Cytomel T3 & ECA. To stack or not to stack, that is the question?

changingways

Awards
I've used the EC stack before (using Bronkaid & no 'A') and it works well but I my last couple of cycles have been less successful than before, which I guess is to be expected.

But I hear T3 is very effective and have some on the way, as well as some pure Ephedrine on the way.

Should I do a strict T3 cycle first and then alter with EC(A) in six weeks or should I stack them together for maximum result?

Disclaimer: I have some pretty high tolerance to the alleged side effects of EC. I usually get the benefits (increased energy at the gym, hunger suppression) but no headache or anything of that sort.

* What's the final word on the necessity/effectiveness of the 'A' in ECA? I've been hearing that it actually does have an effect.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea exactly about the A in ECA except that I personally would get the headache without it.

I do know that I wouldn't touch t3 without some hormonal support to preserve my muscle mass, t3 is indiscriminate when administered on its own.

ManBeast

changingways

Awards
I have no idea exactly about the A in ECA except that I personally would get the headache without it.

I do know that I wouldn't touch t3 without some hormonal support to preserve my muscle mass, t3 is indiscriminate when administered on its own.

ManBeast
Indiscriminate in regards to muscle and fat, you mean?

Have you used T3 before? What did you use it with?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I used t3 once, a long time ago in a.... nevermind :D

I used it with a test prop base on a 6 week cutter where i did the first and last 2 weeks with clen and weeks 2,3,4 on the t3 with a taper up and down protocal.

ManBeast

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Catabolism on T3 is pretty overblown.IMO

The main issue I see is people cut calories too much while on it. Maintain a controlled loss, as you would OFF it.

With T3, and ECA you have a lot of things working in your favor towards fat loss. That is going to mean you are going to be able to EAT more calories, while maintaining the same rate of loss. The object is not to lose 5lbs a week, but to be able to consume more calories/do less cardio while losing 1.5-2lb.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
That is one way to look at it... I never approached it from that angle.

ManBeast

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is one way to look at it... I never approached it from that angle.

ManBeast
You have to think of it this way. Even if you are natural, on no fatburners/fat burning hormones, if you lose weight too fast you are jeopardizing muscle. No difference here. The leaner you are, the more muscle is at risk IME. If you are 30% bf, you might be able to sustain a 3-5lb/wk loss for a while. If you are at 10% that is clearly a dumb move.

Just a totally hypothetical situation/numbers as an example.

If your maintenance is 3000 calories, would you drop to 2000 to start a diet? Probably not, you would probably start at say 2500. If you are running T3, and your maintenance is now 3500, would you drop to 2500? I wouldn't.

Well take the guy with the 3k maintenance, put him on t3 so his maintenance is 3500, and drop his calories to 2000 and see what happens. That is what people tend to do, and can't figure out why they lost size. They go back to a calorie level that worked well for them before, without taking into account the increase in metabolism.

I find many times people tend to think they have more muscle then they do when they start to diet, then once they see their arm size shrink a little, or lifts budge they automatically think "OMG I am losing muscle".

Just soooo many variables.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100% thanks for helping me think outside the box I was in with regards to t3.

ManBeast

changingways

Awards
You have to think of it this way. Even if you are natural, on no fatburners/fat burning hormones, if you lose weight too fast you are jeopardizing muscle. No difference here. The leaner you are, the more muscle is at risk IME. If you are 30% bf, you might be able to sustain a 3-5lb/wk loss for a while. If you are at 10% that is clearly a dumb move.

Just a totally hypothetical situation/numbers as an example.

If your maintenance is 3000 calories, would you drop to 2000 to start a diet? Probably not, you would probably start at say 2500. If you are running T3, and your maintenance is now 3500, would you drop to 2500? I wouldn't.

Well take the guy with the 3k maintenance, put him on t3 so his maintenance is 3500, and drop his calories to 2000 and see what happens. That is what people tend to do, and can't figure out why they lost size. They go back to a calorie level that worked well for them before, without taking into account the increase in metabolism.

I find many times people tend to think they have more muscle then they do when they start to diet, then once they see their arm size shrink a little, or lifts budge they automatically think "OMG I am losing muscle".

Just soooo many variables.
VERY good advice, thank you.

How would you stack the two together, may I ask? T3 and ECA? (That is if you would in the first place)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What's your stats? (Bf%,weight,etc)
This will be off cycle?
Human grade t3?

changingways

Awards
What's your stats? (Bf%,weight,etc)
This will be off cycle?
Human grade t3?
5'8, 190. About 25% I want to say.
What is Human grade, said the newb. The one I'll be ideally using is: CYTOMEL T3 (25mcg Liothyronine Sodium).

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No offense brotha but I would get your diet sorted first.

changingways

Awards
No offense brotha but I would get your diet sorted first.
None taken, I don't intend to eat crap. I have a diet in place it's just not working all that effectively, lots of yoyo-ing.

I'm down from 210 (with my old ECA stack) and dieting first. I'm just looking for that boost now that I'm starting to sludge.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
None taken, I don't intend to eat crap. I have a diet in place it's just not working all that effectively, lots of yoyo-ing.

I'm down from 210 (with my old ECA stack) and dieting first. I'm just looking for that boost now that I'm starting to sludge.
It not working effectively would be an issue that should be sorted.

At 25% you should be able to lose fat fairly quick unless you have some sort of medical condition.

I just think these things are better left for down the road a bit.

Jmo of course.

changingways

Awards
It not working effectively would be an issue that should be sorted.

At 25% you should be able to lose fat fairly quick unless you have some sort of medical condition.

I just think these things are better left for down the road a bit.

Jmo of course.
Fair enough. I think I'll stack them together for a week or two just to see the effect and if it's not working, go off it.

(Would you stack them, yourself? I couldn't find any info on stacking EC and T3)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Fair enough. I think I'll stack them together for a week or two just to see the effect and if it's not working, go off it.

(Would you stack them, yourself? I couldn't find any info on stacking EC and T3)
why would it not work?

Yes I have stacked them multiple times.

changingways

Awards
why would it not work?

Yes I have stacked them multiple times.
Sorry to be such a pain in the rear but just HOW? There's no information that I can find on the proper dosage of this particular stack.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to be such a pain in the rear but just HOW? There's no information that I can find on the proper dosage of this particular stack.
Because there is no difference between stacked or not. If you know how to run t3 and how to run Eca, then your answer should be clear.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
t3 and eca work by completely different pathways in the body to burn fat, they do not compete for anything (other than the money in your wallet).

ManBeast