Atkin's like diet and minimum muscle loss

hognose

Board Supporter
Awards
I will admit, I did the Atkin's diet about 16 months ago and lost about 25 pounds in 2 months. BUT, yes, after 2 months, I was weak as hell. I mean, the weakest in the gym I had been in about 10 years. I was happy with the results because it was easy and cheap. I know all about the 5-6 small meals a day and the correct nutrition that goes with it, but my job makes that almost impossible. IF I were to try an Atkin's like diet, are there any changes you would make? Should I mix in several protein shakes a day? Will designer's Glucophase XR help with this process?

Again, I know that this diet can kill you in the gym, BUT, any ways to minimize the muscle loss and still be successful with this diet?

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I think that's why the CKD diets included a one to two carb loading phase. So mon-fri would be low carb sat/ sun you carb up

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
Yeah there is a lot of info on "how to do a CKD" CKD meaning Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. There is a sticky somewhere on this board with good info. Heck there are even some of *MY* posts... :D

Joking aside, there's that and also the other website dedicated exclusively to the ckd. It is www.c-k-d.com