Macronutrient Ratios

CerealKiller

Awards
Would like to get some opinions on optimal macronutrient ratios you've found to be successful for bulking and cutting excluding keto/low carb diets. As an ecto-mesomorph I'm leaning towards a 40-40-20 (pro-carb-fat) of 3000 cals as a maintenance level, no lower than 2400 cals for cutting, no higher than 3600 cals for bulking. I'm 6' 205lbs about 12%bodyfat.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Damn, how'd I miss this one?

Do you know your BMR first of all? If you dont, check the link in my signature to Matt's BMR calculator.

Personally, for bulking I like a 40/40/20 or sometimes if Im looking to gain quick a 30/40/30. My calories are around 250-300 above maintainence.

For cutting, I usually do a 50/25/25, or something near that.
And my calories are usually 250 below maintainence for that day.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
echo YJ, them looks good :D . I find that personally, relatively higher protein ratios seem to work better either way... matt's calculator is an excellent tool

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Hey YJ is the 50 carbs or protein in your cutting?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thought so just wanted to make sure on it before I start working on my cutter.. I think that what was my main problem in the last go around.. protein was too low.

CerealKiller

Awards
Great. Thanks for the input. Asked the same question at bb didn't get 1 response yet. My maintenance level is around 3100 cals so I'll start from there.

pudgy

Awards
i have lost almost 80 pounds following a 70/15/15 diet.

nightop

Awards
hypercaloric ("bulking") = 50/25/25
hypocaloric (non-keto, "cutting") = 35/35/30