Sauna and loosing weight.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
So trying to lean down and I have access to a sauna. What is the best time to go and I was thinking 10-15 minutes at a time. Should I be in more or less? And I know its gonna drain water should I take a bottle of water and drink it while im in there or just wait till afterward? I was told before drink distilled water while your in there cause it helps alot. Just trying to get things figured out I want to tone up and drop some BF nicely.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The sauna's primary purpose is to make you sweat and therefore release a lot of toxins and waste. It won't help you drop body fat. It may help with pulling water out from under your skin and therefore tighten you up. The only way you are going to lose that water you are retaining is if you drink TONS of water as well throughout the entire day. The more water you drink the less your body retains. 10-15 minutes in the sauna is sufficient.

So, that being said, up your water intake all day and when you go into the sauna bring a water bottle. I will drink 1/2 gallon of water while sitting in the sauna for 15 minutes.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Yea I know it wont help me drop BF but ive heard it will help tone you up a bit. And thats what im looking for. Im getting my diet straight and trying the new SX out which is working awesome. Just want to throw the sauna in there for a little added benefit

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Like I said it will certainly help you tighten up if you do it right. :)

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Thats what im hoping! So a half gallon of water for 15 minutes and right diet and cardio and ill be set? Am I missing anything? I can set the temp there also any ideas on how hot to put it?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You should be getting AT LEAST a gallon of water throughout the entire day. You don't have to drink 1/2 gallon while you're in the sauna, that's only what I do. But it certainly won't harm you. :)

The sauna I go to is usually set at 170-180 degrees F.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
You should be getting AT LEAST a gallon of water throughout the entire day. You don't have to drink 1/2 gallon while you're in the sauna, that's only what I do. But it certainly won't harm you. :)

The sauna I go to is usually set at 170-180 degrees F.
Yea i meant a half gallon in the sauna. Ill try all that. Thanks man

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
woman, actually. :p
haha my bad I didnt even look at the name! Does it matter when during the day to goto the sauna? Im working every other day but on off days I Do my cardio then breakfast and could go after that or anytime during the day. Or when im working it will have to be before the gym more than likely.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No, it doesn't matter what time you go. It will have the same effects on you regardless of the time.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
i personally like soaking in the sauna when i used to workout (weights) then swim in the lap pool, then soak in the sauna thats how i saw the best results but my diet and water intake were on point, so first focus on diet in check and your training sauna just helps tighten you up not a huge deal if you use it or not

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
i personally like soaking in the sauna when i used to workout (weights) then swim in the lap pool, then soak in the sauna thats how i saw the best results but my diet and water intake were on point, so first focus on diet in check and your training sauna just helps tighten you up not a huge deal if you use it or not
Yea my diet and exercise are #1. Ive got that down now with SX helping me. This stuff get me fired up! haha. Starting the sauna out today so hopefully the next week or two im gonna see some great results with all this.