Your favorite portable protein?

darius

Whats your favorite portable protein?
Like what do you take to college or work to get all your meals in?

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I carry a cooler, so just about anything is portable. Tuna, chicken breast, hard boiled eggs, protein powder, and mrps are some of the things I'm usually seen with.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
here's something i make that's really good. put it in the freezer, and it's kind of like anabolic soft serve

cottage cheese, brewer's yeast, fruit (slices of banana, or blueberry, or something), yogurt, scoop or two of protein powder

mix em together and freeze

got it all. anti-ox, proteins, all the benefits of brewers yeast, etc.

if you are SUPER hardcore, you can add liver powder. :)

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
-peanut butter on whole wheat bread!
-chicken breast is always good too cuz it tastes good cold, hot and in between.
-put a scoop of protein powder in an empty water bottle, after ur work out fill it up with nice cold water and shake it up!

i love hearing about people's concoctions (sp?)

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
My personal favorite has become cans of chicken or turkey breast. You can usually find them with pop-tops (like on a Coke can), so no need for a can opener. They tend to stink less than tuna, too. About 30-35 grams of protein a pop, and you can easily cart them around.

Just stock up when they go on sale.

darius

My personal favorite has become cans of chicken or turkey breast. You can usually find them with pop-tops (like on a Coke can), so no need for a can opener. They tend to stink less than tuna, too. About 30-35 grams of protein a pop, and you can easily cart them around.

Just stock up when they go on sale.
The low fat and low sodium chicken cans are great. They practically last forever too. The ones I have expire 2008 lol.

Beef Jerky is a good low-fat source of protien (and sodium lol).

iwinulose2981

Awards
well at my work i have my own fridge/freezer forman grill microwave and blender so i dont really have a problem. :)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The low fat and low sodium chicken cans are great. They practically last forever too. The ones I have expire 2008 lol.

Beef Jerky is a good low-fat source of protien (and sodium lol).
Where do you get those, the ones I get from Costco are great but they are LOADED with sodium. They are the Chicken of the sea brand.

WindowJumper

Awards
i hook up beef jerkey whenever possible. You can never go wrong with some bj.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you can never go wrong w/ a BJ.

Hahaha.

Anyway, I like the low fat string cheese. One has 9 g of protein, so I take 4 or 5 to work to eat a few in between meals.

darius

Where do you get those, the ones I get from Costco are great but they are LOADED with sodium. They are the Chicken of the sea brand.
The ones I get I think are the brand "Valley Fresh". 98% fat free and low sodium, 30 grams of protein for a small can with the ez open stud on top. I get them at my local Tom Thumb (a Safeway grocery store).

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
ohhhhh man Valley Fresh is the worst brand of canned chicken i ever tried .. i literally spit it out when i tasted it ... and i don't generally mind canned chicken at all

powerlifter

Awards
valley fresh is nasty but gets the job done. tyson brand is my favorite.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The ones I get I think are the brand "Valley Fresh". 98% fat free and low sodium, 30 grams of protein for a small can with the ez open stud on top. I get them at my local Tom Thumb (a Safeway grocery store).
Thanks, I'll give them a shot

darius

I get the can of Valley Fresh chicken (dump out the water) and dump it on a small mound of brown rice. I then get my bottle of crushed red pepper and mix it up good. It's a pretty good meal.

Theres also the brand "Swanson". Tyson canned chicken is pretty good. The Valley Fresh doesn't really bother me, it tastes fine to me.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
here's something i make that's really good. put it in the freezer, and it's kind of like anabolic soft serve

cottage cheese, brewer's yeast, fruit (slices of banana, or blueberry, or something), yogurt, scoop or two of protein powder

mix em together and freeze
:goodpost: This sounds really good. What amounts of everything do you use? I usually like to just throw stuff together, but if I try this and it sucks, I don't want to have to try it again to see if I screwed up or not. :trout: