Burn fat and lose weight?

Lenerdosy

Awards
Well I have started weight lifting recently, trying to gain some muscle/lose weight as I try for the police force. I have gained about 40 lbs in the past 4-5 years since I left highschool, some in muscle but a large portion in fat simply because I got on a really bad eating diet and poor choice of friends who eat like crap. I can pass the physical at the moment but am looking at losing a few pounds to try and up my time. I am looking for some supplements to help me lose weight along with a good diet and weight lifting/running list if possible.

My stats:
6'0
200lbs
Live in Canada (alot of supplements can't be shipped up here from main sites)
Hockey, soccer, basketball, tennis player - as much as I can around work schedule

The last 4-5 months I have been lifting a fair bit and I have noticed my strength is going up but my weight stays the same. Idealy I want to get down to 180 if possible, 170 preferred but I think 30lbs will be a stretch. Any suggestions with supplements to help me recover and lose weight and/or diet would be greatly appreciated. Friend suggested this site could help me out alot.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Grab some Derma-Therm Target, and maybe some ERASE and hop on LeanGains and you'll be set.

Or if you're more serious grab some Clen.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lay out your current diet so we can suggest changes.

Lenerdosy

Awards
Lay out your current diet so we can suggest changes.
Breakfast - Either eggs/farmer sausage or cereal (no sugary ones, usually fibre ones)
Lunch - Sandwich of lean ham, turkey, etc.
Snack - Vegetables or fruits
Dinner - Chicken/pasta or more vegetables/fruits

I drink a bit of milk and eat chedder/cottage cheese a bit (I work at a cheese plant). I have also cut close to all alcohol out of my system and only have a drink once in a while on special occasions.

My work shifts are everywhere, can start at 4AM one morning and do 8PM the next day so my sleep/eating patterns are all over the place and can go long periods where I am not hungry (usually night shifts and after 2AM I wont eat till next time I wake up)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, offhand it doesn't quite look like you get a whole lot of protein there, but its hard to tell without portion sizes. You can use something like fitday.com or livestrong.com and their calorie calculator/tracker to get a better grip on your nutrition. Its virtually impossible to lose weight/fat without having a grip on what is going in your mouth

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established

Lenerdosy

Awards
well, offhand it doesn't quite look like you get a whole lot of protein there, but its hard to tell without portion sizes. You can use something like fitday.com or livestrong.com and their calorie calculator/tracker to get a better grip on your nutrition. Its virtually impossible to lose weight/fat without having a grip on what is going in your mouth
Thanks I will look at those sites. I eat quite small portions these days compared what I have in the past, ALOT of vegetables/fruits and a sandwich pretty much each day.

Are there any supplements I can take that you can suggest? Guy at GNC suggested a mass gainer which isn't what I really need considering I want to gain muscle but lose fat/weight so looking for other things to help out.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, supplements are entirely pointless till you get a better handle on diet. 70-80% of body composition is based on diet.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Thanks I will look at those sites. I eat quite small portions these days compared what I have in the past, ALOT of vegetables/fruits and a sandwich pretty much each day.

Are there any supplements I can take that you can suggest? Guy at GNC suggested a mass gainer which isn't what I really need considering I want to gain muscle but lose fat/weight so looking for other things to help out.
Lol, don't ever buy anything a GNC worker recommends.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gnc workers get commission and bonuses based on sales, and some companies offer an extra bonus to them if they push x amount of a specific product in a month.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with this. Use an online tracker to specifically see what you're taking in for total calories and macronutrients in a day for a while. It can be a pain (it was for me, at least), but after the first couple weeks, I knew exactly what I was taking in without having to do it anymore. You'd be amazed at what your totals end up from what you think they are.

No, supplements are entirely pointless till you get a better handle on diet. 70-80% of body composition is based on diet.
I'd be willing to say that diet is even more than 80%; like 90% of the equation.

And from the description you laid out, it looked like you weren't taking in enough calories (like Easy said, though, it's hard to say without knowing portion sizes).

Diet>Training>Supplements

Seaman

Seaman

Awards
Well I have started weight lifting recently, trying to gain some muscle/lose weight as I try for the police force. I have gained about 40 lbs in the past 4-5 years since I left highschool, some in muscle but a large portion in fat simply because I got on a really bad eating diet and poor choice of friends who eat like crap. I can pass the physical at the moment but am looking at losing a few pounds to try and up my time. I am looking for some supplements to help me lose weight along with a good diet and weight lifting/running list if possible.

My stats:
6'0
200lbs
Live in Canada (alot of supplements can't be shipped up here from main sites)
Hockey, soccer, basketball, tennis player - as much as I can around work schedule

The last 4-5 months I have been lifting a fair bit and I have noticed my strength is going up but my weight stays the same. Idealy I want to get down to 180 if possible, 170 preferred but I think 30lbs will be a stretch. Any suggestions with supplements to help me recover and lose weight and/or diet would be greatly appreciated. Friend suggested this site could help me out alot.
Well,thanks for providing useful information..In my point of view drinking more water and daily exercise are the best way to burn fat and reduce weight...!

Hussey

Awards
Nice sharing.
I have also heard that it doesn't matter how fast you walk or run but how long you do so. To answer your question, that would be a good exercise. You would lose weight and burn fat if you walk on a treadmill and eat healthy for a month.

Jeromee

Awards
water is a good natural thing which is really helpful to burn the fat but if we really want to lose the rapidly then the use of the green tea will be the best thing to lose the weight and burn the fat.

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
water is a good natural thing which is really helpful to burn the fat but if we really want to lose the rapidly then the use of the green tea will be the best thing to lose the weight and burn the fat.

No I don't agree.. only water not helpful for fat burn.. have to do daily workouts to burn fats in body..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No I don't agree.. only water not helpful for fat burn.. have to do daily workouts to burn fats in body..
Not really, dietary control alone can put someone overweight or obese down into normal range.