justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Metformin increases insulin resistance, but Berberine is better actually, and it doesn't require a prescription...
What interests me are long term studies on it's cancer resistance properties.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Metformin increases insulin resistance, but Berberine is better actually, and it doesn't require a prescription...
Metformin or berberine?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Metformin or berberine?
Berberine is better.

Metformin also reduces your B12, and has some effect on your liver.

"In summary, that berberine is a potent oral hypoglycemic agent with modest effect on lipid metabolism. It is safe and the cost of treatment by berberine is very low. It may serve as a new drug candidate in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2410097/

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha why do you post on things that you don’t understand? Metformin is prescribed widely for type two diabetes (insulin resistance)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha why do you post on things that you don’t understand? Metformin is prescribed widely for type two diabetes (insulin resistance)
Well, you make as delicate as always. Where to begin however. I know it's intended use.

Ever since before both my parents died from cancer, I was searching for various means to prevent; or care of those suffering with it. Maybe turn down the hate a little bit.

You like to quote NCBI. After a cursory search just to satisfy your need to be shown something.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4200668/

If I have offended you in some way, I apologize.
-M

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, you make a harsh point as always. Where to begin however. I wanted to just say "EFF OFF" but I'm not like you.

Ever since before both my parents died from cancer, I was searching for various means to prevent; or care of those suffering with it. I know it's intended use.

You like to quote NCBI.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4200668/
I was talking about the insulin resistance part pal.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I meant to write reduces insulin resistance but wrote the opposite. I'm dyslexic. If you were to see me type, you'd know I invest in backspace and auto correct a bit much. Try not to be so ready to pounce on someone you don't like.

I know what it means as it relates to taking it with products that increase insulin resistance.
Ahh apologies

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Has anytime used metformin for fat loss?
Probably better alternatives to it, if you don’t have a pressing reason to use it. Can be a pretty rough compound.

Haza25

Haza25

Awards
Probably better alternatives to it, if you don’t have a pressing reason to use it. Can be a pretty rough compound.
Yeah I guess I have just came a cross it s lot online and wondered if it was correct what people say

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been on it for the last 6 months and I’ve lost weight, but I don’t think it’s from it.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your on it because???
Oh, because I’m fat. I think years of yo-yo weight gain and losses have caused a lot of complications with my body.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, because I’m fat. I think years of yo-yo weight gain and losses have caused a lot of complications with my body.
Oh by the way.....I don't fuk with skinny girls.
I like thick thighs and pretty eyes

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh by the way.....I don't fuk with skinny girls.
I like thick thighs and pretty eyes
Haha, dang! Will you take a girl who’s held together by makeup and a great push up bra?!? ?

herosjourney

Awards
I wouldn't assume metformin or berberine help at all with weight loss, but in case of insulin resistance they make you less likely to develop it further, and help reverse it. I used berberine for a couple of weeks for it's AMPK-activating properties and to see if I saw any difference in mood taken before high carb meals. Can anyone verify are they insulin-sensitizing in both fat and muscle tissue? Which is the not so good part of most GDA:s i think.

Ursa Major

Awards
I was prescribed that for the same reason, however I stopped losing weight up to a certain point. Added more cardio, received zero results. Asked my pharmacist, she says bump it up to 3 pills a day. However I'm out so im about to hit up the Dr for blood work and a refill script. I'll let you know of updates.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First let me say, many diabetes medication cause weight gain. The reason is the medications help you use (store) the energy you are eating.

Metformin work in your liver. It is considered weight neutral for diabetics. But it can cause nausea, diarrhea, and a metallic taste in your mouth. So I can see how clients could lose weight when they start using it. With time, those side effects go away.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First let me say, many diabetes medication cause weight gain. The reason is the medications help you use (store) the energy you are eating.

Metformin work in your liver. It is considered weight neutral for diabetics. But it can cause nausea, diarrhea, and a metallic taste in your mouth. So I can see how clients could lose weight when they start using it. With time, those side effects go away.
No metformin is not weight neutral. It definitely has a correlation with weightloss and NOT due to side effects

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude where the f&@$ have you been?
Dude I've been lost! Hahah college, full time job, relationship, sh!t show of a family, depression, working on a supp(ended up abandoning the project for now), and trying to have a social life. I barely have me time, let alone forum time and I'm lost on whats new and effective and way behind most research now. Also another concussion, and a short stint of alcoholism. It's all taken a toll on me, my time, and my memory. However, I'm doing pretty good now!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude I've been lost! Hahah college, full time job, relationship, sh!t show of a family, depression, working on a supp(ended up abandoning the project for now), and trying to have a social life. I barely have me time, let alone forum time and I'm lost on whats new and effective and way behind most research now. Also another concussion, and a short stint of alcoholism. It's all taken a toll on me, my time, and my memory. However, I'm doing pretty good now!
God damn. Well get your ass back on here to learn! Girls suck anyway lol

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wouldn't assume metformin or berberine help at all with weight loss, but in case of insulin resistance they make you less likely to develop it further, and help reverse it. I used berberine for a couple of weeks for it's AMPK-activating properties and to see if I saw any difference in mood taken before high carb meals. Can anyone verify are they insulin-sensitizing in both fat and muscle tissue? Which is the not so good part of most GDA:s i think.
Saying that increasing insulin sensitivy isn't so good in both muscle and fat is a little too focused. This isn't necessarily true. Insulin resistant fat will still cause a need for higher insulin levels, and higher insulin levels will create resistance in muscles. It is all part of the same system.

I would rather have a system that is very sensitive to insulin that never has caloric excess because I eat correctly.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know someone who ran it successfully for a while (over 6 months) and leaned out considerably. It has negative effects on testosterone though.

Last edited: