Making sure you don't miss a meal!

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Basically, I need a new way of making sure I get my meals, tired of having to settle for less sometimes and really need some new ideas. Do any of you carry coolers in the car with all the days food? Prepare it all the night before? Any other good methods?

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Yes I carry a cooler with me all of the time. I prepare my meals the night before, and I have stashes of MRPs around in case of emergencies. I'm not really sure what else you could do to have food handy when you need it.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have canned tuna and can-openers stashed everywhere.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Im just tired of not having a system of some sort and really have been thinking about carrying a cooler. Although tuna doesn't need chilled :D Never thought about using MRP's for just in case situations...Thanks fellas

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
I miss meals when I go out partying (which lately has been too much) the cooler idea is a good one though, I should try that.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have **** load protein bars in my car, my cooler, office, home, everywhere.

But they are for emergencies only. I have fridge and microwave in my office, so I eat good meals most of the time.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
commercial shakes, they stay good forever and only take 30 seconds to ingest

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
All good suggestions above.....I use'em all....Make your own protein bars, search for 'wardog bars'.....make your own MRP's
using whey,ground oats, ground flax seeds. hard boiled eggs are easy to carry......and the tuna is the best I've found, been using it lots lately.....it's quick & easy, this is what I do...open the can...drain....have a drink handy...fork some into your mouth....get to back of your throat....then swallow. It only takes a minute for me to finish a can. It's cheap, quick and easy......and you don't have to sit around chewing or tasting.

Edge

Awards
Yes I carry a cooler with me all of the time. I prepare my meals the night before, and I have stashes of MRPs around in case of emergencies. I'm not really sure what else you could do to have food handy when you need it.
I live on tuna sandwiches in a cooler when i go to work. Bring 3 or 4 lol :).....man I hate tuna now

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This sounds disgusting but is the easiest way for me to get tuna down. I open the can, drain it, add 1-2 packets fake sugar and douse it in hot sauce. Looks nasty but tastes like a sweet/hot desert.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
barf, that sounds sick,

beef, cook up two pounds, drain,rinse, add some flavor powder, taco, chili,etc,
throe it in a container drag it to work,make a big ass meat salad, i am telling you the simplest way is tuna , mayo, whole wheat bread.and some sugar free koolaid, mmmhhhmmm

Ghostmaster

Awards
I carry a cooler to work every day. I have stashes of what I call emergency food in my desk at work. Stashes consists of protien bars, nuts and cans of sardines. I love them little stinky bastards. Every time I open a can reminds me of the movie scent of a women(good mourning ladies) :lol: . Another good stash item is turkey and beef jerky....

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I carry a cooler to work every day. I have stashes of what I call emergency food in my desk at work. Stashes consists of protien bars, nuts and cans of sardines. I love them little stinky bastards. Every time I open a can reminds me of the movie scent of a women(good mourning ladies) :lol: . Another good stash item is turkey and beef jerky....
Yeah, I keep a big can of peanuts at work too. Fat and protien, just what a man needs to get through the day! Too many carbs or eating out makes me so damn thirsty now, I rarely punish myself going out to lunch anymore. Be careful w/ the tuna. I live on it too, but it really should not be consumed more than twice a week, unless your doin' keto and have no choice. If your gonna do it anyway, take an antiacid like Tums w/ the tuna to discourage mercury bioavailability. It all adds up, and nobody is immune to it. Sardines, however, are great! Very little mercury, and good w/ some crackers and hot sause, mmmmm

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Will a can of tuna go bad if it's left in the heat for to long. Like in a car.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I keep a big can of peanuts at work too. Fat and protien, just what a man needs to get through the day! Too many carbs or eating out makes me so damn thirsty now, I rarely punish myself going out to lunch anymore. Be careful w/ the tuna. I live on it too, but it really should not be consumed more than twice a week, unless your doin' keto and have no choice. If your gonna do it anyway, take an antiacid like Tums w/ the tuna to discourage mercury bioavailability. It all adds up, and nobody is immune to it. Sardines, however, are great! Very little mercury, and good w/ some crackers and hot sause, mmmmm
You are absolutely right, I have been telling myself to switch to chicken instead of tuna for a month or two, but I always get to the store and see the sale price of the tuna, and the full price of the chicken, and I buy the tuna at 1/2 the price.

I bought the bullet today and got the chicken, I get to eat more with it anyways. +, good health really is priceless.

Thanks for the tip about the tums, I'll remember it when it switch to tuna for cutting. Now people at work will stop calling me a thermometer :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
You are absolutely right, I have been telling myself to switch to chicken instead of tuna for a month or two, but I always get to the store and see the sale price of the tuna, and the full price of the chicken, and I buy the tuna at 1/2 the price.

I bought the bullet today and got the chicken, I get to eat more with it anyways. +, good health really is priceless.

Thanks for the tip about the tums, I'll remember it when it switch to tuna for cutting. Now people at work will stop calling me a thermometer :)
Yeah, it's a good switch bro. I used to work in an EPA lab where this little girl died from working with too much Hg. Only for 2 weeks and her kidneys were shot beyond repair. It can kill you fast, but even low dose chronic exposure like from tuna adds up. I've always had a healthy respect for Hg after that young tech died. I chew a few tums w/ every can of tuna I eat now and make my family do it too (ahh dad, your such a lame-o) , cause it can't absorb orally in an alkaline environment, it just passes through and won't accumulate. Trust me on this one, minimize tuna. And don't drink whole milk :sick: I've analyzed lipid layers too, but thats a different story!

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, that is a sad and scary story.

I guess I am going to have to start carrying a cooler around (I knew it would come to that eventually). I was proud of myself for about 6 hours for switching to canned chicken for meal #2 and then I started looking a little closer at the lable. 54g of protein - awesome. 6g fat, 0 saturated - good again. 0g carbs, nice for cutting.

Then I look at sodium 1.38g - OUCH, that is 60% of the daily rec. intake! There goes this idea out the window.

Probably cheaper to cook my own chicken anyways, it will def taste better (I cover it in cumin and red pepper).

Thanks for the info doc, I do stay away from the whole milk :)

DobermanXXL

Awards
I set the calender on my cell phone to ring every 3 hours to remind me when it's time to eat

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I eat much better when I'm at work, than when I'm at home. I'm fortunate to have a full kitchen set up at work. On my Monday, I purchase what I need for the week prepare my meals. There's nothing for me to snack on, no junk food like at home.

If I get into a jamb, and need soemthing quick it's usually a can of tuna with those wax peppers cut up and added. Or, a can of Progresso Chicken soup, Almonds, homemade MRP, turkey jerky, etc. There's a store that sells whole roasted chickens for under $6.00. I usually get one of those, peel the skin off, and eat.

Hey Doberman, I like that cell phone reminder idea. :thumbsup:

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I have been wanting to carry a cooler for a while now...just need to start doing it! :D

Thanks fellas