can you still get fat by drinking alot of water after eating unhealthy food?

Saif96

Awards
so whenever I start eating unhealthy food I drink lots of water around 3000-4000ml which makes me feel very bloated but I started to get used to it, the reason i do this because my thesis is if i eat unhealthy food and drink lots of water i can flush out the fats quicker instead of absorbing it, am i right or am i doing it wrong?

DonutsNDeads

DonutsNDeads

Awards
so whenever I start eating unhealthy food I drink lots of water around 3000-4000ml which makes me feel very bloated but I started to get used to it, the reason i do this because my thesis is if i eat unhealthy food and drink lots of water i can flush out the fats quicker instead of absorbing it, am i right or am i doing it wrong?
Hats absolutely false, drinking water does not negate the fact your in a caloric surplus.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
well is there any positive that im doing this?
no, even the opposite is the case here. you make your food just harder to digest because you are thinning the stomach acid with your high water intake. there is really no benefit of doing this

Saif96

Awards
no, even the opposite is the case here. you make your food just harder to digest because you are thinning the stomach acid with your high water intake. there is really no benefit of doing this
thats strange, i always heard that drinking water helps loss weight..

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
a caloric deficit is the only factor that counts; without that, you wont loose any fat

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
it will flush out that sodium quicker that's about all

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the only way drinking copious amounts of water can "help" you lose weight is that its physically harder to overeat haha. your stomach is only so big and if its full of gallons of water, you wont be able to cram more cookies and pizza into your pie hole without vomiting (which actually can help with weight loss hahahahaha)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check his posts guys, save yourself from being trolled.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By drinking a LOT of water, you get your kidneys into overdrive, eliminating more fluids than you put in -hence weight loss (Water)

Short term weight loss = Yes --- Fat loss = NO.

Saif96

Awards
By drinking a LOT of water, you get your kidneys into overdrive, eliminating more fluids than you put in -hence weight loss (Water)

Short term weight loss = Yes --- Fat loss = NO.
well idleast it decreases weight loss I've gained weight id like to go back at 65-70kg instead of my current 78kg I'll stick doing this, might even double to 6000-8000ml of water a day if its safe.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well idleast it decreases weight loss I've gained weight id like to go back at 65-70kg instead of my current 78kg I'll stick doing this, might even double to 6000-8000ml of water a day if its safe.
You already know how to lose weight (fat). There is no easy way out, besides surgery.
Drinking a lot of water is purely cosmetic and short lived. If you drink too much water a day, you may actually die -on the other hand, if you die and rot, you actually lose weight.

APC80

APC80

Awards
You cannot be ****in serious. Going by the other threads you've started, if you aren't a troll I'll eat the iPad I'm typing this on.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You cannot be ****in serious. Going by the other threads you've started, if you aren't a troll I'll eat the iPad I'm typing this on.
Make sure you drink plenty of water afterwards. You should be ok if you do that.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You ever poop out an undigested burrito? I'm guessing not.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Drinking a glass of ice cold water before a meal can help by making you less hungry, but doesn't do anything on a metabolic level.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're all debunking all the tried and true truth and facts we all live by and preach;

Eat E2/3 hrs is urban legend and now drinking gallons of water is not desirable.

I've learned more in two threads today than I have in 15yrs.

Everything I've lived by has been a lie. Next - no ducking Santa Claus? I've got to rexamine my life. Thanks AM!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This. Drink your water away from meals.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're all debunking all the tried and true truth and facts we all live by and preach;

Eat E2/3 hrs is urban legend and now drinking gallons of water is not desirable.

I've learned more in two threads today than I have in 15yrs.

Everything I've lived by has been a lie. Next - no ducking Santa Claus? I've got to rexamine my life. Thanks AM!
Drinking plenty of water is still beneficial, and eating multiple small meals instead of large meals still does have some advantages, one being that smaller volumes of food will stretch out your stomach less than larger volumes. You can call bro science if you want, but if you are like me, you will have to do stomach vacuums constantly while doing so. It sucks being able to see your abs and not pull them in until after 6 or so weeks of vacuums.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it helps if you drink water before your eat.. this makes you feel fuller than you are so in the long run you eat less. calorie intake should be your biggest concern when losing weight.

quit cheating bro. get some fortitude and stick to your macros.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is the most rediculous thing nutrition related that I've heard in a long time. There is zero benefits to what you are doing. Drinking lots of water will change nothing about your ****ty diet, I can't even imagine how you came up with this idea

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Guys, I am gonna side with the OP on this. You are all wrong...provided he is drinking very cold water.

Now, if he drank a gallon of water that was COLD, like 3 degrees Celsius. The body would need to heat that to 34 degrees (human body temp).

It takes 1 calorie to raise a gram of water 1 degree C.

A gallon of water weighs about 3785 grams.

3785 grams x 34 degrees = 128,690 calories.

We are really talking kcals though, so almost 129 calories are burned.

Well, kind of. There is heat in our bodies that is already wasted and just sitting there, ready to heat the water or dissipate. So in the real world this isn't exact...but that gallon could likely save him at least 50 calories.

Drinking 10 gallons of cold cold water is like spending an hour on a treadmill at 5 mph. Shred city.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Perfect, I'm going to chase all my fast food with ice water

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This sounds like some Tom Brady-esque “I don’t get sunburned because I drink a lot of water” nonsense.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Drinking water before eating helps you lose weight because it fills you up.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lately I have been getting terrible headaches. Went back to carrying a gallon water jug around all day... headaches gone. Hydration baby. Except now I get no sleep cause I'm up all night running to bathroom lol.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Guys, I am gonna side with the OP on this. You are all wrong...provided he is drinking very cold water.

Now, if he drank a gallon of water that was COLD, like 3 degrees Celsius. The body would need to heat that to 34 degrees (human body temp).

It takes 1 calorie to raise a gram of water 1 degree C.

A gallon of water weighs about 3785 grams.

3785 grams x 34 degrees = 128,690 calories.

We are really talking kcals though, so almost 129 calories are burned.

Well, kind of. There is heat in our bodies that is already wasted and just sitting there, ready to heat the water or dissipate. So in the real world this isn't exact...but that gallon could likely save him at least 50 calories.

Drinking 10 gallons of cold cold water is like spending an hour on a treadmill at 5 mph. Shred city.
You got me thinking, rather than drinking cold water surely the same principle could be applied if external temperature was lowered......thus the idea of ice baths in fast food joints has been born....

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just alternate icy cold and hot water in the shower and use the shiver energy expenditure to burn calories while eating fast food.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You got me thinking, rather than drinking cold water surely the same principle could be applied if external temperature was lowered......thus the idea of ice baths in fast food joints has been born....
Well, actually - ice baths would burn more calories than drinking water. I mean, you could "easily" get in a bath with 20-30 gallons of ice and try to melt it with your own body heat...although, this may kill you because you won't be able to heat the ice fast enough. But if you could find a cold temp that you could survive and heat up a bunch of water through your body heat, you would burn more cals of course...basic physics.

BUT, being in cold environments also causes the creation of brown fat (at least in theory) - so beyond getting the actual calorie burn from heating the water, your body would adjust and create new ways to burn more calories all the time (through brown fat) - thus increasing metabolism even when not in the cold bath.

Not sure I'd advise going to extreme on this though.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This sounds like some Tom Brady-esque “I don’t get sunburned because I drink a lot of water” nonsense.
You can't argue with results though, right? GOAT.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, actually - ice baths would burn more calories than drinking water. I mean, you could "easily" get in a bath with 20-30 gallons of ice and try to melt it with your own body heat...although, this may kill you because you won't be able to heat the ice fast enough. But if you could find a cold temp that you could survive and heat up a bunch of water through your body heat, you would burn more cals of course...basic physics.

BUT, being in cold environments also causes the creation of brown fat (at least in theory) - so beyond getting the actual calorie burn from heating the water, your body would adjust and create new ways to burn more calories all the time (through brown fat) - thus increasing metabolism even when not in the cold bath.

Not sure I'd advise going to extreme on this though.
Get shredded or die trying......lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't argue with results though, right? GOAT.
Haha. I can argue with the sunburn thing. Maybe he’s just an amazing athlete regardless of the “TB12” stuff, or perhaps even in spite of it. With a sample size of one man, we can’t really say him playing well at 40 is because of his TB12 pajamas, drinking water, or just being an amazing quarterback. If he had gone from mediocre or good to amazing after these things, then maybe we’d have a somewhat better argument.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha...well...have you ever seen Tom Brady's draft day photos? You do know he was the last pick in the draft. The last guy picked!!!

Not sure how much worse he could have been and still even had a chance to become the greatest.

images.jpeg

But, yeah, in all seriousness...TB12 is pretty quacked up

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha...well...have you ever seen Tom Brady's draft day photos? You do know he was the last pick in the draft. The last guy picked!!!

Not sure how much worse he could have been and still even had a chance to become the greatest.

View attachment 159149

But, yeah, in all seriousness...TB12 is pretty quacked up
Haha. He has a hell of a work ethic and a chip on his shoulder. I just think his TB12 has come dangerously close to being “cult-like,” and I’m not the only one to think that. Some people much closer to him than me have said similar things. Have you seen the BS supps his guru/trainer guy sells/sold? Concussion water. A greens supplement that could supposedly cure basically every disease known to man.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha. He has a hell of a work ethic and a chip on his shoulder. I just think his TB12 has come dangerously close to being “cult-like,” and I’m not the only one to think that. Some people much closer to him than me have said similar things. Have you seen the BS supps his guru/trainer guy sells/sold? Concussion water. A greens supplement that could supposedly cure basically every disease known to man.
Lol, yeah...I live in MA. I don't follow his nutrition stuff too much as its always crazy. You probably saw that Bellicheck finally prohibited his trainer from coming on the team jet or training any players other than Brady a few weeks back.

Still, it really is amazing when you see guys who go last in any draft turn themselves into contenders. Isaiah Thomas is another guy that we loved here. Last in the draft and he is still under appreciated. He always said that his goal wasn't to be drafted first, his goal was to be drafted. And he said he saw it as an opportunity and he took it. Jason Terry told him that opportunity never goes away, it just goes to someone else. I love that stuff....

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, yeah...I live in MA. I don't follow his nutrition stuff too much as its always crazy. You probably saw that Bellicheck finally prohibited his trainer from coming on the team jet or training any players other than Brady a few weeks back.

Still, it really is amazing when you see guys who go last in any draft turn themselves into contenders. Isaiah Thomas is another guy that we loved here. Last in the draft and he is still under appreciated. He always said that his goal wasn't to be drafted first, his goal was to be drafted. And he said he saw it as an opportunity and he took it. Jason Terry told him that opportunity never goes away, it just goes to someone else. I love that stuff....
Yeah, I heard about Bellicheck. I keep hearing that Isiah Thomas is a really bad defender, a liability, particularly in a deep playoff run. What’s your opinion on that?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I heard about Bellicheck. I keep hearing that Isiah Thomas is a really bad defender, a liability, particularly in a deep playoff run. What’s your opinion on that?
The guy is 5'8'' - he is at a disadvantage and you could call him a liability, but he is at a disadvantage offensively too and it's easier to point to him scoring 25+ points than it is to say he gets 2 steals a game. I mean, he isn't gonna get a lot of blocks and if he goes for steals then he becomes a liability like anyone else constantly taking chances.

In other words, he is swimming up stream and it makes sense that people think that of him. But on the other hand, I don't like to count him out. I love the fight in that guy.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought I would put this out there. Michael Jordan was a 3rd round draft pick and The Chicago Bulls forgot to pick him up at the airport.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The guy is 5'8'' - he is at a disadvantage and you could call him a liability, but he is at a disadvantage offensively too and it's easier to point to him scoring 25+ points than it is to say he gets 2 steals a game. I mean, he isn't gonna get a lot of blocks and if he goes for steals then he becomes a liability like anyone else constantly taking chances.

In other words, he is swimming up stream and it makes sense that people think that of him. But on the other hand, I don't like to count him out. I love the fight in that guy.
That’s not what I really mean. He’s at a “disadvantage” due to his height, but he’s a solid offensive player (lots of points, efficient, etc). I heard that on defense he can’t make up for his height, that he gives up more points than a great/elite guard should.

For example, and I know it’s not a normal stat, but that newfangled analysis stuff, but the RPM (real plus minus), a metric that “measures how well a team does offensively and defensively with any given on court, and compares it with how well the team does at each with that same player off the court,” had Thomas ranked as the 3rd best offensive PG in the NBA, but last (78th) among eligible PGs in defensive RPM.

I hear lots of people saying that his lack of defensive ability can be exploited in the finals and that may make it difficult to win a championship.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
the body spares the energy he needs for heating and cooling stuff on other points in the body. it just doesnt work like that. thats the same as with gluconeogenese, not all energy he needs for that are additional burned calories.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Drinking water before eating helps you lose weight because it fills you up.
Only if drinking it stops you eating ****e. If you drink a gallon of water before every junk meal but still eat a decent size junk meal then it makes no difference.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Only if drinking it stops you eating ****e. If you drink a gallon of water before every junk meal but still eat a decent size junk meal then it makes no difference.
Then drink more so you don't eat a large junk food meal, or don't eat junk food.
Everyone long timer here knows the battle is fought in the kitchen with at least 70 percent of your effort. This isn't theoretical physics we are discussing.

• Drink water
  • Eat proper
  • Work out
  • and Rest
Even drinking more water and LESS junk food would permit losing weight but not because as the OP stated, 'flushing out the fat'. If you do not wish to succeed, then you won't. Fix this, then supplement where needed to assist.