Hollywood transformations

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All the time I see in magazines and on tv these actors undergoing these crazy transformations. I’m curious to see if anyone on this sub has insight into how this actually happens. Are they on steroids, strict diets, maybe mild cutting agents and diet? I’d like to know what really transpires to make this actors go from very obese to shredded and muscular for these roles they play. Thanks in advance. I know some people are going to just say roids, which may be true but I’m looking for factual information.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All the time I see in magazines and on tv these actors undergoing these crazy transformations. I’m curious to see if anyone on this sub has insight into how this actually happens. Are they on steroids, strict diets, maybe mild cutting agents and diet? I’d like to know what really transpires to make this actors go from very obese to shredded and muscular for these roles they play. Thanks in advance. I know some people are going to just say roids, which may be true but I’m looking for factual information.
It depends. First, what actors quickly went from “very obese” to “shredded and muscular?” Obese itself implies more than just overweight, and very obese is even a step beyond that.

It also depends on the actor, timeframe, as role. For example, an actor who had dropped some weight for a role will have an easier time putting the mass back on than someone who had never had that mass in the first place.

Also, what actors are you talking about? I’ve heard some people call Brad Pitt from Fight Club and/or Troy jacked, but then there’s some bigger actors like the guys who played Thor and Captain America, and Wolverine, but then the Rock is even bigger than them, as was Stallone in his prime, etc.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes Hollywood actors will take steroids and other weight loss agents when preparing for different roles. They Are overseen by doctors and time the cycles so they are peaking when the shooting of certain scenes are going to take place. Movies are not shot in the same order you see on screen. You can notice in a lot of movies , take Thor in some of the avengers movies, he is clearly much bigger and harder in some scenes than others. 50 shades freed is another movie you can clearly tell. The guy is super hard and veiny in the shower scene and some of the sex scenes, and he is much softer and not as big in others.

Now let's not forget these guys have the best trainers, diet, and doctors money can buy and that is their work/business to eat and train to prepare for roles. You can find information about it if you dig around the web enough. I think I've even seen a little mini documentary about it at some point. It is one of hollywoods dirty little secret.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you don't work out and then go balls to the wall for a few months you will have a insane transformation. I'm sure some use juice but if your untrained or on a long break then it don't take much to get dem gains

mugger

mugger

Awards
Brother, the ones that do are obvious. I think it's the reason what's his name, Hugh Jackman, says he's quitting Wolverine. He just doesn't have to go through the BS to get big and cut at his age.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brother, the ones that do are obvious. I think it's the reason what's his name, Hugh Jackman, says he's quitting Wolverine. He just doesn't have to go through the BS to get big and cut at his age.
Or he’s just tired of it. RDJ is tired of making Iron Man movies and he never had to get in amazing shape for them. Hugh has been playing Wolverine for almost two decades now, do you really blame him for not wanting to do it anymore? There were also rumors that he said he’d do another movie as Wolverine if it was part of the MCU, so he may just be bored of it IMO.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
RDJ never has to show his body, he is iron man. Look at Chris Evans in the first captain America. Look at him in infinity wars. Why do you think he wore long sleeves for the whole movie.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RDJ never has to show his body, he is iron man. Look at Chris Evans in the first captain America. Look at him in infinity wars. Why do you think he wore long sleeves for the whole movie.
I know RDJ doesn't have to; that's my point. I'm saying that Hugh isn't necessarily done doing X-Men movies because he's tired of getting in shape for them, he may just be tired of them, just like RDJ seems to be getting tired of doing Iron Man films. Combine that with Hugh (supposedly) saying that he'd play Wolverine in a MCU movie, and it seems like he may be willing to do it again, just not for more of the same movies.

I haven't seen Infinity War yet haha, but Thor was pretty big in some parts of Ragnarok. Evans was definitely pretty big in the first Captain America movie though.

Still, the Rock is one of the only "next level" big actor today. There aren't many actors on the level of someone like Stallone (in Rocky IV), and certainly none like Arnold back in the day haha.

Speaking of Arnold, have you heard they're supposedly planning a sequel to Twins? Triplets, with Arnold, DeVito, and Eddie Muphy.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That movie sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen

mugger

mugger

Awards
The guy gives an "idea" of what he thinks the Rock is using. Go 5to Youtube, and type in UNSPOKEN TRUTH about the Rock's workout. Can't post links

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
People in Hollywood are successful because they are very driven, goal oriented people. They also have a lot of money and the Freedom with their time.
So they make the transformation because they are successful driven people that have the resources and Freedom to be able to give their full absolute focus 24/7 without any bottlenecks

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People in Hollywood are successful because they are very driven, goal oriented people. They also have a lot of money and the Freedom with their time.
So they make the transformation because they are successful driven people that have the resources and Freedom to be able to give their full absolute focus 24/7 without any bottlenecks
Good points. It’s much easier to bulk/cut/etc when you’re being paid (very, very, very well) to do it, and have access to the best trainers, chefs, facilities, equipment, etc, not to mention doctors and drugs if need be.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
They have meals cooked for them with macros perfectly brown down. The chef and nutritional coach do the work.

Coaches for every aspect of the journey, dedicated solely to the 1 person and available 24/7 (my guess).

Steroids in some cases = yes

All day every day leading up to the role is spent getting ready for the role (including script, transformation, ect)

they are motivated by the millions of dollars they will get for playing that role in the movie. I would guess in some cases they risk losing the part if they don’t meet the requirements.

More motivation - millions of people will see them in the movie. If you told me in 6 months I will be shirtless in front of thousands/millions of females... I would have a physical transformation I couldn’t image possible.

They have the $ to afford any food, supplements, coaches, work out needs, doctors, roids, ect they need.

CGI and photoshop...

As mentioned they approach certain scenes like a BB’er approach’s the short time they are on stage in a competition.

Everything is laid out for them. They just have to go through the motions. They have the motivation to do it regardless how difficult “going through the motions” may be.

Again... don’t forget CGI and Photoshop... lighting and makeup too. If you have ever seen a before / after of photoshop / CGI you will realize how huge a difference it makes.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Funny as I stumbled across a video about this where it was clips from Jackman, Chris Pratt, Chris Evans, Hemsworth and and Zac Effron. Each one said they were eating tons of Chicken and fish and steamed veggies, Zac said he would blend his chicken breasts and drink it.

For Pain and Gain, it was leaked that Wahlberg was juicing.

For the original Batman, Christian Bales was jacked, some in part due to his 60-80 lb weight loss for the machinist. Once he started eating his body just absorbed everything.

Are all these guys on AAS/PEDS etc...No but there is definitely some "magic supplements" being used with many.

Also look at it this way, low body fat is an illussion.....you can have a 165 lb guy at 6% bodyfat "appear" bigger than a 200lb guy at 15%....

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Funny as I stumbled across a video about this where it was clips from Jackman, Chris Pratt, Chris Evans, Hemsworth and and Zac Effron. Each one said they were eating tons of Chicken and fish and steamed veggies, Zac said he would blend his chicken breasts and drink it.

For Pain and Gain, it was leaked that Wahlberg was juicing.

For the original Batman, Christian Bales was jacked, some in part due to his 60-80 lb weight loss for the machinist. Once he started eating his body just absorbed everything.

Are all these guys on AAS/PEDS etc...No but there is definitely some "magic supplements" being used with many.

Also look at it this way, low body fat is an illussion.....you can have a 165 lb guy at 6% bodyfat "appear" bigger than a 200lb guy at 15%....
Very good point with the bodyfat %. I know for myself that holds true. I get so down on myself thinking I’m small then I’ll cut and feel so much better cause I look better but in reality, I lost 4lbs of muscle from the cut. It really is smoke and mirrors.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah - I think there are a lot of little "factors" at play here. I know someone who spent time on broadway trying to make it as an actor get into movies. People don't realize that these people are often selling how they look - so they spend a lot of time on their body to begin with. A lot of them aren't ever really that out of shape, they may carry extra fat, but they're working out. I'm not talking everyone - there are plenty of Jack Blacks - but it's the industry.

And of course, if you had a role you were going to make $1M to play (or much more) - you'd get some "assistance". It wouldn't be professional not to use the drugs at your disposal on some level.

Plus you'd have good coaching and help.

But I think the BIGGEST factor is that this is their JOB. If you or I go on an extreme hardcore diet and exercise regimen - fine, we will see fast results and it will be hard - but we will be fitting it in between our daily responsibilities of family, day jobs, etc. We only have so much energy to give to life. For the actor, it IS their day job.

Just think if you woke up tomorrow morning and someone said, "OK - you're done with work. I'm going to pay you $1,000,000. All I need you to do is drop 50 pounds in the next 2 months and learn these lines." What would you do? Of course, yeah - getting in that position takes some work, pitfalls and acting skill - but you'd probably make an amazing transformation too.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah - I think there are a lot of little "factors" at play here. I know someone who spent time on broadway trying to make it as an actor get into movies. People don't realize that these people are often selling how they look - so they spend a lot of time on their body to begin with. A lot of them aren't ever really that out of shape, they may carry extra fat, but they're working out. I'm not talking everyone - there are plenty of Jack Blacks - but it's the industry.

And of course, if you had a role you were going to make $1M to play (or much more) - you'd get some "assistance". It wouldn't be professional not to use the drugs at your disposal on some level.

Plus you'd have good coaching and help.

But I think the BIGGEST factor is that this is their JOB. If you or I go on an extreme hardcore diet and exercise regimen - fine, we will see fast results and it will be hard - but we will be fitting it in between our daily responsibilities of family, day jobs, etc. We only have so much energy to give to life. For the actor, it IS their day job.

Just think if you woke up tomorrow morning and someone said, "OK - you're done with work. I'm going to pay you $1,000,000. All I need you to do is drop 50 pounds in the next 2 months and learn these lines." What would you do? Of course, yeah - getting in that position takes some work, pitfalls and acting skill - but you'd probably make an amazing transformation too.
Yeah, they have pretty much every controllable variable stacked in their favor. They have time (it’s their job), money (a ton of it), access to the best and purist drugs and doctors (if necessary; not every role needs drugs), money for any food they could ever want, and chefs to cook it if they want. Most anyone could succeed giving these conditions and this motivation lol. It’s just not everyone can act and/or has the natural good looks to make it to that level as an actor where these things happen.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Makes you wonder if their are "supplement" coaches to the stars:surprised:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Even if you take drugs out of the picture, if someone can get trained 2x a day with perfect nutrition and probably a chef, get uninterupted sleep and probably a nap here and there. Do that every day for 6-12 weeks and you will probably make more progress then most ppl do in a year. Add drugs and skys the limit

Newth

Awards
If Tom Hardy doesn't become the most jacked ****er in Hollywood as the Venom series continues I'm writing him off.
And I'm not talking about some Bane like Dbol stint either!

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If Tom Hardy doesn't become the most jacked ****er in Hollywood as the Venom series continues I'm writing him off.
Tom hardy is a great actor but once I found out he got knocked out by Shia labouf, he kinda lost some points in my book

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tom hardy is a great actor but once I found out he got knocked out by Shia labouf, he kinda lost some points in my book
He was taking the piss when he said that

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
His back was pretty bad

Lift Lion

Awards
90% of the time it's gear.

When I started really lifting, I wanted a role model for inspiration. I picked a movie star who recently went through a "transformation" for a role. We were similar height, similar starting weight and physic, so this gave me a good baseline to track against and a realistic goal, I thought.

I read all the fitness magazine articles about his workout and diet. I read the book his personal trainer wrote. I did the same exercises, ate the same food, everything. And my results progressed, and they were similar and getting closer, but they just weren't there.

I wasn't developing certain muscles the way he was, despite doing the same exercises (read flag 1, he was growing muscles he wasn't working). I threw in auxiliary exercises and started to catch up on those muscles. He said in an interview that he got in such good shape, he was able to bench his own bodyweight (170 lbs). I was benching 270 and didn't look as muscular (red flag 2, I was over 50% stronger than him, he was gaining muscle, not strength). He was also filming in Eastern Europe, which I later learned is where steroids are legally prescribed by doctors at supra-physiological levels. Stars apparently go to Germany to get put on good, legal, medically monitored gear.

Edward Norton admitted to gear for American History X. Tom Hardy said "how do you think?" when asked how he got big for Bane. The Jersey Shore guys in the off season are flabby and then joked about "let's go get in shape" and then two weeks later are huge. Stalone was caught by Australian customs with test vials.

Someone like Brad Pitt in Fight Club could maybe pull it off without gear because he wasn't really that muscular, or lean, or vascular. He was just fit. Ed Norton in Fight Club had already done gear to build muscle, so he might be able to just cut down and still look like that.

I read an article from a Hollywood personal trainer admitting that most of the industry is on gear, it's an open secret, but of course not his guys. No, he was the only honest trainer in Hollywood.

If your career was on the line, millions of dollars in movie contracts, wouldn't you do it? Athletes risk getting caught to get the edge. They don't drug test actors. Why wouldn't they do it to get an edge?

So, don't base your progress or goals on celebs, their gains are not realistic and will only frustrate you.

Lift Lion

Awards
Just think if you woke up tomorrow morning and someone said, "OK - you're done with work. I'm going to pay you $1,000,000. All I need you to do is drop 50 pounds in the next 2 months and learn these lines." What would you do?
Buy gear?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Loads of people at my gym take gear and look like ****

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's obvious the Rock is a heavier user, I remember when he leaned down to maybe 200lb-ish as he wanted more serious roles and not the stereotypical muscle head but after he really got no where, it was all "creatine" :joke: and now look at where he is......

meatneck71

Awards
He said jokingly that he loves to eat, and playing Wolverine for the past 17+ years, he had to maintain that physique, and who wouldn't for the money he was getting. But, as you can tell, he was def. super juiced especially in his earlier movies. Even in Logan, he let himself go a little bit for the part, but he was still bulking..

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gear and tons of it. If you don’t look good on AAS you are pathetic and should end it.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here is the thing you hae to remember, these people most likely are on special supplements but if smart, hire chefs/cooks etc that literally just put meals in front of them..."dont question it" just eat........

I am clean and wish I had a personal chef that would put meals in front of me every 2-4 hours...