What am I doing wrong?

Melmel247

Awards
Hello, I am new on here. Just signed up today!

I have been working out consitently since year 2010. Now I am 26, only have one kid born 5 years ago who was really small. I literally have strong abs under my belly fluff and you can see my upper abs clearly. If anything, my body looks better than before my pregnancy, all execept this embarrassing "jelly belly". What happened was my belly stopped shrinking no matter how much I switched up workouts and cut carbs. Now I noticed the fat turned so jiggly that even the smallest movement jiggles and feels so uncomfortable. Its like you can see waves in my belly if I poke it. All the fat accumulates to my lower belly but it doesnt hang down or overlap. It's just a pad of jelly.
I started training inregular hand boxing 1.5 years ago since I always wanted to (this includes jump rope, running, light lifting etc..) and I lost fat and gained lean muscle everywhere. I currently started cardio kickboxing to add some fun and switch up my routine. The class is split 30 mins HIIT and 30 mins kettlebells and abs workouts.
I am going to join a new gym where I will add more resistance training with weights and maybe cut down on the boxing and cardio a bit. I am sick of losing my curves and still having this belly.

My diet looks like this:

Breakfast: oatmeal with honey and almonds, eggs with turkey bacon and cheese, raisin brand with almonds, whole milk yogurt with chia seeds or almonds.

Lunch: chicken ceasar salad, turkey cobb salad, tuna fish salad homemade with very light mayo, Chipotle salmon with quinoa

Dinner: Salmon burger (no bread), chicken cutlet or chicken breast dishes with veggies, turkey burger (no bread)

Drinks: coffee with collagen powder and coconut sugar, turmeric latte, 1/2 cup soy or almond milk with ovaltine powder, green tea, lots of water everyday. Either Super Coffee or Celsius if needed pre workout energy.

Snacks: peanuts, almonds, natural peanut butter with banana (no other carbs that day), hemp seeds, yogurt, or apple with peanut butter.

Any supplements I should add? I will be trying a topical from Evomuse.
Any suggestions on workouts? Please leave out basic ab workouts as I can do them til the sun goes down.

Last edited:

reulert

Awards
those are all great healthy foods to eat but you need to actually track calories and macros to a degree. macros can be ball park or estimate but you need to stick to a calorie regiment if you want to lose the belly fat. Honestly when I read your diet I feel like you are consuming a massive amount of calories.

I would suggest trying IF lean gains schedule 8 hour feeding 16 hour fast daily.
also you are eating a ton of protein and fat. For woman I think carbs are more important than protein and fat is worthless. so higher carb, mid protein and low fat. Carbs are important to keep your metabolism high.
careful with all the nuts and cheese. I would avoid cheese and limit the almonds and seeds

also carb cycling combined with IF would be good. low carb day/high carb day cycle.

taking any supplements? protein? fat burners? BCAAs?

I would suggest getting some low calorie whey Isolate drop some of the meets you are eating(it will help cut out some fat replaceing with a scoop of whey isolate will keep protein up.

supplement with a lean bcaa product that has carnitine and cla
lastly look into folidrone.

Melmel247

Awards
Thanks for the advice! I will try cutting down on fats and see what happens. As far as calories, I need to re-install my calorie counter but I have been eating at normal portions and typically I try to eat protein meals twice a day and carbs once or I try cycling the carbs. I also try not to eat too much meat in one day, It's just hard to keep me from being hungry. I get hungry the minute I smell or see food.
I found pretty good results when I was counting macros but that was when I first started working heavy. I decided to stop looking at calories and just macros. I think sometimes the same workouts lose their effect and that is why I switch up a lot and hence noticed a difference in my belly fat. Unfortunately before when I was cutting calories, I lost everywhere but my belly. I was keeping my calories at an average but then burning a lot from the workouts/training. I never tried IF yet I was too worried about being hungry all the time.

Also when do you think is the best time to eat carbs? I am planning to get more whole grains such as quinoa and brown rice into my diet.

I will look into those supplements as well! Thanks!

reulert

Awards
eat carbs all day. Common myth is there is a better time to eat carbs. doesn't matter unless its a strength training day then pre and post workout.

Also wanted to suggest 30 min fasted cardio in the morning before your first meal last summer I cut I did fasted cardio and almost every morning and that was when I noticed the most come off my belly and was able to reach 12% bf. take bcaas before you start your fasted cardio.

I thought it would be hard to do IF but once you do the schedule for a bout a week you adjust and you wont even be hungry. If you do drink sparkling water, tea, or black coffee to help with hunger.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would look into a Good fat burner with a Good Appetite Suppressant.

Melmel247

Awards
Do you think Alpha T2 would be a good option? Was reading something about it on here earlier. Might give it a try

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you think Alpha T2 would be a good option? Was reading something about it on here earlier. Might give it a try
I don’t have any experience with Alpha T2,but I have read good things about it. What has help Me with My fat burning and Appetite is RXSsupplement Radiate. I also do 2 tablespoon ACV,1 tablespoon lemon juice in 8 oz of water daily.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great information in here. Some good options for a fat burner are:

OxyMax
FitMax
Shift
Anything from Evomuse
Radiate

Those are probably some of the better ones out right now off the top of my head. Alpha T2 is a little dated, check the expiration on it.

Melmel247

Awards
Haha I just received Eviscerate Smolder from Evomuse today. Just experimenting with a topical. I definately want to add a suplement. Thanks for the recommendations! I'll look them up and decide on one

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don’t have any experience with Alpha T2,but I have read good things about it. What has help Me with My fat burning and Appetite is RXSsupplement Radiate. I also do 2 tablespoon ACV,1 tablespoon lemon juice in 8 oz of water daily.
I will second the Radiate to go along with your Smolder

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Solid info in here. Welcome to the forum!

I agree with reulert in his post about diet. The meals and foods you have listed are excellent choices, but if you are eating more calories than you are burning you will not be able to lose body fat. If you've tracked calories in the past it should be easier to go back to it.

I would suggest taking a few days and track what you are currently eating to see how many calories you're consuming. It's hard to tell portions from your description, but it appears that your fat intake might be a bit on the high side.

Regarding carbs - before and after your workouts would be optimal. Don't fear eating carbs at other times during the day though, it's the total calories that matter most at the end of the day.

Eviscerate Smolder is a great topical to start with. Alpha T2 was a great product with great feedback, but the product has been discontinued for a few years now I believe. If you're looking for a comparable product to Alpha T2, I would recommend Oxymax. Very solid thermogenic formula with ingredients for improved mood and focus too

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Supernova/hypernova is insane from evomuse and lift heavy deads, but abs are made in the kitchen !

Melmel247

Awards
Thanks! I just downloaded the fitness pal app. I logged my meal and workout from yesterday and yes I am in a caloric deficit mainly from my workouts and small portions. However the fat was very high ��
Everyone was right lol.
I will look into that product. I want a supplement thats not much of a stim because I want to stick with my preworkout beverages since I am happy with the results from them. I guess just want to add something for now until I lose this belly fat. I'll start looking into them and comparing. Also do you think I should apply the Eviscerate before working out? I put it on last night after a shower pre-bed.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Remember as well that when you cut calories you lose fat from all over and your stomach is usually the last to go. I dieted last year and by the time I was happy with my abs I had lost a lot of size from my arms, chest and back. You would be surprised how much weight you need to lose to get down to where you want to be. Losing your curves is just necessary, there is a reason most female competitors have fake implants.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I just downloaded the fitness pal app. I logged my meal and workout from yesterday and yes I am in a caloric deficit mainly from my workouts and small portions. However the fat was very high í*½í¸¢
Everyone was right lol.
I will look into that product. I want a supplement thats not much of a stim because I want to stick with my preworkout beverages since I am happy with the results from them. I guess just want to add something for now until I lose this belly fat. I'll start looking into them and comparing. Also do you think I should apply the Eviscerate before working out? I put it on last night after a shower pre-bed.
Yes u could and then put the waist trainer around your stomach and do the stairs for cardio ! Try it everyday fasted in the morning if possible.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Also do you think I should apply the Eviscerate before working out? I put it on last night after a shower pre-bed.
You can, but be mindful that it might hurt/burn your skin. Smolder is a mild formula, but it can still cause a tingling/burning on the skin when you're sweating. Use it lightly and see how it goes

Melmel247

Awards
I used to do the treadmill and then the stairs early morning and fasted with a sweat belt on. Unfortunately I had to leave that gym. I love the stair climber though. It made my legs look great. It's my favorite cardio. I now do a morning HIIT with abs and it includes a lot of mountain climbers.

Melmel247

Awards
Lol last night I didn't mind the burn on my belly. However I decided the rub the excess from my hands onto my thighs. Had to wash that off. The burn on my thighs took longer but burned a lot more. It woke me up from my sleep.

Melmel247

Awards
Remember as well that when you cut calories you lose fat from all over and your stomach is usually the last to go. I dieted last year and by the time I was happy with my abs I had lost a lot of size from my arms, chest and back. You would be surprised how much weight you need to lose to get down to where you want to be. Losing your curves is just necessary, there is a reason most female competitors have fake implants.
It sucks. I'll probably just work in my curves afterwards. It just really sucks having a belly and smaller butt and legs (which in my genetics we are known for big butts). I don't look like that now but it happened before. I think replacing running with kickboxing targets more belly and arm fat than anything else and that's why the women there as well as myself still have curves. At least I hope this is the case!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey welcome to the forum, you’ll get some awesome advice and knowledge here.

The points already made are great, imo the absolute key is tracking calorie intake.

It’s really hard for women who have given birth to get a full on set of abs (much harder than for men imo) as you need to be really lean. I train with a couple who have done it and it’s totally possible but you have to dial your nutrition pretty precisely.

Fat burners/topicals etc are all great but ultimately pointless without a small calorie deficit being run for a sustained period.

Good luck, keep us updated

Melmel247

Awards
Surprisingly I have developed and definned muscle in my upper abs that looks like a 4 pack. When I stretch or do stomach vacuums you can see them. I never had abs like that before pregnancy. I had a flat toned tummy but I worked out my abs differently back then. I just cannot get rid of this fat covering. Cardio and abs workouts in the same day just seems to build my abs and not burn belly fat. I have lost everywhere else and had an akward body. I am back to caloric deficit instead of balance. And currently cutting down fatty foods. Thank you for the advice! That also gives me hope as I go along. I saw a woman on the beach with 3 kids and she had mean abs. I will be training much harder. Next month I have a workout plan that I will incorporate more lifting and the HIIT days. Then in the winter I am planning to ice skate more often just to add on witj my routines.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How long have you been doing this diet? IMO looks like calroies are a little low, may be time to chenge it up...

Melmel247

Awards
Update. It's been a month now. I have been cutting calories and fat sticking to a great diet so far. I have been applying eviscerate 2X - before bed and workout. I just finished the cardio kickboxing trial, which I did 4 days a week and did some resistance training every other day + 1 hr long walks on rest day. I don't have the measurements on me now but I lost a noticeable 2 inches around my butt. I didn't lose anything from my thighs. I only lost about half inch on my belly, however my skin looks much better and it feels more firm and the "jiggle" is gone. My legs are very much more toned but seem to be the same size. My appetite has decreased.
I am about to sign up for this new gym and have a whole new routine planned out.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Awesome update and progress Melmel247. Sounds like the hard work is paying off! Keep up the good work and keep us posted

Melmel247

Awards
Ughh update lol:

So I have been using the topical pre- workout with the sweat belt on consistently. My new workout schedule looks like this:

Monday: 15 mins, moderate pace, stair climber, then abs.
Tuesday - boxing gym routine -at least 7 rounds on heavy bags, jump rope, pad work, some pushups and abs.
Wednesdays - legs + glutes day, usually choose 5 different workouts with heavy dumbells (side lunges, split squats, hip thrusts, one legged deadlifts, etc...).
Thursday - just morning abs (intense) + rest day
Friday - boxing workout day, usually a more intensified workout.
Saturday - arms + abs focus day in the gym with equipment and dumbbells.
Sunday - usually go for long walk and morning abs.

My diet has recently not been the best, but I still kept the fats low and make sure I get my daily protein. I have just been eating a bit more since my appetite spiked last month.

Sadly, my belly still looks the same, but my skin looks soo much better. I think my belly is just going to require surgical intervention in the future :( I would get a personal trainer, but for the amount of money, I'm worried that I won't get the results I want. Some women are able to get their bodies back after having a baby (or even a few) through hard work. Some women have that problem where they just can't. I knew a woman who ran marathons and workout like crazy and could never lose that belly pouch. I honestly think it's a genetic issue beyond just losing fat.

Well on the bright side - I LOVE how toned my arms, back, and shoulders are looking, my stamina level is better than it's ever been. My butt and legs look improved in shape, although they are an easy target for me. My skin is improving all over since I cut down on fatty food. My acne is finally cleared (YAY!!). And yes, I can vacuum my belly inwards, and you can see cut abs and obliques. It just sucks I can't get rid of this pouch covering those nice sculpted muscles.

Glow

Awards
First let me welcome you to this progressive forum. I am sure you will get plenty of people in almost the same predicament you have found yourself in but who have gotten help and encouragement here. Back to your discussion, your training is fantastic. I like the way you switch from boxing to lifting to kickboxing. I have no doubt that you will lose weight and develop lean muscles. Also, your diet looks great and is balanced. But my worries are the calories and the macros you are consuming. You need to weigh your calories and ensure that you don’t surpace the recommended amount. Just commit yourself to this and you will see the belly fats melt away.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Too much calories too little energy used. Macros doesn't matter, looking at your diet I believe you're eating too much plain sugar and too much fat combined which is guaranteed fat added. It's the quality of food not the macros itself that matters.