to aid in achieving a desired physique, as long as they're used responsibly, with thorough research done before use and they're not abused.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
You do not need a low carb diet while on t3. As long as your calories are low enough the amount of carbs don't really matter
Yeah, but if you're on a higher carb/lower protein diet while cutting on t3, you are going to loose a lot of muscle.
But from what ive experienced i was way over my calorie deficit while also eating loads of junk food for a week, and i still lost a considerable amount of bf. I was on 75mcg at that time (two weeks ago).
Now ill start incorporating cardio so i can drop down to 15% within next month. My dosages will range from 50-75mcgs on the cut and then 25mcgs-or slightly more (a pill and a half) on my bulking cycle, because ive read that it acts as a nutrient partitioning agent at low dosages and increases protein synthesis a little bit, as well as helping you gain minimal fat while bulking

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Who said anything about lower protein diet, Nothing in your post has anything to do with what I said.

You do not need a low carb diet to cut with t3.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Who said anything about lower protein diet, Nothing in your post has anything to do with what I said.

You do not need a low carb diet to cut with t3.
You're right. I just thought that when you meant higher carbs in order to still remain bellow maintenance you might have to reduce the other macros inlc protein. Thats what i meant

Haza25

Haza25

Awards
Anyone had any experience with rebound weight gain after cycle? Best ways to stop if etc?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You're right. I just thought that when you meant higher carbs in order to still remain bellow maintenance you might have to reduce the other macros inlc protein. Thats what i meant
I interchange carbs and fats like I would assume most do. I leave protein alone most of the time

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Best way to stop rebounding weight gain is not to eat like a slob
^ What he said. And keep in mind T3 isn't a miracle drug. It just gives you a little boost.

I personally keep the deficit for two weeks after ceasing T3 usage. It's enough for the natural production to start again

Killilu

Awards
What kind of dosing for females? I’m assuming we need less than guys do?

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
No i asume it's the same dosage. Keep in mind that females are more sensitive to exogenous thyroid hormones, and you may never recover from the thyroid shut down and be on t3 for life. Or so i've heard, im not a physician

Killilu

Awards
No i asume it's the same dosage. Keep in mind that females are more sensitive to exogenous thyroid hormones, and you may never recover from the thyroid shut down and be on t3 for life. Or so i've heard, im not a physician
At this point, my body isn’t doing what it should, anyway, so T3 for life sounds much better than my current state!

Thanks for the reply!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
At this point, my body isn’t doing what it should, anyway, so T3 for life sounds much better than my current state!

Thanks for the reply!
Have you had blood work? Are you sure T3 is hour issue...if it is then a doc may be willing to guide you.

If you would like to post info or bloodwork, we are not physicians but we may have thoughts to consider and it would help us help you.

Killilu

Awards
I’ve had bloodwork done in 4 countries now. All in “normal” range, but still symptoms are getting worse and worse. The “eat less, exercise more” but is getting pretty old. If I eat more than 1000 calories a day and work out (both weights and cardio) any less than an hour and a half, I can gain weight by a pound a day. I have followed macro plans, been on meds like phentermine (which was the only thing that worked, but 300-800 Cals a day with a workload like mine was not sustainable and now phentermine doesn’t do anything for me), I’ve worked with bodybuilding trainers, CrossFit trainers, and have seen countless doctors. I don’t care to ever see a medical doctor again, they have done nothing but shame me and tell me I’m a liar as to my workload and caloric intake or tell me to just “accept” my “genetics.” But I’m over it, I just don’t lose fat. And this hasn’t been something I’ve tried to do the last 6 months, or event he last few years. It’s been for the last 17 years. And I’m not wanting to lose weight out of sheer looks. I am a horse trainer and competitor, and I cannot compete at a professional level in my sport at my size.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I’ve had bloodwork done in 4 countries now. All in “normal” range, but still symptoms are getting worse and worse. The “eat less, exercise more” but is getting pretty old. If I eat more than 1000 calories a day and work out (both weights and cardio) any less than an hour and a half, I can gain weight by a pound a day. I have followed macro plans, been on meds like phentermine (which was the only thing that worked, but 300-800 Cals a day with a workload like mine was not sustainable and now phentermine doesn’t do anything for me), I’ve worked with bodybuilding trainers, CrossFit trainers, and have seen countless doctors. I don’t care to ever see a medical doctor again, they have done nothing but shame me and tell me I’m a liar as to my workload and caloric intake or tell me to just “accept” my “genetics.” But I’m over it, I just don’t lose fat. And this hasn’t been something I’ve tried to do the last 6 months, or event he last few years. It’s been for the last 17 years. And I’m not wanting to lose weight out of sheer looks. I am a horse trainer and competitor, and I cannot compete at a professional level in my sport at my size.
Then you dont have any other choice. Start at 50mcg and if it works stay there. Its not a stimulant so your body build a tolerance. 125mcg would be the maximum dosage for me, but see how your body responds

Killilu

Awards
Thank you!

How long do you think I should take it?

Killilu

Awards
I also got T4 while I’m here in Thailand. I have been injecting HGH at 2.1 IU (gerostim pen) but have been off since coming on holiday to Thailand the last week. I have access to Anavar, too. Advice?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Testing "normal" is a bit of a cop out....a part of the picture can be normal when the entire picture is not in view. This is why seeing the actual bloodwork is helpful. Doctors always say, "that is normal" but things are not always normal or abnormal.

Do you know what your TSH is? Free T3? T4?

Just taking a drug without knowing what is going on could make things worse and I suspect it will be disappointing and make things worse.

Are you lean now? What do you weigh? How tall?

I have some ideas, some of which are my own.

I have used T3 up to 200 mcg which most people would say is a huge dose. It is no fat loss miracle....and I definately would NOT start at 50 if you have never tried it before, especially of you have pharma quality product.

12.5-25 is a good starting point and slowly ramp up...but again I would pause on that if you are willing to dig a little more.

You should also be careful mixing T3 with certain other drugs.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Females tend to tolorate much higher doses of t3 without losing muscle. My buddy competes as a heavyweight and his 115lb gf takes 3x as much as him when getting ready for a show

Killilu

Awards
Smont, thanks for the insight. I’m also on a progesterone birth control, so it sounds like I will have to dose higher because of that as well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Smont, thanks for the insight. I’m also on a progesterone birth control, so it sounds like I will have to dose higher because of that as well.
I don't know about mixing other hormones with birth control so I can't comment, regardless I would not start any higher then 50mg

Killilu

Awards
I don't know about mixing other hormones with birth control so I can't comment, regardless I would not start any higher then 50mg
Ok, so now I’m confusing the f*ck outta myself. I have 100mcg tablets. Mcg is a different dosing than mg. So I’m going to stick with 50mcg or less, correct?? I’m up to 25mcg atm, but feeling nothing. I’m assuming it’s a cumulative thing, or I’m not dosing enough at mcg because it would be a hell of a lot more if it is supposed to be mg.

Killilu

Awards
I am happy putting in the time. I live abroad in a place that my choices for quality food suck, so I’m trying to supp what I can and cross my fingers for the rest of it. My access to fresh veggies is a complete joke. But I’m trying to adapt and make the best of it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, so now I’m confusing the f*ck outta myself. I have 100mcg tablets. Mcg is a different dosing than mg. So I’m going to stick with 50mcg or less, correct?? I’m up to 25mcg atm, but feeling nothing. I’m assuming it’s a cumulative thing, or I’m not dosing enough at mcg because it would be a hell of a lot more if it is supposed to be mg.
You won't feel much from it unless you OD and get heart palpitations.

The idea that females have a higher tolerance is very questionable. Different people have different tolerances.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You won't feel much from it unless you OD and get heart palpitations.

The idea that females have a higher tolerance is very questionable. Different people have different tolerances.
The higher dose for females is because they don't tend to lose muscle as easy. Thats all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The higher dose for females is because they don't tend to lose muscle as easy. Thats all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
Not trying to be combative or come off wrong - but this does not make sense. Typically people take androgens to ward off muscle loss while on T3, and men typically have higher androgen levels than women.

More importantly, the limiting factor is not muscle wasting - which is over estimated anyway - it is cardiotoxicity and shut down. It would make some sense that if women shut down harder they need a larger dose because they shut down fast and compensate better.

Is there any real evidence that women require a higher dose? I am open to it, but there is so much bad info out there about T4 and T3...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not trying to be combative or come off wrong - but this does not make sense. Typically people take androgens to ward off muscle loss while on T3, and men typically have higher androgen levels than women.

More importantly, the limiting factor is not muscle wasting - which is over estimated anyway - it is cardiotoxicity and shut down. It would make some sense that if women shut down harder they need a larger dose because they shut down fast and compensate better.

Is there any real evidence that women require a higher dose? I am open to it, but there is so much bad info out there about T4 and T3...
Honesty I can't put up much of a argument, I just see females hold muscle better on it, through personal experience and word of mouth. Could be wrong, it's just what ive seen and herd from friends

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And I never said they require a higher dose, just that they handle it better

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And I never said they require a higher dose, just that they handle it better
You are correct. I made the wrong word choice there.

Yeah - I think the muscle wasting thing is over done. I think what happens is glycogen gets depleted very quickly on T3, which draws water out of muscles and makes them appear smaller and obviously reduces performance/strength because of the decreased glycogen. Most people experience this and freak out they are losing muscle.

It would make sense that women have smaller muscles and less glycogen to begin with...so the effect seems smaller on that front. Women probably also freak out about muscle loss less.

But I think women still need to be careful about dosing because they will still have the same cardio toxic effects and the same dose of T3 is acting on less mass in most cases....I am just trying to balance fact from experience. Not questioning your personal observations.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You don't really feel t3 it's not like a stim or anything

Glow

Awards
It is true that thyroid hormone plays a great role in human growth. T3 is the most active thyroid hormone. It contains 3 atoms of iodine, which is responsible for metabolic and neural activities. It produces. High levels of T3 hormones affect metabolism and the way the body uses energy. This is what leads to weight loss. If your BMR is high, a higher T3 increases metabolic rate making the body to use more calories than what you ingest it leads to weight loss.

Nbarger71

Awards
T3 messed my metabolism after my first show. I can’t even lose a lb and gained 15 lbs since. I do cardio and weight train and it’s frustrating. Any suggestions on how to get my metabolism back on track? My diet is ok and still am at a standstill .

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ive never had any problems with t3, no rebound weight or any bad effects on my metabolism after the cycle. And im running pharma grade product (unipharmas T3 from the pharmacy. We do not need prescription to get it in greece and each box of 30pillsx25mcg costs 1.15€)