Havoc Cycle with Intermittent Fasting?

Impit

Awards
BACKGROUND:
I'm starting a Havoc cycle within the next couple of weeks after I finish front loading Milk Thistle, as I have read that I should.

My entire reasoning behind this cycle is that I'm looking to cut a decent amount of weight, while gaining lean muscle, and then doing a more extreme cut through my PCT and onward. Although I've read different reviews on Havoc, I've taken it in the past and had some fantastic gains and some lost body fat in the process. So... I figured it would be worth to throw it in and see if it yields the same results.

I'm also a 26 year old male, about 195, with roughly 15% body fat and have been lifting for 7 years. I also have hypothyroidism...:crazy:

QUESTION:
I have been doing the Lean Gains style of eating for the past month and have been impressed by the weight that has come off. I'd like to continue using this system through my Havoc cycle but I'm worried that my window of 16 hours of "fasting" will not take full advantage of the increase to protein synthesis from the Havoc. For the record, my total calorie count is roughly on the lines of a maintaining and recomp.

I'm left with 3 possibilities that I can think of:
- Continue the Lean Gains diet, eating higher amounts of protein and calories than currently during the 8 hour feeding period.
- Continue the Lean Gains diet, maintaing higher protein and calories during fasting, but adding in a whey protein isolate during the fasting period every 2-3 hours.
- Screw the Lean Gains diet, and slam on as much calories and protein as my body can handle and worry about the cut for PCT.

I'm nowhere near a professional on this subject, and I'd appreciate any advice or opinions you might be able to help me with.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lean gains will work fine on cycle. I'm doing it right now and dropping fat while building muscle. I'm a couple lbs up from when I started but a lot leaner. For the record, NEVER cut during PCT. If you do you can kiss your gains goodbye..

Impit

Awards
Thanks for that tip. I've never heard not to cut while on PCT before. That's really good to know.

Have you ever done a "cycle" of anything while doing Lean Gains? I still have the issue of feeling like the benefit of having addition protein synthesis will be negated from having such a long fasting period in the morning till my noon workout. Would you recommend consuming whey protein or BCAA during this period, or maybe a clean protein source... like chicken?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm doing lean gains right now and I am on cycle with Helladrol/Trenazone and my gains are going great. Just remember that whatever works off cycle will work even better on cycle. You are good to go bro

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
During your fasting period BCAAs are great. The idea of the fast is to consume no calories, so eating a chicken breast during the fast is not an option if you want to do IF

Impit

Awards
Good to know. Thank you for the info!

Another random question, but have you ever heard of a brand or found a place to buy BCAA for a reasonable price? I paid $30 for 35 servings at 10 grams a piece. It's not a ridiculous price, but it adds up really fast.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to know. Thank you for the info!

Another random question, but have you ever heard of a brand or found a place to buy BCAA for a reasonable price? I paid $30 for 35 servings at 10 grams a piece. It's not a ridiculous price, but it adds up really fast.
That is a pretty high price for BCAAs. The cheapest route would be to buy some bulk and use that, or you could go with flavored like xtend or recoverpro. I personally like the flavored options and it is what I use daily. Best value in flavored is recoverpro which is a 4:1:1 ratio and usually runs about 40$ for 125 servings here at Nutraplanet.

ryino

Awards
I heard from some where a nutritionist mentioned bulking and the cutting cycles don't go together, they say Bulking not only helps gain muscle size but also fat cells that will not go away ever!

He/she also mentioned:
*Knowing your body type will help determines what Diet's are good for a person to take and not take!
- wether you want a cut lean physic
or
- Lean hard muscular size!

she/he said the dieting is the most important part to get the body you want!

Curlz

Awards
Would cutting on a cycle and maintaining on PCT work well/

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would cutting on a cycle and maintaining on PCT work well/
If your goal would be to primarily cut, then cutting on cycle and maintaining in PCT would do very well.