How to continue keto while on a trip?

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
I have been on CKD for a few months now and truly enjoy this type of diet and want to continue it. My only problem is that this summer I am interning with a top financial/accounting firm in NYC and they take you to Florida for a week for training and I will have no control over the foods that are there. Would it be alright to just eat clean that week (including eating carbs, thus not eating keto) because I don't think I will be able to get in the necessary amount of fats.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You could stock up on fish/CLA oil caps . . . If that's not practical just try and make good food choices. Luckily it's only a week.

avenue Red

Awards
buy some protein powder out there. i doubt theres an In n Out there but im pretty sure burger king does protein style wrapped hamburgers where its just covered in lettuce

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
my problem wont be getting in protein, it will be getting in fat. I'm on keto

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Go to the store and get natty PB. If you're in FL it is easy to stay on a keto diet. I go to FL once or twice a year. Anywhere that has fresh seafood makes it easy to stay on a keto diet.

BEAST

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Its a company sponsored event and I won't have a car down there and doubt I will have an opportunity to go to a store. My only food choices will be what they provide for us, which is usually a lot, but not healthy stuff.

avenue Red

Awards
why cant you bring Fish Oil, CLA and Flax oil down there?

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
I can but I don't think I will be able to get in like 180 grams of fat from fish oil. The main problem is that its a training program so all day we will be learning and then they will hold lunch in a conference room that will probably have catered food. I cant just walk around with a bottle of olive oil and some peanut butter, you know? Its only from mon-fri so I will probably just eat as clean as I can (including carbs) and just get back on keto when I get back friday night.

avenue Red

Awards
ya 1 week wont hurt if you keep at below maint.. but i mean if you just eat protein with the fat that comes in the food you will continue to stay in ketosis and lose more weight. When i did keto back 4 months ago. i was mostly 60% protein most of the time.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
the carbs may be good...only complex ones of course. I know when I did Keto for 2 weeks, I had a bowl of ice cream on the last day and it felt like I reached complete euphoria lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, Peter, just listen. Everything is going to be fine. You're very high right now. You will probably be that way for about five more hours. Try taking some vitamin B complex, vitamin C complex.. if you have a beer, go ahead and drink it.Just remember you're a living organism on this planet, and you're very safe. You've just taken a heavy drug. Relax, stay inside and listen to some music, Okay? Do you have any Allman Brothers? You know, I'm against drug use myself, but I'm not going to lay that on you right now. Just mellow out the best you can, okay?