Replace Supplement with Vegetables

Mtaveras14

Mtaveras14

Awards
I never waste money on supplements , let's try to replace supplements with Vegetables/Food

First let's start with

Protien Powder - First off I believe that we eat way too much protien 1grams per body of protien is wayyyy too much. I eat .6 grams of body weight of protien a day and I see no difference in muscle gain/muscle loss, but when I lower my protien , I have more room for carbs in my diet which boosts my energy levels way high , and my body never touches my precious protien for fuel. so just stay with eating your meats/ veggies

2.Diuretics/water loss supplements- replace with Asparagus
Asparagus contains high levels of the amino acid asparagine, which is a natural diuretic which flushing out excess toxins/salt from your body. Try this out and you'll see your muscles more dryer

3. Anti Estrogen
-Broccoli contains phytochemicals called indoles, which will convert and reduce your bad estrogen into a safer form.

4.Testosterone boosters
-Broccoli which lowers estrogen ,which means less aromitization in turns means less testosterone being converted to estrogen

- raw Garlic when eaten the chemical called
diallyl sulfide has been shown to increase LH , which in turn boosts testosterone.

5. Preworkout- replace it with black coffee , you don't need that extra crap in the preworkout

6. Pump Supplement-
Salt- eating 1/8th-1/4th of a teaspoon with a good amount of water before work outs will help drive more fluids in your blood to help pump up muscles. TRY IT!
-Watermelon/Cucumbers- high in concentration of the amino acid Citrulline which is responsible for nitric oxide production , which in turn means greater pumps

Well here's a quick post if anyone wants to add any Vegetables to the list . Go Right Ahead!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Generally agree with your sentiment bro. Sometimes people rely far to much on supps instead of real food.....

But

Most of us have families, work and other distractions outside of the fitness game. That stuff makes it hard to hit every veg every day that is ideal.

For me (and honestly most people see my nutrition as stupidly 'clean') supplements are a way to cover my bases in a convenient manner. I eat more asparagus than sticky vicky could fit in her twat on a daily basis but still wouldnt nail everything optimal health.

Your point about protein misses two things in my opinion

1) lots of us (like me) eat higher protein than needed because we enjoy a high protein diet rather than a misguided belief its required

2) lots of forum members spend a resonable period of time each year on anabolics which typically enables the body to make use of around 1.5g per lb bw

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
I never waste money on supplements , let's try to replace supplements with Vegetables/Food

First let's start with

Protien Powder - First off I believe that we eat way too much protien 1grams per body of protien is wayyyy too much. I eat .6 grams of body weight of protien a day and I see no difference in muscle gain/muscle loss, but when I lower my protien , I have more room for carbs in my diet which boosts my energy levels way high , and my body never touches my precious protien for fuel. so just stay with eating your meats/ veggies

Asparagus contains high levels of the amino acid asparagine, which is a natural diuretic which flushing out excess toxins/salt from your body. Try this out and you'll see your muscles more dryer

3. Anti Estrogen
-Broccoli contains phytochemicals called indoles, which will convert and reduce your bad estrogen into a safer form.

4.Testosterone boosters
-Broccoli which lowers estrogen ,which means less aromitization in turns means less testosterone being converted to estrogen

diallyl sulfide has been shown to increase LH , which in turn boosts testosterone.

5. Preworkout- replace it with black coffee , you don't need that extra crap in the preworkout

6. Pump Supplement-
Salt- eating 1/8th-1/4th of a teaspoon with a good amount of water before work outs will help drive more fluids in your blood to help pump up muscles. TRY IT!
-Watermelon/Cucumbers- high in concentration of the amino acid Citrulline which is responsible for nitric oxide production , which in turn means greater pumps

Well here's a quick post if anyone wants to add any Vegetables to the list . Go Right Ahead!
For an average, “just want to be healthy”, person this would work fine. For bodybuilding purposes, throw all of the above out the window. Except #5. That’s about the only thing I agree with 100%.

2Burnt

Awards
Hogwash. I supplement with food and my diet consists of real supplements(teh creatine bro).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I’m going to eat about a kilogram of watermelon pre-workout to get an ergogenic dose of citrulline. That’s much easier.

Mtaveras14

Mtaveras14

Awards
Yeah eat cucumbers and salt.try eating it everyday and it does work. It's like a Supplement you gotta take everyday or you'all see medicore results lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah eat cucumbers and salt.try eating it everyday and it does work. It's like a Supplement you gotta take everyday or you'all see medicore results lol
Why would I eat 2+ pounds of watermelon pre-workout when I can just take 3g (a small spoonful) of citrulline that costs less than $0.25 a serving? I’m pretty sure that cucumber has a lower citrulline content (%) than watermelon, and I wouldn’t particularly want to eat a kilo of cucumber pre-workout either. As for needing to take it every day, you shouldn’t have to take citrulline (or nitrates for that matter) every day to notice effects (or to work), as they can possess acute effects.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

First let's start with

3. Anti Estrogen

4.Testosterone boosters

6. Pump Supplement-

Anyone with a little basic knowledge about diet and bodybuilding knows all these things already. Also as far as your protein recommendation, it's normally 1 g per lb of lean body mass, so if your eating .6 of your total bodyweight then your probably not too far off the normal recommendation.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Generally agree with your sentiment bro. Sometimes people rely far to much on supps instead of real food.....

But

Most of us have families, work and other distractions outside of the fitness game. That stuff makes it hard to hit every veg every day that is ideal.

For me (and honestly most people see my nutrition as stupidly 'clean') supplements are a way to cover my bases in a convenient manner. I eat more asparagus than sticky vicky could fit in her twat on a daily basis but still wouldnt nail everything optimal health.

Your point about protein misses two things in my opinion

1) lots of us (like me) eat higher protein than needed because we enjoy a high protein diet rather than a misguided belief its required

2) lots of forum members spend a resonable period of time each year on anabolics which typically enables the body to make use of around 1.5g per lb bw
With or without anabolics your body will make use of that protein. Ppl for get that protein is used for tons of stuff besides building muscle