• Established
Are you trying to loose weight or?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know it's kind of always been the cool thing to say in the lifting world, but when you have strong cardio, you will feel much stronger than you do just lifting.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know it's kind of always been the cool thing to say in the lifting world, but when you have strong cardio, you will feel much stronger than you do just lifting.
You'll be leaner too, and if you do cheat the calories will land in all the right places.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
LISS cardio is really beneficial for cardiovascular health as well. Helps with blood pressure which, when taking anabolics, can be especially useful.

Do something that sucks until it doesnt suck anymore.....

Biomeddood

Awards
Using treadmill? Then yes..it can be boring as f#$%. I started out on my treadmill but stick to it mainly in winter. Weather has changed here in California last couple of weeks so I'm back to my street runs ...far more exciting and get to see/meet other locals in my area too. Will be starting trail running once a week with a runner friend next week (still scoping out the trails runs in my area though).

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, long runs can suck but they really help. I’ve actually been doing a spin class occasionally and while not the manliest thing, it is amazing cardio and you’ll have an hour in before you know it

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Yea, long runs can suck but they really help. I’ve actually been doing a spin class occasionally and while not the manliest thing, it is amazing cardio and you’ll have an hour in before you know it
Spin is no joke, those women are intense. I've also found the occasional spin class to be a great way to meet fit women too. It's a win-win

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
**** hurts

Still doin 20 mins hiit 4 days a week though, let's see how this **** works
Don't burn yourself out with too much HIIT. Doing HIIT 4x per week is overkill IMO. I would do 2-3 days of HIIT and incorporate some lower intensity cardio on the other days. You don't want to burn yourself out and negatively impact your recovery by doing too much high intensity cardio

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recently started adding in basketball and racquetball into the mix. I was getting bored of elliptical and treadmill. The weather here in the midwest is finally warming up, so soon I can move some cardio outside. It's all about finding something you can enjoy.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recently started adding in basketball and racquetball into the mix. I was getting bored of elliptical and treadmill. The weather here in the midwest is finally warming up, so soon I can move some cardio outside. It's all about finding something you can enjoy.
This would be a great workout with full sweats on. Skip to 1:55
[video=youtube;5yAnxYtT5kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yAnxYtT5kk[/video]

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't burn yourself out with too much HIIT. Doing HIIT 4x per week is overkill IMO. I would do 2-3 days of HIIT and incorporate some lower intensity cardio on the other days. You don't want to burn yourself out and negatively impact your recovery by doing too much high intensity cardio
Agree with this.

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
There is an indoor basket ball court in our gym, I occasionally shoot some hoops for a while, it's relaxing

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's what I've been told, haven't seen much in the way of progress since starting to do it a lot more. I'll cut back and do some low intensity instead, see how that turns out

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is an indoor basket ball court in our gym, I occasionally shoot some hoops for a while, it's relaxing
It can be relaxing. Some days my local Y is empty, brand new facility I don't think people know it's there yet lol. So I can go full court and jack around. I can get HR up real fast doing that. Just wish I could dunk lmao

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It can be relaxing. Some days my local Y is empty, brand new facility I don't think people know it's there yet lol. So I can go full court and jack around. I can get HR up real fast doing that. Just wish I could dunk lmao
5'10" 300lbs? You are built like a dunking machine!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5'10" 300lbs? You are built like a dunking machine!
Lol I'm not 300 anymore, just never updated stats. I did work with a dude that was 6 foot 325 and could dunk like a mofo. It was crazy

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lower intensity is fine say 120 beats per minutes or less

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Lower intensity is fine say 120 beats per minutes or less
That's so slow lol, I normally have my heart rate at 180+, thinking about it now that is probably what is making my body hold onto fat

btothefman

Awards
what do you think of 7-10 minutes of metcon after weights, targeting the muscles worked?

overkill or a good finisher, goal for torching fat?

DonutGains89

DonutGains89

Awards
I agree with above doing HIIT that much is overkill IMO, I like 2-3 times a week of HIIT for up to 12 minutes, the other days do LISS. As long as diet and training are in check, you should see good results! Try going outside, doing cardio in the gym is boring as fu*k!! but theres youtube at least haha

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's so slow lol, I normally have my heart rate at 180+, thinking about it now that is probably what is making my body hold onto fat
Hit cardio high bpm making you hold onto bodyfat?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I don't think this is causing you to hold bodyfat, but I do think that too much HIIT can negatively impact recovery and put unneeded stress on your body.

I would stick to HIIT 2-3 times per week, and add in some LISS sessions to help create a deficit in your calories. There's no type of cardio that will make you "hold onto fat", but you need to be eating properly and you need to be in a deficit

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think this is causing you to hold bodyfat, but I do think that too much HIIT can negatively impact recovery and put unneeded stress on your body.

I would stick to HIIT 2-3 times per week, and add in some LISS sessions to help create a deficit in your calories. There's no type of cardio that will make you "hold onto fat", but you need to be eating properly and you need to be in a deficit
It could indirectly by raising cortisol, causing unwanted stress, which in turn can cause you to hold water , impair fatloss

I train heavy and currently in contest prep. Ive done hit before as ive gotten ready for five contest and been though some half preps. anyways , I know from expirience when im run down, if i do hit cardio Im toast. You can try interval cardio.