Need help to clean up this diet...

alih92

Awards
My physical therapy is over, and of course the therapist has recommended dieting. I have taken his word and some of the words of the forum members.

I did some researching today and did some calculations.
My estimate is, at 5 feet 9 inches and at 193lbs, my body fat is around 25%. :grumpy:

To lose 2 lb/week I need to eat around 1800 calories a day with these requirements P/C/F 190g/120g/60g.
Now my question is, CKD, or just a regular diet with carbs?

I took today to actually record WHAT I EAT on a day where I DON"T LIFT, because on lifting days I sub out food for protein shakes and because it's a lifting day, my motivations are a bit different AND I ACTUALLY stick to the diet plan. Because of this, I'm about to change my routine from MWF, to Mon/Tues and Thur/Fri.

After logging what I eat, I can see I GROSSLY over estimate the amount of food I am actually eating. I really need to get down and clean this crap up...I'm not going to let food beat me now, because I've already broken my soda addiction...My parents offered me a can and I took a sip and it was soooo nasty and such a strong overpowering taste I gave it back and drank water to clean the taste off my buds. :veryhappy:

After looking at it, I need about 70 more grams of protein and my Carb calories are WAY TOO HIGH...if I drop the carbs a bit I can up the protein :).

Anyways this is the diet.

h**p://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5086/macrosc.jpg

Sorry I can't post direct pics.

alih92

Awards
Also Current Workout:

Push/Pull split...

Push:
3x10 Dips
3x6 DB Shoulder Press
3x10 Neutral Grip DB Press
3x10 Shoulder Raises
3x10 Cable Crossers
Waiters Walks (30-40 lbs)
Farmers Walks (50-60 lbs)
20 Mins Cardio

Pull:
3x10 Pullups/Chinups
3x10 Underhand Lat Pulldowns (About to switch to a Cable Row, I really don't feel anything from this)
3x10 DB/Barbell/T-Bar Rows ( I switch it up )
3x10 Cable Curls
2x6-8 Alt DB Curls
Waiters Walks (30-40 lbs)
Farmers Walks (50-60 lbs)
20 Mins Cardio

Oh yeah, before I forget. I don't have a food scale but to weight chicken...can I use a water displacement method? I take a 20 oz container of water, fill it with 10 oz and then add the breast in and see how much the water level rises?

alih92

Awards
Okay, I just cleaned the **** out of my diet and I'm printing a plan to keep with me at all times:

Breakfast
3 Eggs 220 15/3/18
2 Slices Bread 180 2/28/5
Lunch
8 oz Chicken Breast 220-250 5/0/65
8 oz Chicken Breast 450-570 18/0/67
Afternoon Meal
2 Frozen Beef Patties 580 44/0/42
Dinner
2 Frozen Beef Patties 580 44/0/42

Having a bit of an error getting the calories of chicken breasts though.
If I eat 8oz...according to various sources (fitday, livestrong food plate, 4chan's /fit/ i'm consuming a varying number of calories :ponder: So I ask you guys what is a general estimation of the number of calories in 8oz of chicken? (if my water method is viable, I will use that to find the ounces, if it is not, then I will go tomorrow and have my meat prepared and when I'm there I'll ask the butcher to show me what an 8oz piece looks like).

alih92

Awards
I calculated using the first link via google search of calculate bmr and got 2000-2100. HOWEVER, following the above "cleaned up" keto diet, since WEDNESDAY, I'm already down from 194 to 189 :)

And my strength is unaffected.

Pretty much 4 days workout, post workout cardio, and farmer/waiter walks, dumbell swinging, and some hanging straight leg ab raises :).