whats more important for fat/weight loss?

rrm

Awards
Is it the calorie restriction and eat whatever (healthy of course)?
or certain percent of the macronutrients?
Cause some people are eating whatever on cutting diets, but than for example the anabolic solution you need to cut carbs right out pretty much to stay under the 30g stated.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Cause some people are eating whatever on cutting diets, but than for example the anabolic solution you need to cut carbs right out pretty much to stay under the 30g stated.
Calories in < Calories expended (through basal metabolic rate and exercise)

Thats the most important.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
The anabolic diet and all CKD/TKD diets are ketogenic diets that use carbs in very specific ways.

They both are important. What you eat, how you cycle calories and use refeeds, the amount of food you eat, how you train, all of these are vital factors.

rrm

Awards
The anabolic diet and all CKD/TKD diets are ketogenic diets that use carbs in very specific ways.

They both are important. What you eat, how you cycle calories and use refeeds, the amount of food you eat, how you train, all of these are vital factors.
so if i want to do the anabolic solution for starting what should i eat to get fat adapted? And i train fairly heavy about 60min weight training and 30min cardio average each day through the week and cardio on weekends. To get fat adapted quicker should i do more cardio?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How about trying a normal restricted diet first? You keep asking the same questions over and over again like you will get a different answer. How has your experimentation at trying to go into ketosis worked out so far?

rrm

Awards
How about trying a normal restricted diet first? You keep asking the same questions over and over again like you will get a different answer. How has your experimentation at trying to go into ketosis worked out so far?
Ive find it hard for some reason and i always tend to be hungry when im eating a high fat %

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, see then i'd just stop bothering with it, and go with restricted calories in general. Its simpler, and also easier to adapt to longer term life that way. it can be as simple as just removing a couple of spoonfuls of rice off your plate and one less glass of milk a day to start with. There isn't a huge advantage to a keto diet if you are within 300-500 cals of maintenance anyhow, unless you are trying to reach the competition ready bf levels

rrm

Awards
yeah, see then i'd just stop bothering with it, and go with restricted calories in general. Its simpler, and also easier to adapt to longer term life that way. it can be as simple as just removing a couple of spoonfuls of rice off your plate and one less glass of milk a day to start with. There isn't a huge advantage to a keto diet if you are within 300-500 cals of maintenance anyhow, unless you are trying to reach the competition ready bf levels
alright so what do you suggest? lean protien and veggies for meals?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, rather than reinvent the wheel, what was a normal days diet like before you started trying for keto? lets work from there and just make small easy changes first

rrm

Awards
well, rather than reinvent the wheel, what was a normal days diet like before you started trying for keto? lets work from there and just make small easy changes first
pretty much broccoli and different lean meats and whey shakes

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not much in carbs then? any sauces, spreads, butter, oils, nuts?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
can you lay out what you've eaten today with as much detail as you can?

rrm

Awards
can you lay out what you've eaten today with as much detail as you can?
To much to eat today cause im always hungry and lost with diet.

6am- 4 egg whites and 2 eggs
1\2 cup cashews

12pm- protien shake (2 scoop whey, 1 tbsp peanut butter, flax seed, cottage cheese)

3pm- 3 tbsp peanut butter

4pm- 6oz salmon fillet with very little cream cheese

5pm- same as 12pm

and prob not eating any more
Theres no real diet im following because im so lost!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so lets go backwards in time, 3 months ago. what were you eating like then?

hmm and the salmon fillet with creme cheese sounds nice, I dont think i've ever tried it that way with other than smoked salmon

rrm

Awards
so lets go backwards in time, 3 months ago. what were you eating like then?

hmm and the salmon fillet with creme cheese sounds nice, I dont think i've ever tried it that way with other than smoked salmon
lol so good!
3 months ago was lean protien and fibrous veggies

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well then crap, hmmm thats really not much in total calores. and you aren't loosing at that?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd mostly try and add in more fibrous veggies, if you look at your calories i'd first drop 1tbsp of pb, and drop the cashews to 1/4 cup, that should give you "space" for the veggies.

rrm

Awards
I'd mostly try and add in more fibrous veggies, if you look at your calories i'd first drop 1tbsp of pb, and drop the cashews to 1/4 cup, that should give you "space" for the veggies.
ok thnks

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think more of the fibrous veggies should help with feeling full too. plus could pick up some psyllium husks to add to the shakes

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
Calories in < Calories expended (through basal metabolic rate and exercise)

Thats the most important.
absolutely.

tinker with the rest only once you have figured out that you are eating less than you expend. of course that doesn't mean eat 1500 calories of crisco a day... your ratios still must be within reason.

the finer tuning is when you get down to 10% bf or below, or are really trying to maintain muscle while cutting, etc.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Are you just eating randomly? Do you have some sort of plan?

Basically when you go on AD you can pretty much take your level of caloric intake on a normal diet and just change it over to the nutrient percentages of the AD diet. In my experience on the AD diet you shouldn't feel much in the way of actual hunger, cravings yes, but if your constantly hungry it might be more due to your caloric intake and lack of vegetable intake.

If you are hungry on the AD diet you can always get in lettuce, green leafy vegetables, sugar free jello.

You really should have a good command of your caloric needs on a normal diet before moving into AD.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i use the calories in < calories out model except i still think it can be paradox.

If protein, fats and carbs have different functions in the body (such as muscle building, hormone production and energy) then I don't see they all equate to energy. i'm not saying to ignore calories in vs calories out, but i'm saying there's got to be a lot more to it.

rrm

Awards
i use the calories in < calories out model except i still think it can be paradox.

If protein, fats and carbs have different functions in the body (such as muscle building, hormone production and energy) then I don't see they all equate to energy. i'm not saying to ignore calories in vs calories out, but i'm saying there's got to be a lot more to it.
Thats what i think to

rrm

Awards
Are you just eating randomly? Do you have some sort of plan?

Basically when you go on AD you can pretty much take your level of caloric intake on a normal diet and just change it over to the nutrient percentages of the AD diet. In my experience on the AD diet you shouldn't feel much in the way of actual hunger, cravings yes, but if your constantly hungry it might be more due to your caloric intake and lack of vegetable intake.

If you are hungry on the AD diet you can always get in lettuce, green leafy vegetables, sugar free jello.

You really should have a good command of your caloric needs on a normal diet before moving into AD.
you know what the intake of my leafy veggies were like nothing so that might be the reason. And for calories im at about 1800 so i would just use that and wouldnt need to change the calories?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thats what i think to
but its largely wrong :D the body can use fats for energy, and convert protein to use as energy. There are Essential Amino Acids (EAAs) and Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) that you need at least x amount of each of those. Once you are past those minimum thresholds, exactly where the calories come from is pretty irrelevant to your body. So using roughly what i've come to see is realistic, at 150lbs body weight, once you are past roughly 110g of good proteins to give a decent mix of EAAs, and have taken in around 40g of healthy fats to get a mix of the EFAs where the rest of the 700 calories (1500-440-360) come from isn't particularly important. Is there a difference between getting them from twinkies vs chicken breast? yes, but theres not much difference between getting them from chicken breast, brown rice or walnuts.