Hit a plateau in my fat-loss plan.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For the most part my fat-loss goal has all but been reached except for probably a few more pounds around my stomach and ass. I have a very hard time keeping myself lean (fat genetics). When I first started dieting and doing cardio, I was dropping fat like Champs dropped Keyshawn Johnson jerseys. But now I'M STUCK. Any advice or things I can do to get rid of these last few pounds?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
need more info(diet, training, etc)

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've been lifting each body part once a week, and doing cardio 3 or 4 days a week. Each of my cardio sessions is about 30 minutes... I've been doing this for maybe 4 or 5 months and have lost around 50 to 60 pounds. I'm now stuck around 185-190 range. Had bodyfat tested in September at 18%, last week at 9%. I don't know how accurate these readings are, but thats what the results were.

My diet is very, very clean. Its basically very high protein, low carbs, healthy fats. I never eat carbs after 6 or 7, and on non-training days I've been eating much more fats and less carbs.

Supps I've been using: Tight, CLA, Green Tea, Flax

Anybody got some pointers to get me over the wall?

Bryan

Awards
if you're truely at 9% you're going to have a hard time cutting down no matter what. Maybe toss in some fish oils and a tropical product(T-Heat etc) for the problem areas.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I've been lifting each body part once a week, and doing cardio 3 or 4 days a week. Each of my cardio sessions is about 30 minutes... I've been doing this for maybe 4 or 5 months and have lost around 50 to 60 pounds. I'm now stuck around 185-190 range. Had bodyfat tested in September at 18%, last week at 9%. I don't know how accurate these readings are, but thats what the results were.

My diet is very, very clean. Its basically very high protein, low carbs, healthy fats. I never eat carbs after 6 or 7, and on non-training days I've been eating much more fats and less carbs.

Supps I've been using: Tight, CLA, Green Tea, Flax

Anybody got some pointers to get me over the wall?
gonna have to post a sample diet

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people I know who have had the same problem as you used yohimbine to knock off those last couple of pounds. It inhibits the activation of alpha-2 receptors. A-2 receptors are what stop fat breakdown and mobilization.

Fat thats around you buttocks and stomach are mostly made up of A-2 receptors, so this would be beneficial to those areas that you speak of.

When stimulating the release of adrenaline and noradrenaline BOTH main types of receptors are stimulated, being B-2 and A-2.

So, continue with the B-2, stop the A-2. :)

But most and foremost, post your diet so we can see what foods you are eating.

EDIT: Oh, I see now that Tight has yohimbine in it. oops.

heavyD

Awards
Generally speaking, it takes approx. 20 minutes to start burning fat during a cardio work out. that means that of the 30 minutes that you are doing it, roughly 20 of it are spent burning other fuel. you maight want to try bumping up to about 40 minutes. if you don't do it all ready, switching up your cardio routine may restart your fat burning. I kknow the more cardio you do, the risks of catabolism increase. It may be the bullet ththat you have to bite.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sorry its taken so long fellas- here is an average day for me

8:00
10 egg whites, 1/2 cup of Fiber One

10:00 (pre-workout)
1 can of tuna
1 large sweet potato

12:30ish
post workout shake-2 scoops(Optimum)
taken with 1 cup oats

3:00
(2) 6 oz chicken breasts (usually baked with garlic and olive oil)

6:00
Another optimum shake
A big salad (spinach, brocolli,garbanzo beans,sunflower seeds,cucumber)

8:30
2 cans of tuna
2 tbsps Natural peanut butter

10:30
1 cup cottage cheese
Flax

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Your foods don't look too bad, but are you counting and monitoring calories all hte while? If so, have you tried reducing them again by like 400 or so since last major loss of lbs.?

Rokdog

Awards
There is a book out by Lyle McDonald called "The Ultimate Diet 2.0" that I managed to get to read. It is directed at the athlete who is trying to lose those last few percentages of BF. A discription of the book is at http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You could try bumping your calories up to maintenance for 2-4 weeks, then dropping back into your diet to shock your metabolism some.

whale

Awards
Your RMR has probably dropped back down in an attempt to make sure you dont starve. This is common in a ieting situation. So your normal harris ben. predictions might be lower than you think. Eat a bit more if you can and then drop back off for a while should do the trick.

whale

joey523006

Awards
hey man i knew some one who had the exact same problem add some carbs to your diet you do not have enough. You should see good results

joey523006

Awards
Dude you need more carbs. Let me guess, you are at a plateau and when you go lift weights your pumps arent as great as they were when you had carbs. Guess what you are burning into whenyou are in the gym. Alot of muscle. You are flat too. HUH?
I bet you are retaining a bit of water. Okay now to my advice...
What happens is when you have barley or no carbs your muscle cells have nothing to fill up with, so much of the water you drink is being stored to lubricated and try to fill up the muscle( water retention). When you have carbs your muscle cell fill up with carbs and the water you drink is being flushed out. Not only will your metabolism boost but you will be full without water retention.

Add a 1 cup of carbs to every meal. Not junk carbs either like for instance Garnet yams(mashed) or oatmeal(measured dry), or brown rice(cooked).

Do this for two days. Your metabolism should go through the roof. You should continue to drop. Plus the you should notice the water renention is less. Good luck!! I hope you at least try my advice.