How many minuets is of cardio is necessary each day to lose weight fast

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
I've heard anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours and up to 4 hours. Also I was wondering what supplements I should stack to get the extra weight off quick.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Background
What Supplements are you currently taking?

Training
Depends on how you like to train, I like to perform HIIT cardio in the am with sprints and steady state cardio in the pm on elliptical.

Nutrition
This and sleeping plays a huge role in muscle building and fat loss. Try to eat healthy none processed foods, more water, vegetables and if possible eat 6 times a day to stimulate metabolism.

Sleeping
Going to bed before midnight has been said to increase restful sleep. Try making sure you go to bed before midnight, if your having trouble sleeping you can try HGHup or Lipotrophin PM to improve sleep.

What are you looking for

Appetite suppressants
Fat absorption inhibitor
Thyroid boost
Cortisol Control
Stimulants
Suppress Estrogen

Few Suggestions
Stimulant: Black Cats has the ability to stimulate you to achieve higher cognitive concentration, longer workouts and has ingredients that boost the effectiveness of other products you take with it.
Thyroid/Cort Control: Drive has ingredients that can better your testosterone/estrogen ratio, help combat cortisol and provide stimulant free energy.
Appetite suppressants: Lipotrophin AM has ingredients for appetite suppression and mild stimulant. Lipotrophin PM Stim free, promotes deep sleep and keeps your body in a fat burning state while your sleeping.
Thyroid/Cort Control: Alpha T2 & Erase: AT2 stimulates your thyroid, mild stim effect, helps your body to not store fat during the time on the product. Erase will better your testosterone/estrogen ratio and help manage your cortisol.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
To lose fat you need to metabolize more calories than that of which you eat. Now to specify "quick"... You mean a month? a couple weeks? A pound of body fat is composed of around 3500 Kcals if im not mistaken? If you had a deficit of 500 Kcals a day from your BMR then you would lose a pound a week. The math is easy. Actually making this a commitment isn't. Other factors such as your diet and how much lean body mass you have accumulated will come into play but you could lose a good 6-7 pounds of fat in a month. Just remember that the first 5 pounds is usually water weight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
0 cardio is necessary to lose fat when you are at high bodyfat levels. Controlling diet and clipping 500 calories out of your daily meals is much easier than getting on a treadmill or elliptical for the length of time and effort level to burn 500 calories.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
One workout technique that helped me lean out was just walking at a brisk 4 mph on the treadmill at a high incline. Do this for an hour session around 4 times a week. burns quite a bit

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
0 cardio is necessary to lose fat when you are at high bodyfat levels. Controlling diet and clipping 500 calories out of your daily meals is much easier than getting on a treadmill or elliptical for the length of time and effort level to burn 500 calories.
I understand this and you are correct but I feel its necessary for overall health so I perform daily HIIT in the morning and after strength training for further cardiovascular benefits the added weight loss is a plus.

Fastest reference I could get before I burn my food cooking :)
http://www.ergo-log.com/cardioafterstrengthworkout.html

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand this and you are correct but I feel its necessary for overall health so I perform daily HIIT in the morning and after strength training for further cardiovascular benefits the added weight loss is a plus.

Fastest reference I could get before I burn my food cooking :)
http://www.ergo-log.com/cardioafterstrengthworkout.html
Oh for sure, the health value is high, but particularly starting off at 260lbs at that height, joints take a beating doing any impact cardio and thats not all that good for health. dropping the first 20-25lbs and then starting to add cardio in seems to be a better way to fly, or starting cardio after calorie restriction weight loss to a reasonable level (like 2000 cal a day) starts to slow down.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh for sure, the health value is high, but particularly starting off at 260lbs at that height, joints take a beating doing any impact cardio and thats not all that good for health. dropping the first 20-25lbs and then starting to add cardio in seems to be a better way to fly, or starting cardio after calorie restriction weight loss to a reasonable level (like 2000 cal a day) starts to slow down.
Ahh you are right. OP, I would suggest swimming, if you can swim it's a fantastic workout and low impact so no joint pain after working out. If your noticing your having any type of joint pain its good to keep in mind often times losing the weight will greatly help alleviate the pain and you could also look into Osteo-Sport if it's bothering you now.

If you can may I suggest you start a workout log and document your workouts and possibly your nutrition? If you do this I will be there to support you from start to finish and give any type of assistance I can. Also feel free to PM me if you have any further questions or need help with anything.

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
Background
What Supplements are you currently taking?

Training
Depends on how you like to train, I like to perform HIIT cardio in the am with sprints and steady state cardio in the pm on elliptical.

Nutrition
This and sleeping plays a huge role in muscle building and fat loss. Try to eat healthy none processed foods, more water, vegetables and if possible eat 6 times a day to stimulate metabolism.

Sleeping
Going to bed before midnight has been said to increase restful sleep. Try making sure you go to bed before midnight, if your having trouble sleeping you can try HGHup or Lipotrophin PM to improve sleep.

What are you looking for

Appetite suppressants
Fat absorption inhibitor
Thyroid boost
Cortisol Control
Stimulants
Suppress Estrogen

Few Suggestions
Stimulant: Black Cats has the ability to stimulate you to achieve higher cognitive concentration, longer workouts and has ingredients that boost the effectiveness of other products you take with it.
Thyroid/Cort Control: Drive has ingredients that can better your testosterone/estrogen ratio, help combat cortisol and provide stimulant free energy.
Appetite suppressants: Lipotrophin AM has ingredients for appetite suppression and mild stimulant. Lipotrophin PM Stim free, promotes deep sleep and keeps your body in a fat burning state while your sleeping.
Thyroid/Cort Control: Alpha T2 & Erase: AT2 stimulates your thyroid, mild stim effect, helps your body to not store fat during the time on the product. Erase will better your testosterone/estrogen ratio and help manage your cortisol.
Background
As for supplements I'm not currently taking any because I just recovered from some serious injuries from a car wreck and have not been able tt to work-out for about 6 months, that's one reason I gained so much weight. I weigh 260 right now and I was really ripped at 210.

Training
I like to get all my cardio in at once then pound the weights.

Nutrition
I've been eating real healthy about 3500 cals a day, but when I cant work-out the lbs just pile one me quick.

Sleep
Sleep is one thing I could use more of, since I was in the car wreck I've been lacking sleep because of stress and the pain

What I'm looking for
I want a stimulant free supplement that won't effect my heart or nervous system and the way I gain fat so fast leads me to believe that I need a thyroid booster and a metabolism enhancer.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Background
As for supplements I'm not currently taking any because I just recovered from some serious injuries from a car wreck and have not been able tt to work-out for about 6 months, that's one reason I gained so much weight. I weigh 260 right now and I was really ripped at 210.

Training
I like to get all my cardio in at once then pound the weights.

Nutrition
I've been eating real healthy but when I cant work-out the lbs just pile one me quick.

Sleep
Sleep is one thing I could use more of, since I was in the car wreck I've been lacking sleep because of stress and the pain

What I'm looking for
I want a stimulant free supplement that won't effect my heart or nervous system and the way I gain fat so fast leads me to believe that I need a thyroid booster and a metabolism enhancer.
First thank you for taking the time out to answer these questions for me. I'm sorry to here about your accident and I'm happy to hear you are doing better now and putting effort to become fit again. The best way to start is by making a workout log (link to the correct section for this will be below) I say this so we can see how you are training to be able to give better advice on how to optimize your time for maximum results.

Nutrition, often times many people think they are eating great but the fact is many or unaware of nutrition timing and breaking down the foods macronutrients. So its highly possible you are eating to much of one food or overeating all together but I cannot definitely answer this without knowing what your eating.

Sleep, is definitely a major factor in not just fitness but your life. It plays a big role over your body and sometimes your actions. The best and cheapest way that you can possibly improve your sleep is a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar before bed. It may sound weird but I do it and I have my wife does it as she has trouble sleeping and staying asleep as well. To touch on sleep again Lipotrophin PM works great to help you get asleep, is stim free and promotes fat lose while you sleep.

Thyroid booster, I would recommend Drive overall it has more bang for your buck. It has the ability to stimulate your thyroid, improve testosterone, keep your estrogen in check and great for combating cortisol. It is like having four products in one, it also provides energy but not the kind that has your heart racing or giving you a crash effect after.

Workout log section
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/

Ps, I just noticed you mentioned you have trouble sleeping because of the pain. Go to Appnut.com and look up Osteo-Sport, I have not tried a single product that works better and faster then this for pain relief. I suffer from lower back, knee and shoulder pain but I'm still able to lift heavy because of Osteo-Sport. I also have a log but mine is in the supplement review section, I'm using Osteo-Sport now and you can see my progress and ask any questions there as well.

Ripped_Effect

Ripped_Effect

Awards
Ahh you are right. OP, I would suggest swimming, if you can swim it's a fantastic workout and low impact so no joint pain after working out. If your noticing your having any type of joint pain its good to keep in mind often times losing the weight will greatly help alleviate the pain and you could also look into Osteo-Sport if it's bothering you now.

If you can may I suggest you start a workout log and document your workouts and possibly your nutrition? If you do this I will be there to support you from start to finish and give any type of assistance I can. Also feel free to PM me if you have any further questions or need help with anything.
Okay so let me get this right. You don't need to do cardio to lose weight and in fact it would be unhealthy at my height and weight to do so. Wow this seems too good to be true. So if I cut my calorie intake by 500 and continue with my routine work-out that lbs will start coming off. Well if you guys say so I'll do it, because you both seem more experienced at the nutrition aspect of this then me. And I am going to try the Drive and Erasestack. Then I will let you guys know how I'm coming along in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info and if you guys see anything wrong with what I'm going to do please let me know. Thanks