ON casein protein

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
I just got some of this to make night-time shakes. good stuff, and you know its 100% casein proteins, none of that blend crap thats 99% whey.

vanilla tastes really nice, i think for some reason casein has a much more satisfying taste to it. probably need a blender though.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I just got some of this to make night-time shakes. good stuff, and you know its 100% casein proteins, none of that blend crap thats 99% whey.

vanilla tastes really nice, i think for some reason casein has a much more satisfying taste to it. probably need a blender though.
Yeah, casein is a lot thicker. I like it better too because it has more of a milkshake consistancy instead of a watery consistancy.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Try mixing your vanilla casein with metamucil and a tbsp of flax. It is delicious, and great for your bowels:)

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I bought 2 of the 2lb'ers. I am almost done with the first and I blended the other one with equal amount of ON's 100% Whey Vanilla.

This crap stuck together and clumped in my shaker. I never had this problem with Muscle Milk or VPX stuff. The taste isn't that good either. Most of the time all the cocoa (or what ever it is... because it tastes artificial) would come off the protein and it would be natural colored which is expected... but it should not seperate from the flavoring. I have to use the blender at night to get the shake consistant.

What other casiens have you guys tried. I think my next order will be from TrueProtien.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
I bought 2 of the 2lb'ers. I am almost done with the first and I blended the other one with equal amount of ON's 100% Whey Vanilla.

This crap stuck together and clumped in my shaker. I never had this problem with Muscle Milk or VPX stuff. The taste isn't that good either. Most of the time all the cocoa (or what ever it is... because it tastes artificial) would come off the protein and it would be natural colored which is expected... but it should not seperate from the flavoring. I have to use the blender at night to get the shake consistant.

What other casiens have you guys tried. I think my next order will be from TrueProtien.
the fact that it mixes like cement makes you know that its 100% casein like it claims!

i tried vpx micellean, evopro by cytosport, problend 55. all of them were pretty good but you don't really have any way of knowing how much casein your really getting. i gaurentee none of them are over 40%, if that, some could be 10, you can't know unless you get the 100% stuff.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I've used casein to replace flour when making pancakes. Pretty neat how that works.

Methyl1

Awards
I just bought a 2lb tub of the ON Casein for my middle of the night protien shakes.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I just bought a 2lb tub of the ON Casein for my middle of the night protien shakes.
Awesome. You rock!

:poke:

Kidding... Let us know how you like it... I can only use the blender because it' clumps and sticks to everything else.

Methyl1

Awards
Awesome. You rock!

:poke:

Kidding... Let us know how you like it... I can only use the blender because it' clumps and sticks to everything else.
Sweet meat dude, im going to use my blender to make it for the night. Ill put one scoop in there with an egg and see how that rolls out.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
I use this protein with a cup of oats in a blender before going to sleep, it doesn't taste great, but not many protein powders do. The chocolate is much better than the vanilla.

Methyl1

Awards
I use this protein with a cup of oats in a blender before going to sleep, it doesn't taste great, but not many protein powders do. The chocolate is much better than the vanilla.
How many scoops do you use ?