Accurate bf measurements

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need some help on this. I’m trying to figure out exactly what my bf% is. I have a smart scale that says 21%. I have bf calipers that through one method says I’m 11% and another says I’m 29% bf which I know is way to high. I can see my abs without flexing but I know I’m not as low as 11%. Does anybody know a relatively cheap way to figure out exactly what bf% is??? Thanks in advance.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also have an eat smart scale, which I think uses electrical response measured through the feet and based on other inputs lile gender and age gives a pretty close guess. It tralxs well, but I know the % changes are important and have good precision, despite the fact it's perhaps not centrally accurate.

But if your profile photo is current you are probably in the 11-14% range?

Wierd cause my eat smart scale I think matches other methods like the calipers you mentioned fairly well.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My profile picture isn’t current but yes I am right there. This is my current bf in this pictures and it’s hard to believe I’m as high as 21% but maybe I’m wrong.
IMG_9610.JPG

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah no way you're 21%, probably still 10-13% guesstimate.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right, that’s what I’m thinking. I am trying to get down to 10% then start bulking but I can’t get an accurate answer from any of these methods I mentioned. Pissing me off lol

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Right, that’s what I’m thinking. I am trying to get down to 10% then start bulking but I can’t get an accurate answer from any of these methods I mentioned. Pissing me off lol
So Ostarine and 10-15min cardio before weights for 6-8 weeks... With lean diet, cut. Then following that, switch to some DMZ and plain Test E for bulk after?

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m on a andro/s4/yk11 cut right now. Been just about a month on that. I was keto for 2 months prior and have went from 24% bf to whatever I’m at now.. trying to figure that out. Best cut I have ever been on.
IMG_9620.JPG

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Skinfold analysis if done by a professional has roughly 3.5% error.
Your scale uses Bioelectrical Impedance and has an error of 2.7-6.3%.

Clean off your smart scale with a wet paper towel and clean your feet off with a wet paper towel. Allow to dry and then measure.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Skinfold analysis if done by a professional has roughly 3.5% error.
Your scale uses Bioelectrical Impedance and has an error of 2.7-6.3%.

Clean off your smart scale with a wet paper towel and clean your feet off with a wet paper towel. Allow to dry and then measure.
I’ll try that later

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah no way you're 21%, probably still 10-13% guesstimate.
Haha, yeah no way your 21% bro. I’d say this 10-13% guesstimate is spot on.

I’ve used dexa scans a few times - expensive but as good as it gets really.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Ill look into that. Sick of smart scale non sense lol

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Did you benefit from the dexa more then just finding out bf, bone density? I read some give you good insight on your metabolism etc..

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Did you benefit from the dexa more then just finding out bf, bone density? I read some give you good insight on your metabolism etc..
Not sure how a dexa scan can provide info on metabolism??

But yeah the information on the distribution of lean mass is useful in identifying muscular imbalances

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure how a dexa scan can provide info on metabolism??

But yeah the information on the distribution of lean mass is useful in identifying muscular imbalances
I don’t know if it was directly because of the scan but a service they offered using the info from the scan.