good foods for bulking

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well in efforts to improve my diet further before I do any future cycles I am trying to get some good foods for bulking.

Right now I have:

Cottage cheese
flax seed oil
tuna
peanut butter
whey protein
meats in general
eggs
oats

If anyone else has some ideas for some good bulking food I would appreciate it. I am trying to get a definate schedule for bulking. This was I can go out once a week get all the food I need and know what I am eating each day. I have never been picky on scheduling food. I usually will eat generally healthy just not specific things for each day which I need to do to get carbs/protein/fats all in right quantities. No use me doing another cycle till I have this down. I have made great gains in the past, but I feel I can make much better If I get this down well. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Veggies. To tell you the truth, adding things like steamed broccoli to my meals has helped increase my appetite.

Dont' forget the flax and the olive oil ;) Oh, and almonds, too.

The addition of plenty of good fats to my diet has been wonderful so far.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
olive oil .. red meat .. the mcdonald's menu .. shrimp .. potatoes .. sweet potatoes .. beans (kidney, black, pinto) ... brown rice ... ground turkey

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this is what I made in about 10minutes for a rought diet, I have no idea if it is that great, so I will post a picture of the layout of it.

Remember, this is just a very beginning rough draft. I am most likely missing many things and have to much of lots, as in fats right now. I was having trouble trying to bring it down.

This was made on fitday.com.

Attachments

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well right now you're at like a 33/33/33 split .. bump up the carbs and pro and lower the fat just a bit and you'll be money

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well since flaxseed oil might go over my budget I can easily take that out and lower fat, but thats basically my efa's right there. But I guess if I cant afford it, it doesn't really matter.

With flax out and 1scoop more of whey + an orange, I get a 35/40/25 carbs/protein/fats.

EDIT: well the hard part of eating this everyday will be fun. Most of it doesn't take much time to make or is added to a shake. Milk, whey, and oats are all in a shake I drink throughout the day, which takes about 10minutes to make a days worth. So that plus making eggs is about all the real work time I have. At least it is not lots of cooking. :)

Attachments

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
How do you do oats in a shake, you just blend it up really good? I've got a tub of maltodextrin powder I add to my protein shake.

I think you should get more fruit and veggies too. One fun thing I made were sweet potatoe french fries. I just cut them up like fries and baked them. But don't overcook them because that will dry them out. It's delicious.
Zuccini is also good and easy to make, just slice them and lightly cook over olive oil.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Skip the flax seed oil, use ground up flax seeds (I like to make a 60:40 blend with sunflower seeds). Snack on almonds and certain types of dried fruit (prunes are good). Whey in moderation adds calories without filling you up too much. Lentils are a great staple food, as is brown basmati rice. Also, eat a ton of veggies, they're good for everything - I really can't stress this enough :)

Oatmeal_King

Awards
Also, eat a ton of veggies, they're good for everything - I really can't stress this enough :)
Indeed. If tons of fruits and veggies are filling you up too much while bulking look into a juicer. While you will pulversize some of the fiber when juicing, you will still get a massive phytonutrient/antioxidant load.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Juicing is ok while bulking, I wouldn't overdo it though.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about a Nice, Meaty Lasagna...

With extra Lean ground beef.
Low Fat Mozza
Whole wheat pasta?

:twisted:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
As long as the meat is 97% lean, that sounds great.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Juicing is ok while bulking, I wouldn't overdo it though.
What do you mean by "juicing is ok"?:nono: :lol:

Yogurt mixed with whey protein and oats tastes like chocolate pudding. yum, yum.

Anyone tried filberts. yum, yum again.

Oh, and don't forget burritos with spicy chicken:box:

perfect270

Awards
Listen to the vegetable advice for sure and shoot for bright and dark in color. I feel that when you hike up your protein intake fiber and water need to go up substantially.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by "juicing is ok"?:nono: :lol:

Yogurt mixed with whey protein and oats tastes like chocolate pudding. yum, yum.

Anyone tried filberts. yum, yum again.

Oh, and don't forget burritos with spicy chicken:box:
haha. The other type of juicing is the **** ;) Can't stay away from the stuff :rofl:

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
most of the foods you listed there would fit more of a healthy diet. when bulking, obviously your key is to intake lots of calories so carbs will be your friend. potatoes, rice, oatmeals, grits are my four main carb source. Throw in those fiberous vegs, your selection of protein, and fruit and you will be good to go man. Complex carbs pack on the cals
Sage

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I think you can bulk with a healthy diet. My opinion is that the addition of more healthy fats from nuts, and GOOD carb souces (lentils and barley are ideal, brown basmati rice and oatmeal are good, whole wheat pasta and regular brown rice being fairly good) is the way to go. I don't know if I'd do the potatos though...

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
McDonald's treats you right .. or have it your way with the king, Burger King :)

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I think you can bulk with a healthy diet. My opinion is that the addition of more healthy fats from nuts, and GOOD carb souces (lentils and barley are ideal, brown basmati rice and oatmeal are good, whole wheat pasta and regular brown rice being fairly good) is the way to go. I don't know if I'd do the potatos though...
Do you have any recipes for barley? The only thing I know of is the soup vegetable beef with barley. Good stuff.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
McDonald's treats you right .. or have it your way with the king, Burger King :)
Oh ye who is going through so much pain and suffering in the name of aesthetics, how can you say such things?! :D

Seriously, I don't mind the taste of clean food at all, doesn't bother me in the least bit - I don't beat myself up if I have a giant bearclaw.. err two, and a pitcher of beer every now and then though :D

Learn to like the whole food and your life will get a lot easier, haha. Eat your veggies motherfucker!~ :whip:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Do you have any recipes for barley? The only thing I know of is the soup vegetable beef with barley. Good stuff.
You can use barley anywhere you'd use rice bro. I just boil it up in beef stock, strain it, then use the beef stock to make lentil stew. Works great :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bulking 3
CompeteNPC Bulking 1
Justlooking5 Bulking 15
chubbsp Bulking 4
Bulking 12